R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-10-2004, 06:54 PM   #1036
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

im Lost hah, Was looking too far behind in threads Saw u posted u were making a topdeck But u did it already. Sorry. So your Not gonan do anythign else to chassis if works good? And are you Going to be Doing customs like carving on chassis?
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 07:49 PM   #1037
Tech Adept

Sean, just to let you and Jason know the servo can go on either side, which ever you like best. I'm sure Jason was just rushing to get it together but it will actually work if you do want it over there. See you guys tomorrow.
stephen Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 10:14 PM   #1038
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wdm80:

Hi,

if your chassis has two sets on mounting holes for the nitro rack and you use the ones closest to the battery/servo you will have to shave some off the lower diff case. I have some pics of how much to take off.

please e mail me at [email protected] and I will send them to you.

Jay:

it's 18 and raining here............ counted 18 cars off the road on the way home tonight..........your making Fla look better everyday.
call me later today (Sunday).

Stephen Baker:

Hi,

With the nitro rack mounted where the WarpSpeed chassis is you will lose some steering. I started out there with my first chassis. then I went 180* from those holes and went from there.
about 7 chassis later and lots of testing we came up with the holes on the B.M.I. TC3 chassis.

also thanks for posting about the servo placement on the Xray. I was told it should always be mounted onthe other side.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 06:24 AM   #1039
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey tim,
i feel your pain.i lived in new york until i was 22 years old.i moved here 5 years ago.man let me tell you,you can keep your damn snow
you couldnt ship me back up north for nothing.i have been spoiled with warm weather and now i even frown at mid 60's.
70 + or i hate it
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:40 AM   #1040
Tech Adept

Amen Brother! I'm about 45 minutes west of Mr. Exelby and it sucks up here. My next move is DEFINATELY south.

Good Luck Today BMI Racers,
John
jcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 07:56 AM   #1041
che
Tech Regular

I don't want to hear it!!!
I live in CANADA!!!!
Where do you think your cold and snow comes from?!?!

I was in Orlando last week wearing shorts while golfing.
This morning I was shoveling a 3 foot snow drift out of my drive way so I could go get a Tim Hortons coffee...
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:05 AM   #1042
Tech Lord

Old 01-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #1043
Tech Master

Hi,

here are some pics that show how much you need to remove from the dff case.......... well that didn't work. I will try again later.
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:51 AM   #1044
Tech Master

Che:

Incoming........

Thanks
Old 01-11-2004, 08:53 AM   #1045
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:13 AM   #1046
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to wdm80

Che - do you have a BMI TC3? I don't see you on the registration list for the Takeoff Race next week - I guess I'll be the only BMI there.

Here's a pick of my BMI TC3 - finished it last night.

You can see the paint in the upper deck - I thought I'd try it - turned out well. All you have to do is use a small paint brush as a dropper and fill the letters with paint. Once it's dry - give it a few hours - put some methal hydrate on a paper towel, and wiped the excess off of the deck around the letters.

Another thing I tried - I took a very thin piece of brass and used a hole punch to punch 4 holes in it - I took those four circles and glued them to the chassis where the droop screws hit so that the screws wouldn't wear the chassis.

Will

PS - you guys are all whimps - for the last 5 days the high hasn't gone above -10 F (-24 C) here.
wdm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #1047
che
Tech Regular

No I can't make it out to the race.
The funny thing is, I will actually be heading to Kingston on Monday!
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:50 AM   #1048
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to wdm80

well, bring your car! We race every Tuesday at 6pm.

Guys - I love how this car looks - but help me out here. It's not any lighter than stock, and it's more flexible than the tub chassis. So, why did I just spend $200?

Will
wdm80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:25 PM   #1049
Tech Adept

Hey what's up guys? I ran the BMI x-ray today and it was awsome (to get a real feel for how it changed I ran the stock chassis for half the day and the BMI the other half. It was very very cold (to me ) today and when I switched cars it (BMI car) was planted as soon as it hit the track (I even stopped using my traction compound), and with the batts moved up a little you wouldn't think it would make a difference but it gave me quite a bit more steering and he also moved the batts in a little bit too. I ran a mod and it was way smoother compared to the stock, I qualified second in mod but got off to a bad start in the main: I hit a dot and my car went flying and half of my wing ripped off (if youv'e never experienced you wing half way off, the car is almost uncontrollable) but I still managed third. And last the car just looks so cool, when I first got it everyone wanted to look and compare it!

Jason PM me with your phone #, I need to talk to you.
stephen Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 02:29 PM   #1050
Tech Lord

the car should be lighter than stock.it came in 3oz. underweight on mine.i have it with a 2mm upper brace wich is the same stiffness as stock and a 3mm wich makes it stiffer than stock.the car doesnt tweak and handles better than stock.hope this helps and makes you feel better about your investment.if you still are not happy,let me know.