R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-18-2003, 07:13 AM   #316
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

The best thing to is email Overdrivedgn directly or you can for him to respond here. I know he was booked till around Christmas but after that I do not know.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:19 AM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by McLaren
I saw the painted bodies on the other website too. Is it easy to order a few Stratus V2 ready painted?
I certainly don't want to take anyones business but you could also take a look at a local Edmonton painter whose work is the best I've seen and the most original. He can be found at www.kmaynespaint.com . His theme cars are unreal and not a decal to be found....all paint!! The fellows name is, Kevin Maynes and you can contact him through his website.
John
jjmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:39 AM   #318
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Flash Gordan Send a message via Yahoo to Flash Gordan

Any word on when the new batch of 3300's are going to be ready? I'm looking forward to buying a couple FT packs.
Flash Gordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 08:48 AM   #319
Tech Master

No word yet... hopefully soon. I know Jeff and the guys(and girl) are hard at it trying different things on the current batch.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway

Last edited by jaysimpson; 12-18-2003 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:45 AM   #320
Tech Regular

Talking hello!

Wow, I haven't had a chance to get on here for a while and man did I miss a lot We've moved forums, yeah

mclaren: when did you e-mail me?

promatchrcr: YOU DA MAN

overdrive: will do, i think Jeff did all that last night

losijon: got your mail, thanks

jjmudd: when is the sking trip, let me know how the little one does
PMRGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:02 AM   #321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW.. a chick that digs R/C! They need to make an icon that shows a smilie face DROOLING! LOL Any man that finds a supportive, much less an avid R/C woman, needs to keep her and treat her right... or be STONED to death with Trinity batteries! (that would be a cue for everyone to laugh...lol)

Promatchrcr: Have you guys had any luck with the new "shortie" 3300 cells? I used to run a shop in VA that carried your product, we always had satisfied customers, so you guys must be doing alot thats right! I guess im mainly asking your opinion on the new cell because just about everyone i talk too says "we wont be getting any good cells till after the first of the year." I assume this means it will take time to find out what it takes to make the cells work? Thanks for any help!
- Dave
Old 12-18-2003, 12:09 PM   #322
Tech Master

I haven't got any of the new shorties to run personally. I am running the orange/greens that were longer. I should have some in the coming weeks(hint hint PMRGirl ) But you are right so far it seems that it may be after the first of the year. The thing is that no matter what any other matchers may say everyone is having the same problem. But one thing is for sure; you can bet Pro Match will be at the front of the pack regardless!!!
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
Old 12-18-2003, 12:11 PM   #323
Tech Master

Talking PMRGIRL

Whats up!? Any luck?
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
Old 12-18-2003, 12:13 PM   #324
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

I would also venture a guess that asthe cells evolve the performance will also get back up to the level we were seeing with the last batch of Long 3300's. Not like 1.16's are all that bad but we are getting pretty spoiled to some of the recent numbers.
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:16 PM   #325
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know if these 3300 batteries will be around for a while? I'm thinking about getting some but it seems useless when every time you buy the new battery they come out with another one that is supposedly better. I have no problem spending money on what is the best but I can't see buying myself six or seven sets if they're going to be out of date in three or four months. Do you guys at pro match have any info?
Thanks
dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:16 PM   #326
Tech Master

Yeah, you are right Jeff. The numbers we were seeing have definately spoiled us all,LOL
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
Old 12-18-2003, 12:17 PM   #327
Tech Master

I haven't heard anything from the guys but I will check on it and see if there is any info to share.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
Old 12-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #328
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dimples
Does anyone know if these 3300 batteries will be around for a while? I'm thinking about getting some but it seems useless when every time you buy the new battery they come out with another one that is supposedly better. I have no problem spending money on what is the best but I can't see buying myself six or seven sets if they're going to be out of date in three or four months. Do you guys at pro match have any info?
Thanks
Asking PMRGirl here or through the Pro-Match website would be a sure way to get an answer to your battery questions and I agree with you that it has been cost prohibative to anti-up for new cells everytime a new/better cell is out. On the bright side...costs do seem to be coming down and with companies like Pro-Match you get the best of the best for less! You can always recoup' up to 40% of your costs buy selling your old batteries to new racers or guys in your area, provided you have maintained the cells well and they are/were the best cells at the time. Ask me how many guys at our club would still like to have my 1.177/430 sec. cells next summer!!! These are the same cells you can buy right now from Pro-Match!! (If there are any left...it is Xmas after all!!)
jjmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 01:43 PM   #329
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Rayspeed/Yok discharger

Quote:
Originally posted by promatchrcr
barrys: We do not recommend any type of dead shorting. (or anything that that closely resembles it,lol)
how about simple equilizing the cells on the rayspeed discharger?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #330
Tech Master

I am not up to speed on the Rayspeed discharger. I would like to know more about it though if someone can send me the specs.
Personally I like our tray. I know most all of us usei t with great results. We usually put the battery on it for about 20-30 mins before we charge the packs on race day and they are GREAT!

I talked to PMRGirl a few minutes ago and right now GP is saying this is it. The numbers will get better we feel as time goes on because Jeff is testing different thnigs to overcome the shortfall on the new cell type. There is no way of course any of us can say nothing new will come out but from what we are told nothing is coming anytime soon.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway