R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-21-2004, 01:11 PM   #1276
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Hey guys I got my BMI chassis kit and all I can say is SWEET! I have ordered many chasssis kits and have paid major dollars for some and this kit is great chassis prep done for you well made,
looks great service was top notch..... now if some of you guys can give me some tips on a tc3 this is the first one I have ever owned so tips on a super free drivetrain will be great.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 01:28 PM   #1277
Tech Initiate

What is the status of the tc3 battery hold
down?
Snobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 03:36 PM   #1278
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the battery straps are 24.99 and they include a battery strap ,and standoffs.i have 1 in stock and its black,i will have more in about a week.

glad to see you received your kit.thanks for the kind words on the finished product.i try to be different by doing the extra work so you dont have to.good luck with it and i will post some setups for you in a bit.do you run on carpet?
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 03:39 PM   #1279
Tech Lord

also guys,i only have 5 xray kits left.these things are moving fast.i will be running a bunch of them as soon as my c/f order gets here.i have 2 aqua,and 3 titanium.i will start shipments on friday for you guys who ordered already
Old 01-21-2004, 03:57 PM   #1280
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

SERVER GOING DOWN IN 5 MIN NOOOO
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 04:01 PM   #1281
Tech Lord

Old 01-21-2004, 09:02 PM   #1282
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool Xray chassis

How much for a Xray chassis kit ?( the is JohnnyG)
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 09:22 PM   #1283
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tim, we have one quick V-rod, a Buell race Team and love hot rod motorcycles.I work as a tech and was just kidding about the salesmen award. They are adding a race page to our shop web site, it will have all of the race venue's we sponsor. Jim's H-D is proud to sponsor a street stock driven by a girl (Abbie) our r/c races, A fuel dragster and of course our own Buell Team. Gary the salesmen will take me to lunch (Mazzarro's for meatball grinders) and spend about $ 5.00 and they will get the credit for the sale. (hell, I work cheap). It's all good, they sent a gravy job my way today..Jason bring that Buell down to the track one of these days!!! See ya Sunday. We're going to get two more races in before the birds. Will post link as soon as it's ready.

Last edited by tmunno; 01-22-2004 at 06:31 AM.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 10:32 PM   #1284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi everyone:

another night of only 8 hrs..........I could get used to this.

Acyrier:

You won't have any trouble with your R1 and a digtal servo. for racing we use a JR 8714 servo with either a 3PJS or a 3PK on normal. what you notice is how smooth and precise it feels. there are other servos out by Futaba, K.O Propo, and Airtronics also. it just depends on your taste in servos. just ask Jason about the one I sent him........

Ko Racer:

Hi,

for a really free drivetrain you will have to work on the diff cases. mostly where the big bearings fit. I take out just enough material so the big bearing will fall out of each case half by it's own weight.
you will want to chamfer the edges of both halfs where the big bearings fit also. depending if you are running the palstic diffs or the steel or aftermarket diffs shimming will take some time to get everything right. if you haven't already get a bearing blaster (I think RPM makes one) and clean your bearings out really well. one thing to watch is how tight the bearings fit in the hub carriers and steering knuckles. most need a little work to get the bearings to fit right. on the Losi steeering knuckles I will use a 3/8ths end mill that is worn down a little. yuo want a the bearing to fit in to the steeering knuckle some what snug but not too snug as it will cause to much crush on the bearing. same with the stock Assoc counterparts.
I did a full write up on the rccars site a while ago it might still be there.
also stay away from ceramic bearings. they spin really free but can't take much of a hit. work your way from the rear of you TC3 to the front looking for potenial binding spots and carefully remove small amounts off each part until it spins freer if you have any questions please feel free to e mail me at [email protected]
just give me a couple of days if I'm working my "normal" hrs.

Tmunno:

Hi,

I have always loved anything that was fast!!!!!!! that's what got me into racing (mostly as a wrench) I worked on a SCCA C stock and D mod cars for about 5 yrs then went to vintage Can Am racing working on a Lola,Mc claren MK2, and a few older 917's (the flat out best car I have ever ridden in). did that for awhile as I was layed off more than I was working soooo...... back to reality now I just run machines that make parts for cars/suv's.(what a let down). then I met the engineers from BMW/PSA and found out what they do on their lunch hours.......... race TAG two speed karts at their plants............. (now if I could get over there with Mini..................) any how I am in the flow back to GM program and I put in for Jacksonville Fla so I'm a little closer to you guys and there are kart tracks aroud for Mini to race at.

Jason:

Please put me down for a Ti hold down/standoffs for my TC3.
I will try to call you later today (if I get up in time)

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 06:45 AM   #1285
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tim, Move to Jacksonville, and start running the FL series. It's a traveling race. 9 races in ten months at 9 different race tracks all over the state.It kicks off each Jan with a banquet for the last years racers. It is a point series (you have 3 drops and must race 6 out of 9 to quailfy for trophies). Year round racing at it's best. At the end of the year they are going to start having region 4 championships . We hosted the one for 2003 and it was great.Jason got his first chance to run the series last week, and we're hoping to see him and Sean and Gary,and Joe B at more of them. We skip Feb. (SNOWBIRDS) and then off to TQ hobbies in March for some short track racing.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:47 PM   #1286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whats up Ko?
Jrighter posted a dialed set-up a few pages back for carpet using the rear up front and foams. I also ran this set-up and it was easy to drive and very flowing...

LMK if you don't find it I'll have him post it again.

Good luck!

Kevin
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:49 PM   #1287
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is another one that a friend of mine gave me, this is what I ended up running:

You'll need to right click and save to see it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg setup_tc3.jpg (151.1 KB, 158 views)
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 01:54 PM   #1288
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabee
Whats up Ko?
Jrighter posted a dialed set-up a few pages back for carpet using the rear up front and foams. I also ran this set-up and it was easy to drive and very flowing...

LMK if you don't find it I'll have him post it again.

Good luck!

Kevin

Kevin.......Thank you for the set up maybe i can get this Tc3 back together now that i got me a manual and a set up now If this car was a import i wouldnt be having these problems lol
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #1289
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

protc3 pm
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 04:13 PM   #1290
Tech Master

How much does the BMI ETC3 Chassis weigh? The complete kit, chassis, top plate and all of the standoffs that need to be added? I asked a while ago and got no answer. Id apreciate it. Thanks