R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #1531
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2
Default 2005 Roar Region 2 Carpet Challenge

Just to let you all know, I just attended this race over the weekend and took 2nd place in the A Main after a long battle of gaining and losing the lead....race was close for the whole 5 mins.

My batts were top notch and the Gold brushes powered my 2 year old Monster stock to near victory

Trophy pic

The Big Voganski
Franchise Racing Products
The Raceway - Beaver, PA

Last edited by Chrisgt2; 04-04-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 04:51 PM   #1532
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Nice Job Voganski!!!!

It looks like it was a great weekend for Hurricane all around.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:17 PM   #1533
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I see that paint job still looks good...

Good job Chris

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #1534
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Thumbs up "he goes about 7-2, 580"

nice work voganski. does this mean we'll see you this weekend for the grand finale, here at The Gate?

any other hurricane drivers heading our way this late in the season?

- len
Old 04-04-2005, 06:26 PM   #1535
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2

I actually cant attend.....really am upset about it......my cousin is getting married on Saturday, although I may stop in to chat to you all
Franchise Racing Products
The Raceway - Beaver, PA
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #1536
Tech Regular

Great job to all of the Hurricane drivers in the Midwest Series. Big Thanks to all of the racers that supported the series and showed up to every race. Without you guys and gals, it would not have been such a sucess! I would also like to thank all of the track owners that held the races.

Congrats to Jason Mayer and Matt Clinton for taking the overall win in the series. You guys did a fantastic job.

Vogan - Good job at the Region race, give me a call when you get a chance.

This weekend of the Grand Finale race that The Gate. Should be a great turnout for one of the last races of the season. Good luck to all of the Hurricane Drivers that will be attending. That includes you seaball!

Tim - Do not charge them to 100% and let them sit for the summer. I would suggest that you put a small charge (200-400mAhr) into them and let them sit. Your other option is to discharge them completely and then dead short them for the entire summer.

Thanks - Brad
BJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 05:02 PM   #1537
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just curious, does Hurricane have any plans to start matching and selling and of the new cells out (GP3700, Intellects) soon? Or planning to wait until they are ROAR approved?

Also, how long is the 2x 1.165V, 420+ sec webspecial going to run?

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:08 PM   #1538
Tech Champion

Juan....Im not sure about the 3700's right now as they are not really ROAR approved. We will all have to wait and see what Brad and Crew decide to do.

About the web special there was talk of a new one going up in a couple weeks so keep and eye out for it.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:19 PM   #1539
Tech Regular

Thanks Kevin. I think I should just start PM'ing you, as you're the person who has answered just about all my RC Tech posts recently!

Since I'm looking for some mod packs, I may have to grab one of those webspecials before they go. Two 420+ runtime packs for $69.99 is too good to pass up.

With respect to charging for mod, how many amps do people recommend? I currently charge at 6A for stock and 19T, I think I did the same for mod (14-15 double) offroad last year. But for mod TC with an 8 or 9T, should I drop to 5A? Thanks in advance?
Old 04-05-2005, 05:27 PM   #1540
Tech Champion

I would stick with a 5.5 or 6 amp charge for all classesí mod or stock. I found that when you charge at a lower amp rate you actually dump quicker. I feel the reason for that is b/c you donít have the voltage and you end up using more throttle input to make the car go faster. But that doesnít mean that charging at 7 amps you wont dump. I think that charging at 5.5 to 6 amps for all classes is a good way to go. You really donít want to be changing the charge amps on the packs to much once you do they donít seem to perform as well as a constant charge amp rate or 3X (step) charge rate.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #1541
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That's useful info to know. I assumed that charging at 5A would give me more runtime, but I can see why that wouldn't neccessarily be true.
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #1542
Tech Regular

Okay, another question for the battery experts. My charger died so I am considering a new one (instead of getting it fixed). My question is regards to discharging, namely how important is the current used to discharge? I used my Quasar Pro to pull all my packs down to 0.9V at 20 amps (mostly stock TC and mod offroad, so there is usually significant charge left). It seems like most charges on the market now discharge at 10 amps, except for the CE Turbos and the Futaba (and I'm not sure I want to spend that much). Is 10 amps enough? I've always heard you should discharge at what you run at. Any recommendations on chargers I may be missing, or a good stand alone discharger? Thanks for the help guys!
Old 04-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #1543
Tech Champion

Juan....its better to use a higher amp discharge then a lower amp one. 20 amps is about as low as you want to go really 30 or 35 amps is best. Integy sells a nice little reactor 30 which will discharge a pack at 30 amps and cut off at 5.4v per cell....I think they sell for 35 or 40 dollars. They are stand alone products so you dont need a power supply for them or anything. If your looking for a charger get what you can afford. The Pit Bull3x is what I would recomend.....that new Orion charger looks good but I have yet to see one or try one....I might pick one up over the summer to see how it works.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #1544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JDXray

just would like to say, sweet Hurricane Brushes, i just tried them in my Monster stock and there killer. Any tips?
JDXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:50 PM   #1545
Tech Champion

JDXray....For a sedan I would run with the gold brushes with a monster I would use Red/Green or Red/Red spring combo and a hole in the face of the brush. I break them in with Hurricane Blue Thunder com drops at 2 volts for 180 seconds with out a fan....if you use a fan break in the brushes for 120 seconds. Then spray the motor out and relube the bushings and put two drops of the Hurricane RED com drops on each brush and go run it.