R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #10036
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,627
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kave
Default

All it takes is a few grand and a place to throw it up and you can have tons of fun. Maby trade your vette for a few rolls of ozite?
Kave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #10037
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #10038
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
hey jason do you have a good cyclone setup for 19t on the rug that you use and would like to share ?
__________________
Xray|ORCA|Sanwa|Trinity|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #10039
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

hey buddy,here is what i am running.

Front:
50 wt. AE oil
30 lb xray springs
4th hole in from outside on front tower
inside hole shock mounting on arms
#2 hole for camber link on front bulkheads with 2mm shim
2 degrees camber
6 degree c hubs
stock shock pistons
front diff
0 degree arm mount block
no shims under hinge pin blocks
1/2 degree toe out per wheel
parma indigo front tires trued to 56mm
4.5mm ride height
2mm uptravel over ride height for droop
3mm shims under ball studs on steering rack

Rear:
40 wt. AE oil
25 lb. springs
3rd hole in from outside on tower
middle hole on arm
#2 hole on bulkhead for camberlink with 1mm shim under the ballstud
2 degrees of camber
1.5 degree rear toe block
no shims under the hinge pin blocks
3mm worth of shims in front and rear of the arms for wheelbase(centered)
Parma magenta rear tires trued to 56mm
4.5mm ride height
2mm uptravel over ride height for droop
stock shock pistons

i set my radio to -30 steering expo and i dial in walking speed amount of forward roll into the throttle when at neutral.i used a parma alpha body and i sauced the full rear tire and 3/4 front.the car was very easy to drive and carried a ton of corner speed.i hope this helps buddy
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:43 PM   #10040
Tech Fanatic
 
R.Dalnogare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NAAMANS,Delaware
Posts: 869
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare
Default

Jason, ygpm!
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 PM   #10041
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
hey buddy,here is what i am running.

Front:
50 wt. AE oil
30 lb xray springs
4th hole in from outside on front tower
inside hole shock mounting on arms
#2 hole for camber link on front bulkheads with 2mm shim
2 degrees camber
6 degree c hubs
stock shock pistons
front diff
0 degree arm mount block
no shims under hinge pin blocks
1/2 degree toe out per wheel
parma indigo front tires trued to 56mm
4.5mm ride height
2mm uptravel over ride height for droop
3mm shims under ball studs on steering rack

Rear:
40 wt. AE oil
25 lb. springs
3rd hole in from outside on tower
middle hole on arm
#2 hole on bulkhead for camberlink with 1mm shim under the ballstud
2 degrees of camber
1.5 degree rear toe block
no shims under the hinge pin blocks
3mm worth of shims in front and rear of the arms for wheelbase(centered)
Parma magenta rear tires trued to 56mm
4.5mm ride height
2mm uptravel over ride height for droop
stock shock pistons

i set my radio to -30 steering expo and i dial in walking speed amount of forward roll into the throttle when at neutral.i used a parma alpha body and i sauced the full rear tire and 3/4 front.the car was very easy to drive and carried a ton of corner speed.i hope this helps buddy
thanks jason its close to what i am running the only differnce is i am running 2mm shims under the toe blocks all the way around if i dont i scrub alot of speed and sometimes i traction roll also i put 4 mm of shims under the camber blocks in the front and 2 in the rear otherwise everything else is the same
__________________
Xray|ORCA|Sanwa|Trinity|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:37 PM   #10042
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3
Default

I just stumbled upon RcTech. I was missing out on alot of info!

Do you have any Cyclone chassis in stock? I am thinking of upgrading.
Let me know.
Chassis Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #10043
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

we do have them in stock buddy.feel free to call the shop at
352-544-0463
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #10044
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

You get my box today?

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #10045
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

got it bro.thats a damn nice lathe dude.i will get it all ready for you on saturday and ship it back on monday
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #10046
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hason, any word yet on the T2 shock towers? The nice lady said you were in the process of making them...

THX in advance...
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:29 PM   #10047
Tech Elite
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default

hey J - gimme a call again. I'm outta cell minutes from calling you too much.
__________________
-Jason Schreffler-
TLR|Horizon Hobby|Spektrum|AKA|Team CRC|CR Graphics|TQ Wire|Radio Impound Podcast
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #10048
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
got it bro.thats a damn nice lathe dude.i will get it all ready for you on saturday and ship it back on monday
Cool deal...see what you can figure out about it. I know the two set screws between the block and the arm holder are for adjusting the way tension and are VERY sensitive and will change the way it cutts!!

Thanks
EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:09 PM   #10049
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

cool deal dude.i will keep an eye on it.the main things i will do is square the guides to the tool block and get the bit height right if its not already.this always makes my cuts alot better and makes the tool last for a real long time.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #10050
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Hason, any word yet on the T2 shock towers? The nice lady said you were in the process of making them...

THX in advance...
i am doing a run of everything right now for the snowbirds.the towers are in there buddy.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler / climber discussions Frost Malaysian R/C Racers 40 02-09-2007 11:37 AM
EXTREME RC MODIFICATION - Findings and Discussions mop_iko Nitro On-Road 126 08-20-2004 03:12 PM
Discussions with UCHEATULOSE !! lmunno Florida Racing 5 04-12-2004 08:34 PM
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec helps and discussions Cmotif Chat Lounge 72 01-17-2002 07:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net