R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-24-2004, 11:04 PM   #1336
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dont worry just get it out there and youll be fast ....plus it will give you some really fast coner speed and very good hole shot....maybe even too much..
Quote:
Originally posted by pballkid21587
i hope so, my losi is preatty dialed, anyways im hoping to do as good right off the start, or i may go losi for the main. Another thing im hoping is to keep the xxxs speed cuz they seem to be faster on the holeshot. who knows, i shal know thursday
huh.. I said too much.. youll love it!!
Old 01-24-2004, 11:06 PM   #1337
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

protc3....i have the stock one and the Xenon aftermarket chassis for the R2.....if your interested....what stock motor did u want?...a Monster?
Old 01-24-2004, 11:36 PM   #1338
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave

ha ha to much ya right, thats funny ass shit, i dont think so, when i start hitting the wall it will be to much, but that dident seem to happen in the mains and yes i need lots of holeshot, we race on a roller rink with ozite carpet layed down with big 12 foot lanes so speed is key, corner speed helps tho to
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 11:49 PM   #1339
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by pballkid21587
ha ha to much ya right, thats funny ass shit, i dont think so, when i start hitting the wall it will be to much, but that dident seem to happen in the mains and yes i need lots of holeshot, we race on a roller rink with ozite carpet layed down with big 12 foot lanes so speed is key, corner speed helps tho to
well good luck with the car and others in earlier post have put some carpet set up's you might check out......I run rubber on 15ft lanes blacktop...and the car my car drives very fas in the corners and has lots of speed too ...make sure your drive train is really free and put a one way in it......youll be surprised.. I drove losi xxxs.. when they 1st came out and I found my BMI car to be very fast off the line and around the track......make sure you tell us all how you did at the race...
Old 01-25-2004, 12:01 AM   #1340
Tech Master

a one way dosent really fit my driving style, i like to jerk the car alot. but as far as setups, im gunna set up timsor blackstocks setup or whatevers and hope to hell it hooks up, because when i get it its gunna be setup for asphult with like 12 wt springs and 30 wt oil, so it hink i need to stiffen that,. and speed wise, it better have it
Old 01-25-2004, 02:14 PM   #1341
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear
Default Report on New Zealand Nationals

Well I have just finished the New Zealand Nationals with my new TC3 BMI chassis. Although I was experiencing some teething problems I still managed to place 3rd in the A main Super Touring Modified class(The same as touring modified except you are allowed to use basically and body shell you like. So we use mainly GTP style shells that you would find on gas cars. We also run on foams. Over the course of a 5min race I found that this style body shell improved my time by about 15 secs. I went from mid to late 21 sec laps to lap times in the very low 21s or even into the 20s). I also placed 9th in the A main for Touring modified. This is the class where I had most of the teething problems. I would keep stripping spur gears with the slightest impact. Even just a light touch with another racer. I found that when I had been building the BMI chassis TC3 that on the rear input shaft there is a small spacer thet goes next to one of the bearings thet was now slightly to wide because the bearing cap that goes after the spur gear would not be aligned correctly and you could not screw the bearing cap down. So I took it out. I have found that is the cause of my stripped spur gears. So I ended up putting in some shims instead of the spacer and it appears to have cured the problem. I also had problems with ball joints popping off which I hadn't had problems with in years so I ended up cable tieing the ball joints on so there was no way they were going to come of again. And the third problem i had was that I burnt out the rear diff. It was very hot where we were running and I think the stress of the competition became to much for it. I was the standard plastic diff. What do you guys use for diffs? Standard or aftermarket?
Anyway enough of the problems back to the racing. Going into the last race of the Super Touring class there was 4 of us that had a chance of winning. I had won one race and finished 4th in the next. I was secong qualifier by the way missing out on TQ by fractions of a second. After the start of the third race I came out of the first corner pile up in second behind the top qualifier. The other 2 contenders were caught up and effectively to far back now. I battled with the leader and on about the third lap went into the lead myself. This battle went on until about the 3min mark wher I noticed my car going soft out of the corners and at top speed. The other guy started to pull away. The motor had gone off. From there all I could do was keep circulating. One of the other two quick guys caught me but only near the end so he didn't get far enough ahead of me to affect his final 4th position. I had one of my team mates running protection for me even though he could have passed at any time. The guy I was battling with at the start got 9 secs ahead of me in the end so I lost 9 secs overall with the soft motor and ended up finishing the race 3rd, giving me 3rd overall. The BMI chassis its self was awesome all weekend but I feel I have learned alot over the course of the meeting even though I have been racing for 18 years. Can anyone recommend a motor dyno as I think I will invest in one after my problems in the last race there possibly costing me another national title. All in all a great weekend though with alot of people showing alot of interest in the BMI chassis.
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:26 PM   #1342
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

any more expensive dyno is worthwhile if u know how to read the results of it....i only use my Fantom dyno for other peoples motors...very easy to read and tweak your motors on...personally i tracktest my motors b4 the dyno
Old 01-25-2004, 03:12 PM   #1343
Tech Master

tim on ozite is the setup you posted preatty planted or is it all washy? cuz i know people like thier cars different
Old 01-25-2004, 04:36 PM   #1344
N4S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey fatbear , sounds like you had a good wekend. When i run a tc3 i take the spacer you refered to off the shaft. the bearring cap is slotted to hold the bearring from moving front to rear. As for the ball cups if you dont already use them , get the rpm ball ends. they wont pop off like the stock ones do. The diff issue is to be expected in a mod class from what i have seen. I ran the niftech diffs and micro inner diffs in mine , and man you never felt anything so smoooooooth. The price tag is up there , but well worth the beans if your replacing the plastic ones after every couple of runs.
N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:25 PM   #1345
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hell of a day of racing today.joe b.wiped everyone up with a 1st in the A main.i took 3rd in the A main and battled for 2nd till the end.i lost 2nd by 1 hundreth of a second.it was exciting.sean and gary missed out today.
hope you feel better sean.

Tim,
that radio was awesome.i ran it today and i actually ran a 15.7 lap and was alot more consistant.i ran 19 laps in all the heats and won my 1st heat.thanks buddy.

Fat bear,nice running buddy.im glad to see that you ran real good with the chassis kit.N4S took the words out of my mouth about the problems you experienced.keep us up to date on your races.i love to hear about it.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 06:51 PM   #1346
Tech Adept

Hey Jason and Joey B. congrats on the good racing today. I wished I could have been there to witness the whole thing. Remeber Fri. night for the car breakdown and cleaning at N4S 's
house.
moveitorloseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:01 PM   #1347
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Joe B. congratulations on your win but the real excitement was in the race for 2nd that was sooooo close. Great race Jason! See you next week.
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:04 PM   #1348
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks lynn.i had alot of fun.see you next weekend
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:09 PM   #1349
N4S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Great job guys. Just hope you can handle it when the real competition is back next weekend (no i dont mean stephen) Think we might need to watch jason , he is running up front now.
N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 08:35 PM   #1350
Tech Elite

Talking hey guys!!

just thought I'd say A mains !! my car was hooked and though I was laking on motor (overgeared) 3/4 of the race .. still finiched 3rd or fourth in 19t and pro stock.......thanks BMI for a great chassis ...

Hope all the BMI drivers had a great weekend......

JASON !! nothing yet .. YGPM>>>