R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 07-21-2005, 04:10 AM   #3586
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
highwayman.. ask 10 people.. you'll get 5 pulling for GPs... and 5 pulling for IBs i guess it comes down to personal preference again. good thing promatch matches both cells!

... yup, i guess your right, better try them both.
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:19 AM   #3587
Tech Regular

Default IB

What is going on i notice that Promatch took the IB3800 off there site, are they not doing the IB anymore.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #3588
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Not entirely true. I just got 3 packs of 4 cel and 3 packs of 6 cel. I got these a few days after the sale started. Not only are all the 4 cel packs in the 1.19's but one of the packs is in the 1.20's!!
wow 3800's with those V ratings. i was going by the way PM lists them for sale. from what i saw they listed the IB's for sale in thr 1.17 to 1.18+ range, where as the GPs are listed in the 1.17 to 1.19+ rate.

i presume you got your IB's from PM
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:25 PM   #3589
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
wow 3800's with those V ratings. i was going by the way PM lists them for sale. from what i saw they listed the IB's for sale in thr 1.17 to 1.18+ range, where as the GPs are listed in the 1.17 to 1.19+ rate.

i presume you got your IB's from PM
I guess he was lucky i got 1.18 low and they were flat no punch but flat all through the race so that should be a good sign i hope.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #3590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Maybe I did get lucky. The 6 cel packs I got were all in the 1.18's. I will not run them until the IIC in Sept so I can't comment on the power, but the previous poster is the only one I have read/talked to that was disappointed. I guess I will find out soon enough.

Yes, I did get them from promatch
Attached Thumbnails
Pro-match Batteries-rc-sales-004.jpg  
Old 07-21-2005, 05:26 PM   #3591
Tech Regular

Default Intellect 3800's

First understand that Pro-Match Racing is dedicated to producing quality products for our customers. As soon as we found out that there were some problems with the IB 3800 cells we decided to postpone sales of them due to their inconsistencies (loosing runtime) and problems venting in our matchers. We have been told that IB is working on a solution to this problem and once we have been assured that they have rectified the situation we will at that time make a decision to carry these cells again.
Jeff Roe
Owner
Pro-Match Racing
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 07:27 PM   #3592
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Geedub-What kind of boxes did you get? I just got some packs today and they were still in those throw away plastice containers. Wish I had some nice ProMatch boxes to put my batts in
Old 07-21-2005, 07:55 PM   #3593
Tech Elite

So can i return the IB3800s for exchange for gp3700s now that you are telling me they are, basically, either going to vent of become worthless pretty soon.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:13 PM   #3594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polesitter61
Geedub-What kind of boxes did you get? I just got some packs today and they were still in those throw away plastice containers. Wish I had some nice ProMatch boxes to put my batts in
you get promatch boxes if you did not get them assembled. and you get plastic boxes if you did. once assembled, they don't fit the promatch boxes real well.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:49 PM   #3595
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMRGirl
First understand that Pro-Match Racing is dedicated to producing quality products for our customers. As soon as we found out that there were some problems with the IB 3800 cells we decided to postpone sales of them due to their inconsistencies (loosing runtime) and problems venting in our matchers. We have been told that IB is working on a solution to this problem and once we have been assured that they have rectified the situation we will at that time make a decision to carry these cells again.
Jeff Roe
Owner
Pro-Match Racing
under what conditions are the IBs losing runtime?

over how many runs and what is the runtime amount do they lose?

or was this during the matching process only and a lot of cells were getting trashed?

the ones i just got i plan on charging them like i have all my other 12th scale packs...at 3.5 to 4 amps to get max run time. i usually run 10-12 turn winds.
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 05:45 AM   #3596
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
So can i return the IB3800s for exchange for gp3700s now that you are telling me they are, basically, either going to vent of become worthless pretty soon.
No, that's not the case. We are not saying that, we are saying that there have been problems "sometimes" and that till we know that the problem has been handled by IB we will not sell them. Alot of people are using them and have great luck but some aren't(plus when they vent in the matchers it is bad!). If you have problems as described call and talk to Erika and she will take care of it. The most important thing to Jeff/Pro Match racing is providing the customer with a quality product and making sure they are happy. Also for the record I have been running some of the IB's personally and have had no problems at all but there have been enough problems elsewhere to stop the sale of them for now. I would hope everyone would understand and respect Jeff for pulling a product he feels isn't up to Pro Match standards instead of selling them to you knowing you may be un happy. Again if you have problems contact Erika and she will help you.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 08:26 AM   #3597
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have to agree with promatchrcr on this one. ProMatch has always been honest an extreemly helpfull in all of my dealings with them. I have had some experiences with other companies both in and out of the RC world that left a bitter taste in my mouth and ProMatch is certainly not one of those firms.

I can't say enough good things about the product or service I have received. Thanks Jeff for the great product, and especially thanks to Erika, you are always great to talk to and have always had my RC needs well taken care of.

John Hughes
jjmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:49 PM   #3598
Tech Regular

Pro-Match stands behind their product 100%. We have weeded out the "weak" cells during processing. We have numerous drivers running these packs and they love them but this was a decision we made in the best interest of our company and our customers. If IB can resolve the issues that have come to light to Jeff's satisfaction then at that time we will decide whether or not to carry them. The cost of us carrying them out weighs the benefits, we cannot afford to have cells venting in our matchers on a regular basis.
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:37 PM   #3599
Tech Adept

Hi,

I was told that the GP3300s still have the best average voltage and IR over the GP3700s, is this correct?

Thank you!
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:10 AM   #3600
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

IMO I disagree.I think the 3700's offer a slight improvement. But that's my opinion. Maybe Erika can comment since she sees what comes of the matchers.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote