R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-15-2004, 04:52 PM   #481
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

yea...good luck brad down in OK

Kevin and I will be holding it down at Chicagoland R/C Raceway for a trophy race they are having....185 x 100ft track!
Old 05-15-2004, 10:14 PM   #482
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kevin: Put in some of those gold brushes and Hurricane cells, topped it off with a Busse paint-job this afternoon.

It was nice to see the Busse colors in the winners circle For some reason the car goes faster with a good paint job... who knew?!?

I think some of the northerners better flame throw their track surfaces and slap on some rubber tires to see what its going to be like at the NORRCA nats. Around 140F track temp today.

-Rich

Last edited by RichO; 05-15-2004 at 10:57 PM.
RichO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:17 AM   #483
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a note. Brad Johnson is going well here in Tulsa. Setting near the top after 4 rounds. Barry Baker is on top right now with Brian Stanton and Chris Tosolini in close trail with Texan Michael Paterson driving a Schumacher close behind. We will try to update you further tommorrow.
Randy Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:12 AM   #484
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Good Job Brad! Btw is the track there indoor asphalt?

One other question. I ran some Gold brushes in my orion 19turn and they were ballistic.Seemed better then my former favorite brush the 767. my question is,can I reserate these brushes and get similar performance or are they pretty much a 1-2 run brush?
This freaking motor was as fast as my Epic Binary2 based 19turn but with lots of low end grunt.l8r.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:46 AM   #485
Tech Fanatic

Yes, RCR's track is indoor asphalt, treated with a traction paint called "Skid Not."

Brad: Thanks for the motor help. I can't believe that the Gold Brushes were too hot for that 19T. It's all good, though. I'll run 'em in my Monsters - from past experience, my Monsters really wake up with the Gold brushes.

Nice to meet you this weekend. Hope to see you back again next year. Despite my horrible racing weekend, the event was a blast.

I think Randy's talking of a trophy race in late summer/early fall. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Rob Mincey
RC's Raceway
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 01:11 PM   #486
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Well it looks like the Hurricane guys had a good weekend.....Brad finished in the top ten at the race in OK. Nexus finished tied for 7th at the Trophy race and I ended up TQ and won the same race.

Rich.....yeah a B. Busse paint job is always fast.... Thats good to hear that you are running the cells now. The 140F track temps wont be around here for a little while.....thank godd....lol. But I think this weekend we might get out to the asphalt track and run on some 27's and its going to be like 80F air temp so the track should be around 115F or so. When are the Norrca nats?

Andrew.....if you can make it up this weekend I think we are going to be out at AJ's running a little rubber tire Mod....so it would be a chance for you to get some more track time for the Reedy.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #487
Tech Regular

Had a great time at Oklahoma State Touring Car Championships. Thanks to Randy and everyone that helped put on such a great event. I'll be marking this one down on the calender for next year!

Sounds like the race at Tinley Park was a blast. I'll have to head over there for the next trophy race. I heard that they had 60 entries!

Thanks - Brad

BJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:11 PM   #488
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Enjoyed having the Hurricane drivers here. Thanks for making the trip and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Randy Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:26 PM   #489
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Brad,
Sorry I have not called you back yet, I will give you a call or stop over tomorrow.... I may be interested in going to Aj's with ya'll.

Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 04:12 PM   #490
Tech Champion

Talking Brad Johnson.....A RC Mag Legend

Hey guys be sure to check out the new issue of RC Driver.....there is a nice picture of Brad with a little caption. Its cool to see a magazine do something like that. Now be sure to get his autograph now as he's WORLD FAMOUS and wont have time for any more with all his appearances on "Reggis" and "Good Day Live".....man that Barberry chick is HOT....
Old 05-19-2004, 08:14 PM   #491
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

kev...which month???
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 08:38 PM   #492
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I felt honor'd that he road down with me to and from the track.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 09:05 PM   #493
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. losi
kev...which month???
I think its this months....its the one I just got yesterday.....so I hope its the newest one. It has coverage of the ROAR carpet nats in it.

Yeah Kraig you are REALLY lucky.....

Matt or Kraig....we are going out to AJ's this sunday to race some rubber tire mod....if you guys can make it come on out.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #494
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

No I cannot make it. I have things going on for the next couple of weeks and it isn't racing.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 07:12 AM   #495
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ya me too..it seeam every kid i know i graduating this year.....arg.....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote