R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-29-2005, 11:55 AM   #3616
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gquinlan
You know, this is a very biased thread. I would really like to hear some valid reasons for purchasing pro-match batteries over, say, team scream, or any other matcher for that matter. Personal opinions usually are just that, and I do not use them to make a purchase. So, convince me I should buy pro-match batteries.
So, do you want the sales pitch from a factory, or do you want the recomendations from people actually using the battery ? Go ask a factory Trinity driver and gee, don't be suprised when he tells you Trinity batteries are the best. BTW - Once you make your decision, that has become your personal opinion.

Before I bought Pro Match Batteries, I asked around and talked to other drivers. What did I find out ? A 1.18 Pro Match or Fuk will be equal or better than a 1.19 of the other "Major Labels". As for Team Scream, what kind of quantity do they buy ? I don't trust high numbers from smaller companies because they don't get the volume to continually have high number packs. Why do you think you always see sales from Pro Match on lower number packs ? So they can clear out inventory and place their next large order. I buy my packs from Pro Match because their service is great. I'm not sponsored, and pay full pop for my packs. But I want a competitve edge, and have found it since I started using thier batteries earlier this year, and will continue to buy from them in the future.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #3617
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
Happy Friday everybody I want to take this opportunity to inform you that Neil Rabarra is back in the States safe and sound. His cell number is the same so if you want to call him, go for it. Thanks Neil.

Sooooooo....what's new?
rod...are we gonna see an appearance tomorrow? (neil, not you! i know you'll be there. ) not sure if "states" meant texas or cali

WELCOME BACK Neil! glad to have you back.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #3618
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
So, do you want the sales pitch from a factory, or do you want the recomendations from people actually using the battery ? Go ask a factory Trinity driver and gee, don't be suprised when he tells you Trinity batteries are the best. BTW - Once you make your decision, that has become your personal opinion.

Before I bought Pro Match Batteries, I asked around and talked to other drivers. What did I find out ? A 1.18 Pro Match or Fuk will be equal or better than a 1.19 of the other "Major Labels". As for Team Scream, what kind of quantity do they buy ? I don't trust high numbers from smaller companies because they don't get the volume to continually have high number packs. Why do you think you always see sales from Pro Match on lower number packs ? So they can clear out inventory and place their next large order. I buy my packs from Pro Match because their service is great. I'm not sponsored, and pay full pop for my packs. But I want a competitve edge, and have found it since I started using thier batteries earlier this year, and will continue to buy from them in the future.
hey kevin... ill let jay and rod c. add to your post. then ill reply good answer btw. see you at tamiya
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 02:10 PM   #3619
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
I buy my packs from Pro Match because their service is great.
All along I thought it was because Hebiki and I use them... just kidding kev... I know you're happy with your promatch! It shows in your results. I've been a happy camper since... geez... I can't remember anymore...
Old 07-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #3620
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I missed the original post asking "Why Pro-Match" - but I'll throw in my $.02 --- Customer Service that is beyond compare. Ask anyone that has dealt with Pro-Match, and you'll see that they really do care about their customers, and they will always do the right thing to keep customers happy.

It goes without saying that the batteries are awesome in every respect.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:25 PM   #3621
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Neil - Welcome back !

The rest of the usual culprits - see you at Tamiya tomorrow.

Eeyan - BTW, You and Hebiki are some of the "drivers" I talked to.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:35 PM   #3622
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
PM girl.....

No batteries today...
If my 4 packs are not here tomorrow I will not be able to use them this weekend....

AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No batteries today either!!!!!!!!!!!

This stinks bigtime...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:54 AM   #3623
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

Well I don't know what more to add to what's already been said. I agree that this thread is biased but isn't every thread on here? Everyone here runs PM because of the following reasons, (in my biased opinion,lol)

1) Excellent Quality and performance

2) Customer Service second to none

3) Reputation

4) Honesty- I mean really think about this one, all the matchers out there telling you to deadshort, how many tell you the things that can happen if done wrong. Almost none! Jeff is honest enough to tell you "hey do it if you want, but be aware of the dangers".

5) Jeff Roe- A guy that's honest and known in the industry. He will NOT sell a product he feels is not up to standards and will end up costing his customers more money in the long run. Stand up guy with a hell of a product and rep.

I can keep listing stuff but it would biased wouldn't it? All I can say is take a chance and buy just one pack, you have nothing to lose since they will refund your money if you are not happy. If you base your purchase on "us" giving you a reason then I hate to say that you made a biased choice.
I will not tell you that the other companies (Fuk,SMC,Thunder R/C,Power Push,etc) are bad because they are not. I will tell you that Pro Match is better and I that was my biased opinion way before I became a team driver almost 5 years ago.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:30 AM   #3624
Tech Regular

nova- I thought you would have received them by yesterday. I will definately check for you on Mon. as to why you don't have them. Sorry

hebiki- I got your pm but kevin called first so I sent him your packs!!!
JUST KIDDING. Call me Monday and we'll get yours on their way to you.

Neil- So glad to hear you are home safely!!!!

Andrew- Glad to see you on here, Did your battery bars make it to you????

Thanks to everyone for posting their opinions of our product we greatly appreciate all of our loyal customers and sponsored drivers!!!!
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:46 PM   #3625
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRGirl
nova- I thought you would have received them by yesterday. I will definately check for you on Mon. as to why you don't have them. Sorry

hebiki- I got your pm but kevin called first so I sent him your packs!!!
JUST KIDDING. Call me Monday and we'll get yours on their way to you.

Neil- So glad to hear you are home safely!!!!

Thanks to everyone for posting their opinions of our product we greatly appreciate all of our loyal customers and sponsored drivers!!!!
Not here today either.....

How were they shipped?

If they have not got out please contact me before you send them.. THX
RC Tech member #11
Old 07-30-2005, 08:28 PM   #3626
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Yep thanks for that the bars got here, was building like a mad man, 10 packs in around 1 hour
Old 08-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #3627
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

bumparoonie....
Old 08-01-2005, 03:40 PM   #3628
Tech Regular

Nova- they went out last Monday. Call me 928-855-2226 so we can get this straightened out.
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #3629
Tech Champion

Quote:
Nova- they went out last Monday. Call me 928-855-2226 so we can get this straightened out.
It was nice talking to you today and I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow....
RC Tech member #11
Old 08-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #3630
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)
Thumbs up

Ordered my batteries today! Can't wait to get them and try them out against the Orion packs that I currently run. Hoping for a big difference to get that little extra I need to catch a few guys that I have been racing with ......besides staying off, or driving around the DOTS Thanks Jeff for your help today. I have heard nothing but good about you and your packs from everyone I talked with, so I thought I would give my first shot at some good packs to PRO MATCH. Will give the report after my first day with them which is hopefully this sunday!
www.FinishLineRaceway.com
dmayhew25 is offline   Reply With Quote