Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Putnam Propulsion

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 11:40 PM
AN
Tech Apprentice

Danny: Do you know how they are compare to the yokomo stock brush? And how hard are they for the comm?

/AN
Old 04-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Red, lowest silver content. Blue, medium siver content. Green, highest silver content.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:17 AM
Tech Adept

Danny B, I am the nicest guy you ever seen, but when I have a reason to say what I said is because what have happen to me
personally with the product, but all is cleared, you wont believe
but I use putnam brush in all my stock motor's but I don't use is
motor because it just do not work for me so there you go I hope
everything is fine now.

The DOC
Old 04-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default stock motor

are these decent munbers for a putnam stock motor

RPM: 20223, 17811, 15702, 14675, 13292, 11822

TORQ: 2.9, 4.5, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0

WATT: 45, 59, 69, 76, 79, 79

EF: 48, 55, 57, 56, 54, 49

AMPS: 18.8, 21.2, 24.3, 27.1, 29.3, 31.9
Old 04-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Danny B - Since it appears that you're a rep for Putnam, I'd like to ask you why no one has contacted me about my motor. I bought a Monster Stock based Putnam Motor from Stormer Hobbies and it has never run well. It glitches very badly and I can't even get through a pack with this motor in my car. Many of my friends have told me it's because of bad caps on the board. I don't want to mess with the motor. I just want one that works. I called Stormer and they said I need to contact Putnam. I tried calling 4 times and sent 3 emails and haven't gotten any response on what can be done. Do you feel this is acceptable customer service?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

Danny B, that is what I am talking about, and then your saying
if I don't have anything nice to talk about ah ah ah ah back at you
my man.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

AN, Not sure on the yokomo brushes as far as what their silver content is. Putnam brushes will be a little harder on the comm than most brushes out there. But with the right springs and right gearing the you can get several good runs out of them.

Syntex1, those are decent numbers. Looks like it was a monster stock based motor and those would be within a couple watts of the best monsters i have seen. I have been able to tune the binary stock about 4-5 watts better through each load, than any monster.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Putnam Modified

I agree with Dr. Smooth. I bought mine from RC Madness and the KR based Putnam motor didn't perform as expected. I tried the another tuned motor from another Company and was a lot better than the Putnam in terms of torque and top end. It also glitches a lot.

Wish there is more service back-up from Putnam to answer these concerns.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Rod_b, I'm sorry you are having troubles with the motor. It sounds like a bad capacitor board. In reality, this was probably a defect from the factory and had nothing to do with Putnam. But since you have had trouble getting in touch with Todd, if you send me you contact info, Full Name, Telephone and E-mail, i will talk to Todd about it and hopefully get you squared away with a working product. Just send me an email or pm through this board.

Doc Smooth, glad you like the brushes. If you like Paradigm Motors better more power to you. But for the 4 or 5 dissatisfied customers i have seen on this thread there are thousands out there that are more than satisfied. You can't make everyone happy, it does kind of suck that Todd can't wind arms, build stock and 19t motors, talk on the phone, answer e-mails/internet boards and travel to big races all at the same time. But he is only one man, not a God. Please have a little understanding. And trust me i am not blowing smoke up you azz here, he is extremely busy. In fact, i haven't been able to catch him the past couple weeks(because of the oval nationals, he is really backed up, i'm sure) What i am trying to get at is...your time would be better spent plugging Paradigm than dissing Putnam. Besides when you race stock long enough you don't need to have someone else blue-print you a motor, Just get the $28 stock motor from trinity and do all the right stuff to it yourself.

P.S. I am just a loyal team driver. 2 1/2 years now, i know Todd pretty well and can attest to his desire and stuggles to sell the best product he can.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Danny B, I got you man, but I have one thing that I would like you
to do for me, how about doing a stock motor for me, I do my motors myself without a dyno and they come out ok, that is the reason why I bought the putnam motor to get a idea what to look
for in a stock motor with what I have so I could get my motor the
way the other motor guys do, but I guess I was just blowing steam off my chest that the motor was not up to par with my motor's that I did, but it happen, how about that motor?.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted. just bringin the tread back up to speed. got alot of reading to catch up on.

L8R

Jesse
Old 05-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've been dealing with putnam for over a year now. I've only run into one stocker that wouldn't run properly. Like Danny said, it might just be a manufacturers defect. I, and many of my clients and friends have had nothing but great results from Todds products. Have to addmit, he is a busy guy.

Onr question to you all out there. . . Anyone been using the Putnam Camillion2 19t motor for touring sedan latly? I'd like to see and compare some notes.

L8R,
Jesse
Old 05-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

I tried putnam green shunt brushes for the first time yesterday in my monster stock and they were friggin awsome. I settled on purple+ spring and red- spring with with green shunts on both the + and -. Compared to what I used to run(767's with red/green springs) it is miles ahead performance wise. After 5 runs they are in great condition, heck they still have serrations over the full face of both brushes. Comm wear was rough, but who cares about that. I'll be buying alot of green shunts through next winter. Compared to the 4505's I was also testing the green shunts had more *punch* and lasted ALOT longer. 4505's gave only one good run after which the serrations were shot and the second run was slow and chewed the comm. So far the greens have given me 5 great runs and are still in good shape.

How aggressive on the comm are the blue shunts? Through the summer I don't race much, just practice and perfect motor/chassis setup. Would you be able to hit 6 runs without a cut with the blue shunts on the + and -, I don't need max performance, just moderate power and longevity for practice.

Thanks,

a happy customer.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Fatdoggy, In the NSW Titles I ran Green on the + and Blue on the - and easily got 6 runs with it needing only the lightest skim. I am extremely impressed with these brushes.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Johnny J
Fatdoggy, In the NSW Titles I ran Green on the + and Blue on the - and easily got 6 runs with it needing only the lightest skim. I am extremely impressed with these brushes.
Sounds good.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.