R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-31-2004, 12:22 PM   #1471
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

if Jason has a couple weeks since he can ship some out i would part with mine to give another customer a great chassis...its up to the Jason though... just as long as i get a replacement by the Triple Crown race for Novak
Old 01-31-2004, 07:09 PM   #1472
che
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
I am going to be purchasing a BMI chassis soon. I was wondering if you guys running the BMI has to change the setup of the car from the molded chassis to the BMI?
I will be running carpet, foams, stock and 19 turn class.
thanks
Joe
I literally unscrewed every off my factory chassis and botled to my BMI and ran it today. It was really good "out of the box", however I didn't notice the quicker corner speed, it was actually giving me a lot of body roll in the corner and basically "stopping square" through the corners.
Well as I mentione dI literally moved everything from one chassis to another, including not resetting droop!!!
The C/F chassis is lower on the droop points, so I basically had full droop (droop screws were not even touching chassis) LOL!!
Stupid mistake, but once I found it and fixed it, the car was hooked, I had the fastest corner speed on the tracks, just a little bit under powered with the motor.

I qualified 6th in the A main and finished 4th,with a fierce battle for 3rd. Not bad for building the kit 2 days ago and running it not properly set-up.

Looking forward to taking the A main shortly.
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:05 PM   #1473
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Jason I ran my new BMI TC3 tonight and it was better than the car has been since I bought it about a month ago. Great steering, loads of rear traction and looks great. Evryone was checking it out. I think some guys will be calling to order either the TC3 setup or the Xray setup.

Batteries falling out are not a problem even with the big hits I took til I figured out my gitch problems. Great setup on the battery slots.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:47 AM   #1474
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

sweet dude,im glad you liked it.it just gets better as you get use to it.thanks for the feedback buddy
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:56 AM   #1475
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

On the TC-3 chassis(black)does it come with the top brace or is it extra,and if it is extra how much is the chassis and top brace? I could not find a price for the top brace in the web site,last question,Can I send a money order to buy one or is it just credit card,Thanks
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:20 AM   #1476
Tech Addict

JOHN
Is It Two Weeks YET
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:38 AM   #1477
Tech Addict

John I know u have a new top plate out now
for the tc3 kits
I run on carpet and black top
i just wanted to know can u make
the new top plate 3mm for carpet and
the old top plate 2.5mm for the blacktop?
carkillaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #1478
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
On the TC-3 chassis(black)does it come with the top brace or is it extra,and if it is extra how much is the chassis and top brace? I could not find a price for the top brace in the web site,last question,Can I send a money order to buy one or is it just credit card,Thanks
It depends if you want the whole kit. If you buy a chassis kit it will include the toplate, bottom chassis, motor mount, and all standoffs needed to put your TC3 components on the conversion chassis. I think it is 109.99 for black and colors are 119.99. For me I bought the extra toplate (3mm version for carpet racing). The stock toplate is 2mm with 3mm chassis. The stock setup is very stiff so it will only get stiffer when I use my 3mm toplate for carpet next weekend.

He does take paypal and I know he was just waiting on a credit card machine and said he was going to have it hooked up in a few days.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:53 AM   #1479
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by protc3
sweet dude,im glad you liked it.it just gets better as you get use to it.thanks for the feedback buddy
Great products need to be promoted and as a happy customer I'm just doing my job!!!!!!

Damn glitching did tick me off. For my 3rd round I put on one of those Novak wiring harnesses that come with the GT7 witht he noise filters in them and bam no more glitch. Damn I was really happy.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:09 PM   #1480
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking good race today..

put the BMI in 1st place in pro stock...had to change set-up to a softer feel but still the track was a little loose.. Ran the fastest lap of the day...and had another great day with my car...
Old 02-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #1481
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey protc3: I sent you guys an email saying I wanted to buy the Xray chassis and have not had a reply back. I was really happy about the fast response on the questions, but when I went to order the chassis I have not heard a thing. What's up with that?
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 06:48 PM   #1482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

BMI XRay chassis is SWEET!!! I saw Kevin E's chassis today. He was on fire, when he wasn't getting punted. Not a pretty day. Pulled it out in the end though...good job dude!

The chassis is amazing. The Ti colored one is very nice. I don't think the pictures do it justice.

One question about the front towers though, will they be the std front tower or the carpet style front tower?

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:05 PM   #1483
Tech Adept

He will have both when he can get a carpet tower to go off of, but not sure about which he will include in the kit (my guess is which ever one you wan't)
stephen Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:57 PM   #1484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
BMI XRay chassis is SWEET!!! I saw Kevin E's chassis today. He was on fire, when he wasn't getting punted. Not a pretty day. Pulled it out in the end though...good job dude!

The chassis is amazing. The Ti colored one is very nice. I don't think the pictures do it justice.

One question about the front towers though, will they be the std front tower or the carpet style front tower?

Blake
Thanks Blake! Its was for sure a tough day of racing. Seems the locals don't like to share the track to well!

But it all paid off for me in the end!

Yes the BMI Xray chassis is all that!
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:31 PM   #1485
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

429racer:

Hi,

I talked to Jason on Friday and he is waiting on the graphite to show up.
I think he went racing today and maybe watched something called the Superbowl????? (not a football fan)
I have a carpet shock tower coming so I will send it down to Jason for a template.

Dr_hfuhuhurr:

Hi,

thanks for the props on Kevin's chassis. I agree theat pics do not do it justice. as for the shock towers please see above post.

...Way to go Kevin!!!!!!!!!! (gee.I'm jealous I had to WORK instead of race) and I will be sending you a e mail about the little project I would like you to do soon.... (when I'm not posting from my phone)

wyd:

Hi,

Gald you like the chassis. thanks for the props
BTW: what radio are you running??????? I haven't tried the Novak wire/filter yet...but I am looking at it just in case.

Che:

Hi,

gee. I seem to have done the same thing once or twice before.... LOL. gald you got it figured out before the mains.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote