R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-17-2004, 03:26 PM   #196
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

so drill a 2mm and a 1mm hole right thru the middle?
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 04:33 PM   #197
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't usually drill right through unless I'm gonna add comm drops to the brush. About 5mm. deep would be enough.
Team Associated | Reedy | Orca
jzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 12:53 AM   #198
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,

I just ran 1/12 mod today for the first time and won, so I thougth the motor combo must be good. I'm running a 11x2 reedy ti motor. The armature has soem really thin wire so I think the arm was custom wound perhaps, but brushes were Putnam X-Brushes and orion green springs on neg and orion red springs on pos. Great combo, plenty of rip, made runtime. lol. I did get my binary motor and monster stock in the mail, but have yet to try them. I will probably get around to it sometime this week.

-Sushi Boy
Old 01-18-2004, 04:46 AM   #199
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default sushi boy

Please don't forget to let me know how you go with the motors.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:54 PM   #200
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just wanted to know what Comm Lathe Putnam uses and or recomend? Thanx..
Old 01-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #201
Tech Champion

Default Re: sushi boy

Quote:
Originally posted by danjoy25
Please don't forget to let me know how you go with the motors.
Hey man,

So far I'm having some probs finding a good gear ratio for the Binary based motor on our super tight and technical layout now. If your track is a fairly fast anf flowing track I would say it;s a great motor. The monster stock does a better job of getting a sedan up and moving. I did test both in a 1/12 as well and the binary 2 works great in 1/12 on any track layout. Hope that helps ya out a bit.

-Sushi Boy
Old 01-23-2004, 09:33 PM   #202
Tech Champion

Default comparison

Sushi boy,

Thanks for the feedback. Race is on tomorrow and have decided to stick it with my trusty monster.

Dan
Old 01-23-2004, 10:09 PM   #203
Tech Addict

Sushi Boy- Is that Binary motor you tested a Putnam?

Jesse is at a big race this weekend and he will be testing the new Putnam binary motors. We will post findings as soon as we can.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 10:30 PM   #204
Tech Champion

Ramil,

It was a putnam. It had red springs and the normal green/blue brush combo with the leading edge cut a bit. I think when I find the good gear ratio it will be great, just still trying to find that sweet spot. They seem to be like a Reedy Kr, really touchy with gearing. How do those Putnam Kr's run anyways? I'm looking into ordering a 9x1 sometime before the outdoor season starts.

-Sushi Boy
Old 01-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #205
Tech Addict

Sushi Boy- Just got word from Jesse after their practice last night.
He tested the Putnam Binary and he says they smoke! The track is short, 50 x 36. His rollout is in the 7.72 range, about 3 tooth lower than what he would use for the Putnam Monster. He has posted his best lap time with the Binary over the Monster.
More info to come...

Re: the Putnam Quad(KR) magnet mods, I prefer them over the 2(Ti) magnet mods. With good gearing, the motor pulls hard thru the entire rev range. The 2 magnet pulls a little harder at the bottom but falls short at mid to high rpm.
This would seem like the quad is more for long sweeping tracks but even on short tracks, if you don't get the right drive out of the corner on to a long section the quad magnet will use the later part of the track to make up ground. Little bit of room for error.(I'm not Barry Baker or Surikarn so I like it). I turn the timing down a bit and add more spring on the +.
Hope this helps.
MYXTYPLYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 07:07 PM   #206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

I got a question for you guys, i have a 1/12 car, what should the roll out be for the reedy kr 11 double, track is tight and i am running a 100 spur gear. 52 mm rear tires. Thanks if you can help me out.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:37 PM   #207
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sushi Boy- Just got word from Jesse after their practice last night.
He tested the Putnam Binary and he says they smoke! The track is short, 50 x 36. His rollout is in the 7.72 range, about 3 tooth lower than what he would use for the Putnam Monster. He has posted his best lap time with the Binary over the Monster.
More info to come...
Are you guys figuring rollout using mm's?
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 08:16 PM   #208
Tech Champion

I dunno, it sounds more like final drive ratio... Yeah, I think I just need to spend some more time with it. I ran open mod and 1/12 mod today. So stock might just seem super slow or something lol.

-Sushi Boy
Old 01-25-2004, 05:05 AM   #209
Tech Champion

Default Summernats 2004, Sydney

I am happy to say that I posted a PB and qualified 6th fastest using a Putnam Monster. The best stock motor I have run to date

Dan
Old 01-27-2004, 09:16 AM   #210
Tech Adept

Default Putnam motors on Stormer hobbies

For all you guys looking for putnam motors and brushes and springs Stormer is now carrying them. I made sure I ordered mine before posting because I know there is going to be a mad rush by all the guys that love these motors. Good luck!!
kevinm is offline   Reply With Quote