Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Hurricane Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Man, I really hope it is muscle t-shirts.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Man, I really hope it is muscle t-shirts.
probabaly not because mcgreevy is the official muscle t-shirt tester and i havent seen him wearing any.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goop
probabaly not because mcgreevy is the official muscle t-shirt tester and i havent seen him wearing any.
Hey hes away at school and has to hit the books so he doesnt have time to look after the "sick" pythons so all muscle t-shirts will be displayed by Euge because hes ripppped.....so look for the full page ad in the months to come.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Someone should tell the Hurricane guys to make a buttload of four cell packs to sell to Trans AM racers. Something very affordable. Screw the high end super duper Brad-Kissed matched stuff too.

No IB batteries either.

Call them Trans AM Specials, price them right and they'd sell like hotcakes.

I'm in the market for 6 sets right now and if Hurricane had them readymade and at my local hobbyshop I'd buy them pronto.

Or if some Hurricane guys had them with them and stopped by our tracks a bunch of guys would buy them.

You guys have a good reputation and if backed it up with :

"If you think these 4 cell packs suck after a day of racing, we'll give your money back"....you couldn't go wrong.

There's a ton of people locally now racing TA.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Another thought too while I'm giving great free advice:

Strictly will be running their parking lot races again this year. Hurricane should stop by on some race dates, all you guys wear your spiffy t-shirts set up an EZ-UP and help some kids tune their cars. You take a bunch of your product and put it out on the table next to you and sell it. Give out brochures and stuff. Give out some t-shirts as a raffle.

The Summer racers will eat it up.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Hey hes away at school and has to hit the books so he doesnt have time to look after the "sick" pythons so all muscle t-shirts will be displayed by Euge because hes ripppped.....so look for the full page ad in the months to come.
I heard that guy is ripped like a package of hot dog buns!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Another thought too while I'm giving great free advice:

Strictly will be running their parking lot races again this year. Hurricane should stop by on some race dates, all you guys wear your spiffy t-shirts set up an EZ-UP and help some kids tune their cars. You take a bunch of your product and put it out on the table next to you and sell it. Give out brochures and stuff. Give out some t-shirts as a raffle.

The Summer racers will eat it up.
Kenji....how large is the parking lot track and is there power? I will try to make it out a few times this summer when time and the wife to be permits. Im sure Brad would be up for doing some parking lot racing as well.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

This year it will be about 120 feet x 60 or 70 feet. Yes there's power. Bathrooms too. This year there will be food too.

We are still working out details for this year. We had a successful season last year that went from May to October. It's a low key fun racing program, with the emphasis on fun. We were getting between 15-20 people. We cahrge one fee and let people race as many classes as they wanted to. We created a whole bunch of brand new racers to the sport. Many of them have become regular racers with us and at other tracks.

Here's some images from early last season:

http://pages.ripco.net/~kenji/strict...hotos/may2007/

Our regulars currently race indoors on the carpet for 1/18th scale on Wednesday nights ( there were 16 guys last night), and every Sunday, this Winter and Spring the regulars race 1/10th scale at Underground RC at 55th and State.

You guys should catch up with us sometime at Underground too. I can give you details if you like.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

It looks cool....I will check it out this summer its only like 5 10 minutes from my place.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

We have some competition at your racing level. I think you know them. Rutt and Kitt the Thai Tamiya guys race with us every weekend.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

What class and what motors are they racing with?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
We have some competition at your racing level. I think you know them. Rutt and Kitt the Thai Tamiya guys race with us every weekend.
No one is at Kevin's level...he stoops too low.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nexus
No one is at Kevin's level...he stoops too low.
OMG....thats totally sweeeeet.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
What class and what motors are they racing with?
they race "open 1/10 sedan" using rubber tires and stock motors

they race Trans Am with stock motors.

they race GT3 with silver can motors

Underground is a factory concrete surface that VHT is sprayed on for traction. There is a need for slight tuning and or different tire choices because the indoor temperature changes from week to week. People are all over the place for "open 1/10th" class. Some like foams others like Tamiya tires, others like TakeOff's.

If you are planning on racing at UG check out the Strictly forum:

http://www.strictlyrc.net/forum

...there's a thread about Underground there. You can ask about tire and motor choice.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Batteries update........what is HURRICANE carrying now..? 4600 by who? My EP4200 was sitting since last October and they are not even solder yet...I think they are all dead by now...

Brad...need to pick up some for the rubber tire national and that TA thingy....or I need at least 2 more cell of Ep4200 if you still has any so I can make 4 packs of 4 cells....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.