R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-25-2005, 03:53 PM   #3841
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to rcchuckyb

Nice to meet you to promatchracer. Maybe we'll see you again at a race sometime. We will go out for ribs!
Charles
rcchuckyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:00 PM   #3842
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So promatchracer are you guys coming down to Tucson for the Grand Prix race there in November?
deforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 07:16 PM   #3843
Tech Fanatic

Just got my newest packs of IB3800's and can't wait to run them this weekend,I'm hearing their good for another lap with a clean run,with the voltage I'm seeing I'm not surprised.
Hyper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 03:33 AM   #3844
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1
Just got my newest packs of IB3800's and can't wait to run them this weekend,I'm hearing their good for another lap with a clean run,with the voltage I'm seeing I'm not surprised.
sweet. let us know how they run if you have any questions.. ask away. it doesnt hurt to ask
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:44 PM   #3845
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
sweet. let us know how they run if you have any questions.. ask away. it doesnt hurt to ask
I can tell you how they run.... does OH MY!!!! answer your question!LOL They are awesome...I mean what can you expect from 1.20+ voltage batteries Jeff has a major winner on his hands and GP better get to work!!
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #3846
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by promatchrcr
I can tell you how they run.... does OH MY!!!! answer your question!LOL They are awesome...I mean what can you expect from 1.20+ voltage batteries Jeff has a major winner on his hands and GP better get to work!!
hehe.. maybe i need to come out of my "taking a break retirement" a bit earlier than planned then
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:14 PM   #3847
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to promatchracer

Yea guys it was fun
jay can you get me a Much more here by the 3rd of Nov I would like to try one out. I also need a couple bottles of Costa's Hot sauce I wasn't able to find any before I left and we went the back way out of F'dale and missed the restaurant.
LMK and I can ship out a check to you asap

Right now I plan on stopping in after Snowbirds but we will have to see what gas prices are. That will determine if I need someone to go with me to split gas

Later

PS I changed my avatar too Seems once I started using it ppl started complaning but the other guy on here that was using it had it for over a year But hey atleast I finally had some ppl talk to me on here
promatchracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:39 AM   #3848
Tech Master

I could do probably do it if you paypal me the money. To ship it that fast is gonna cost me. 195.00 covers it not including the special Costas request,LOL. My paypal is [email protected]
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
Old 10-27-2005, 04:11 PM   #3849
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to promatchracer

Jay I will give you a call tonight
later

Casey
promatchracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:22 PM   #3850
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to tc4kid191

Man pm is the Best great shipping and the cells are super. Thanks alot pro-match
tc4kid191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:15 PM   #3851
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

do the IB's require more care than the GP's.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:43 AM   #3852
Tech Master

highwayman: as of now I will say no. I really haven't had them long enough to have a really good answer on it but that's my initial thought. I discharge what's left at 30 amps and them equalize them. I will start using the Tekin equalizing tray this week which Jeff loves BTW. I have heard they like deadshorting but when they are already 1.20+ how much higher can they go?LOL I charge mine on a Much More charger @ 7,.2,and 6 and temp cutoff at 47-48. The peak detect is usually 5 or 6. (that's running 19t btw) Hope that helps a little. If I come up with more I will post.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
Old 10-28-2005, 09:22 AM   #3853
Tech Elite

promatchrcr :

thanks for the info... i have tried IB3800's from 2 other matchers... but my promatch stocks of IB's and GP's are coming soon, so im probably going to try both.

would you recommend charging and "caring" for them the same way?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #3854
Tech Regular

Quote:
highwayman: as of now I will say no. I really haven't had them long enough to have a really good answer on it but that's my initial thought. I discharge what's left at 30 amps and them equalize them. I will start using the Tekin equalizing tray this week which Jeff loves BTW. I have heard they like deadshorting but when they are already 1.20+ how much higher can they go?LOL I charge mine on a Much More charger @ 7,.2,and 6 and temp cutoff at 47-48. The peak detect is usually 5 or 6. (that's running 19t btw) Hope that helps a little. If I come up with more I will post.
Promatchrcr, i was reading on the IB3800 post by SMC/Danny the the most you should set the peak detection is .2, because these IB don't like the heat 5-6 seem a little high, and fully charge packs should be around 135deg, if you go any higher the packs will vent, it happen to me so be careful.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #3855
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramyuras
Promatchrcr, i was reading on the IB3800 post by SMC/Danny the the most you should set the peak detection is .2, because these IB don't like the heat 5-6 seem a little high, and fully charge packs should be around 135deg, if you go any higher the packs will vent, it happen to me so be careful.

promatchrcr uses a much more cell master which uses a very different system when it comes to peak detect... a 5 or 6 peak detect on a cell master is acutally .005 to .006 negative delta peak as compared to other chargers.

a .02 peak detect for example on a GFX is actually a 20 setting for a cell master.