R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #1606
Tech Adept

Default Oak Mtn.

Hey Jay. Is the race still on for this Saturday?
brushless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:25 AM   #1607
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

No,sorry, we decided to cancel and reschedule later....the fact that alot of oflks are gonna be out of town and the forcast is calling for rain made us decide to cancel. We will be running the 17th though. Providing Mother Nature cooperates.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 12:23 PM   #1608
Tech Addict

Default Re: Contradiction

Quote:
Originally posted by PMRGirl
AERacer~ It looks like promatchrcr was able to help you as far as understanding the assembly........but as far as the runtime problem that is my fault. I updated the web-site to reflect our new parameters in runtime but forgot to fix the shopping cart part of the web-site. I will be sure to fix that first thing this morning when I get to work. If you order them you will get the 420+ runtime. Sorry about all the confusion.
I ordered the low runtime packs anyway, everybody I asked says I should have enough runtime with them in mod 2wd off-road and its not worth an extra $10 a pack when the only time I use the runtime will be during practice.

Do you guys reccomend discharging packs before recharging during racing? I usually run each of my packs twice during racing and I usually have 900+mah left in them after each heat with 19T, so Im wondering if I should discharge them first. Also if I should discharge them should I do it right away when I get off the track or should I let them cool and discharge before charging?

Thanks
AE Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 01:08 PM   #1609
Tech Fanatic

You should discharge the battery after you come off the track. I don't use the same battery twice running modified. I do sometimes for stock cause the voltage is a little higher but run time is a little lower. Also Modified is harder on the batteries. (((Always let the battery cool before recharging))).

Last edited by Chill Will; 06-29-2004 at 01:15 PM.
Chill Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:35 PM   #1610
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Contradiction

Quote:
Originally posted by AE Racer
I ordered the low runtime packs anyway, everybody I asked says I should have enough runtime with them in mod 2wd off-road and its not worth an extra $10 a pack when the only time I use the runtime will be during practice.

Do you guys reccomend discharging packs before recharging during racing? I usually run each of my packs twice during racing and I usually have 900+mah left in them after each heat with 19T, so Im wondering if I should discharge them first. Also if I should discharge them should I do it right away when I get off the track or should I let them cool and discharge before charging?

Thanks
I'm a road racer so my advise should be taken with a grain of salt. You might want to consider having two sets of batts, one for practice, the other for racing. Care should be given to all batts, but your racing packs should require extra attention. After a run, you might want to consider letting the batts cool down to the ambient temp without a fan. If you want to run the same batt again, after that batt cools, then discharge to your desired voltage cutoff and immediately charge them at your desired charging rate. Be consistent with your batts, that is how you "train" them.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:23 AM   #1611
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mike5009

hey PMR girl wuzzzzzup! Hows things on the sunny side of the states? Going to actually get a race in this weekend My daughter has a weekend off from travel softball and im going to blow the cobbwebs off my gear. Thanks to my playstation I shouldent be too rusty. Just wondering if you got my e-mail for the monthly race report. As sometimes my e-mails dont get out. I have a crappy ISP.

Thanks for all of you guys support

Mike Sunderland
mike5009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:50 AM   #1612
Tech Adept

overdrivedgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:49 PM   #1613
Tech Fanatic

Sup PM racers
Old 06-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #1614
Tech Adept

Not much...just sitting here waiting for the dreaded time known as quarter-end to start.

Jay / Chill / Chuck and to any other PM guys,

The Eyeman and myself are very seriously thinking about going to the U.S. Indoor Champs in Cleveland in November. If anyone else is interested let me know.
Ozwald Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:35 PM   #1615
Tech Fanatic

It would be nice to go. I can't promise anything right now.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:41 PM   #1616
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jaysimpson

Hmmmmm, not sure if it is possible on that one. I do need to work out details about the NORCCA Nats in August though.
A-Train Racing
Warehouse Raceway
jaysimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 06:52 PM   #1617
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi PMR Girl, I received the packs today....yowza!

I'll call ya sometime on Friday in regards to your trip out here
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:24 PM   #1618
Tech Addict

I got my packs today and I am very impressed you got them to me much faster than I expected. I guess you ran out of the lowest runtime 1.17s because you also gave me one pack with 410 runtime and I have never seen a neater assembly job. Thanks alot I cant wait to try out my new packs.
AE Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:49 AM   #1619
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
Hi PMR Girl, I received the packs today....yowza!

I'll call ya sometime on Friday in regards to your trip out here
PMRGirl, where are mine?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:20 PM   #1620
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Eddie Garrison

Jay - Where are the NORRCA nats man ???....

PMRGirl - I need to know those dates again for the race we talked about the other day.....Try and get some guys to come like I said over the phone...especially MF.....I'll be with him for the 4th and the Shootout all next week....He owes me a little favor anyways form some...."Things" we did in Oregon late last year....Speak to you from the race....Have fun on your trip...when do you get back to PMR ???.....L8

-EG