R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #2671
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJohnson
If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks - Brad
do these suck as bad as your 3800's?
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #2672
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
do these suck as bad as your 3800's?

GOAT its funny that you used the word SUCK......
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....15th year running 2017/18!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:56 PM   #2673
Tech Regular
 
BJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Windy City
Posts: 497
Default

Seaball - Only the packs that your getting.
BJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:40 PM   #2674
Tech Elite
 
wallstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,904
Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
do these suck as bad as your 3800's?

Seaball whats up with that comment ?
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #2675
Tech Regular
 
RayWarner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 474
Send a message via AIM to RayWarner
Default

I was talking with Brad today about the 4200. He said they have about the same voltage but much more run time...like 30 sec. more! I ran some new Hurricane 3800 over the weekend at the Rubber Tire Nats. and was VERY HAPPY with the voltage and run time. After runnning the first pack and dischagring the pack on the GFX @ 30amps I still had OVER 240 sec. of run time left!!!! DAMN! Thats staying power! I have run many packs from many matchers and have never been able to run a pack and then discharge that pack and have that much run time remaining...never!!! Even gearing the heck out of my stock motors I always had similar results...even after running the packs for more than 1 time per day.....with ZERO fall off!!! The packs never felt flat! What ever BLACK MAGIC Hurricane is doing in the back rooms of Hurricane central is working...and working well! And with the new 4200 out...better watch out...more Championships to come! So do what I did...Get on Board or Get Left Behind!
RayWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:30 AM   #2676
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet
Seaball whats up with that comment ?
you know that answer. brad, i am getting tired of putting your labels on my eamotorsports cells just be able to compete.

are the 42's larger or heavier in any way than the 38's? or are they kind of a running change to the 38's, with new shrink on 'em?

- todd rickenbach -
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #2677
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball
you know that answer. brad, i am getting tired of putting your labels on my eamotorsports cells just be able to compete.

are the 42's larger or heavier in any way than the 38's? or are they kind of a running change to the 38's, with new shrink on 'em?

- todd rickenbach -
Thats a good one....:lol....it doenst matter you wont need to know how much bigger they are....you still run 3300's dont you?


~Charles Barkley's Bookie~
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....15th year running 2017/18!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #2678
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

yeah, i did for a long time. i love those cells.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #2679
Tech Master
 
Mark G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,268
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G
Default

Thanks Brad for the quick shiping

I will have to try some of ur 4200's I bet there killer !!
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #2680
Tech Master
 
XMSRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,013
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XMSRacing Send a message via Yahoo to XMSRacing
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayWarner
I was talking with Brad today about the 4200. He said they have about the same voltage but much more run time...like 30 sec. more! I ran some new Hurricane 3800 over the weekend at the Rubber Tire Nats. and was VERY HAPPY with the voltage and run time. After runnning the first pack and dischagring the pack on the GFX @ 30amps I still had OVER 240 sec. of run time left!!!! DAMN! Thats staying power! I have run many packs from many matchers and have never been able to run a pack and then discharge that pack and have that much run time remaining...never!!! Even gearing the heck out of my stock motors I always had similar results...even after running the packs for more than 1 time per day.....with ZERO fall off!!! The packs never felt flat! What ever BLACK MAGIC Hurricane is doing in the back rooms of Hurricane central is working...and working well! And with the new 4200 out...better watch out...more Championships to come! So do what I did...Get on Board or Get Left Behind!
Question about the 42's - I heard that the 42's had lower IR's then the 38's. I also thought I had heard something about them having a touch more voltage too. Even so - with the additional runtime of these cells - the voltage increase may only show up on a graph due to the long runtime, which would then "lower" the voltage number slapped on the cell... am I wrong?

Thus still making this one heck of a cell. Atleast if my thoughts are correct!
XMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #2681
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMSRacing
Question about the 42's - I heard that the 42's had lower IR's then the 38's. I also thought I had heard something about them having a touch more voltage too. Even so - with the additional runtime of these cells - the voltage increase may only show up on a graph due to the long runtime, which would then "lower" the voltage number slapped on the cell... am I wrong?

Thus still making this one heck of a cell. Atleast if my thoughts are correct!
Yeah the 42's are showing lower IR as well....the Voltage is about the same as the 38's to a little bit more but with more runtime they will have more voltage as it carried through a longer discharge curve.

They will be a great cell that’s for sure.....now lets see what other people have in store like GP and what not.


GOAT....I seem to have read some place before that you were married to a 6 cell pack of 3300's at one point? How’s that working out any little ones on the way yet or is this part of your alternative lifestyle?
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....15th year running 2017/18!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #2682
Tech Master
 
XMSRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,013
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XMSRacing Send a message via Yahoo to XMSRacing
Default

Thanks Kevin - at least I know I'm not nuts!
XMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #2683
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K
GOAT....I seem to have read some place before that you were married to a 6 cell pack of 3300's at one point?
yup. the pack that got beaten down for 10 months before i used them to win the vegas warmup last year while ellis and cyrul were running brand new 3800's. yeah, that was a good pack.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #2684
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

bologna
__________________
www.rikter-designs.com

[email protected]
Jarrod Langlois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:26 PM   #2685
Tech Master
 
Leester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wrong Planet
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMSRacing
Question about the 42's - I heard that the 42's had lower IR's then the 38's. I also thought I had heard something about them having a touch more voltage too. Even so - with the additional runtime of these cells - the voltage increase may only show up on a graph due to the long runtime, which would then "lower" the voltage number slapped on the cell... am I wrong?

Thus still making this one heck of a cell. Atleast if my thoughts are correct!
waht about the new SHV packs that Orion is usuing? will Hurricane be selling those? and when are the 4200's coming out?
-Lee
Leester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Hurricane GP3700 wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 04-06-2007 05:48 PM
Team Hurricane Matching EP Cells wallstreet Electric On-Road 6 03-12-2007 03:45 PM
Midwest Touring Series sponsored by Hurricane Motorsports Speedie Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 1069 07-27-2005 08:26 PM
Hurricane Motorsports shipping? Clegg Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 20 12-03-2004 11:12 PM
Hurricane Motorsports Stock Challenge At The Den R.C. Raceway Shawn05 Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 120 03-16-2004 06:59 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net