R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #8836
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Because the BMI moves the electronics in and forward it has a more aggresive feel when driving. BMI is also 3.0 mm thick as compared to 2.5 for the FT. I think that the BMI will give you an extra few tenths per lap if you can wheel it.
Thanks again ..I'm will copy your set up......
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #8837
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 124
Default

I don't have the FT TC4 so I can't compare but the BMI TC4 is fantastic! I used the setup on Associated's site for outdoor asphalt, large flowing layout. The car is very stiff and stable, can handle a lot of power, has good low speed turning and is very adjustable. For me, someone who has been racing only a couple of years now, the BMI TC4 improved my driving immensely.
To be honest, it made TC racing fun.
Thanks,
Matt
mpetrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:45 AM   #8838
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 115
Default BMI 1/12th scale

I just got my BMI conversion.
Wow!!!! The workmanship is spectacular!

Can someone please post a good carpet set-up, so I can get this thing on the track ASAP?

Any special tweaks for this chassis?
r1sportbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:07 AM   #8839
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

here was my latest setup.

Front
70 wt losi oil
2 piston
purple springs
inside on arm
2nd hole out on tower (laid down)
camber - 2nd hole out silver ball stud no washers
4 deg castor
5mm ride height
droop - 2mm over ride height
steering rack - silver ball studs no washers
2 shims in front of arms
no shims under blocks
thickest sway bar
Double Pink/Orange

Rear
60 wt losi oil
2 piston
copper spring
outside on arm
2nd hole out on tower (laid down)
camber - 2nd hole out silver ball stud no washers
Losi XXXS Zero deg hubs inside on hub no washers
no washers under blocks
5 mm ride height
droop - 2 mm over ride height
double pink

no sway bar (this made a huge difference)
BMI Chassis/top deck/ motor mount
Team Express C2 (19T) geared 35-104
Team Express IB3800's
Parma Alfa
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|TeamTrinity|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:25 PM   #8840
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 115
Default 12th scale

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I'm looking for a BMI 1/12 scale set-up.
r1sportbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #8841
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry
here was my latest setup.

Front
70 wt losi oil
2 piston
purple springs
inside on arm
2nd hole out on tower (laid down)
camber - 2nd hole out silver ball stud no washers
4 deg castor
5mm ride height
droop - 2mm over ride height
steering rack - silver ball studs no washers
2 shims in front of arms
no shims under blocks
thickest sway bar
Double Pink/Orange

Rear
60 wt losi oil
2 piston
copper spring
outside on arm
2nd hole out on tower (laid down)
camber - 2nd hole out silver ball stud no washers
Losi XXXS Zero deg hubs inside on hub no washers
no washers under blocks
5 mm ride height
droop - 2 mm over ride height
double pink

no sway bar (this made a huge difference)
BMI Chassis/top deck/ motor mount
Team Express C2 (19T) geared 35-104
Team Express IB3800's
Parma Alfa
I just got my BMITC4 going and have just a few questions about your setup. What front and rear arm spacing do you use? What ballstud(silv/black)/washer combo do you use on your steering knuckles and rear hubs? And what rear arm mount combo are you using?
Thanks LJae
LJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #8842
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1sportbike
I just got my BMI conversion.
Wow!!!! The workmanship is spectacular!

Can someone please post a good carpet set-up, so I can get this thing on the track ASAP?

Any special tweaks for this chassis?
30 wt oil in center shock
olive green spring
.020 front springs
.075 t plate
i use all 3 screws where t plate attaches to the lower pod.
100 wt shock oil in damper washers
4mm ride hieght at rear of chassis(not pod)
3.5 mm ride height at front of chassis
1.800 diameter grey rear tires
1.700 diameter front purple tires
make sure rear pod is level
parma speed 8 body

this is for stock 1/12th.let me know if i missed anything.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #8843
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
30 wt oil in center shock
olive green spring
.020 front springs
.075 t plate
i use all 3 screws where t plate attaches to the lower pod.
100 wt shock oil in damper washers
4mm ride hieght at rear of chassis(not pod)
3.5 mm ride height at front of chassis
1.800 diameter grey rear tires
1.700 diameter front purple tires
make sure rear pod is level
parma speed 8 body

this is for stock 1/12th.let me know if i missed anything.
what about caster blocks and front camber?

battery position?

spur gear size?

thanks
r1sportbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #8844
Tech Elite
 
theisgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,191
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

this is pretty much a stock l4 setup so I assume

1 degree neg camber
1 degree toe in to zero toe
10 degree blocks 1 shim either side
96 spur
batts about 1/8 back from full front
__________________
yang lai

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #8845
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

sorry about that.10 degree castor 1 shim in front and rear of arm.i always start with the batts full back and creep them forward until the car smoothes out to my liking.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #8846
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

i start with 1 degree of camber.if the front bites too hard i go to 1/2 degree.i go with just a hair of bump toe out also.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:30 PM   #8847
Tech Fanatic
 
lmunno's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 892
Send a message via AIM to lmunno
Default

Just want to wish Tim Stamper a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #8848
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJae
I just got my BMITC4 going and have just a few questions about your setup. What front and rear arm spacing do you use? What ballstud(silv/black)/washer combo do you use on your steering knuckles and rear hubs? And what rear arm mount combo are you using?
Thanks LJae
I have the arms spaced in the stock setting. I use silver ball studs everywhere. The steering knuckles I think were 2 washers...basically you just want to make the link parallel with the arms. I was using the 2.0 degree mount but I would suggest the 3.0 with the circle block. rear hubs get no washers.
__________________
Tekno|JConcepts|TeamTrinity|BOOMrc
Bob Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 02:56 AM   #8849
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: land of mass unemployment
Posts: 1,313
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hi,

and ConGarts go out to Tim S. as he is a Uncle now!!!!!

Jesse:

Hi,

hope your having fun with your B.M.I.TC4. Bob will steer you in the right direction. I just gave up and switched cars.
Mini loves his XRays.

Thanks
__________________
Team Tekin, KoPropo, Power Push Batteries, Tempgun.com
PROTECT ME FROM THE THINGS I WANT.
THAT WHICH FEEDS ME DESTROYS ME.
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #8850
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,143
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

TimXLB how have you been? Have you been all tuned up now or you still working on that. Hope everything is back on track for you.

Brian
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler / climber discussions Frost Malaysian R/C Racers 40 02-09-2007 11:37 AM
EXTREME RC MODIFICATION - Findings and Discussions mop_iko Nitro On-Road 126 08-20-2004 03:12 PM
Discussions with UCHEATULOSE !! lmunno Florida Racing 5 04-12-2004 08:34 PM
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec helps and discussions Cmotif Chat Lounge 72 01-17-2002 07:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:05 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net