R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-04-2004, 01:36 PM   #856
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: new track in Ca

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonC
MB what track did you run at ??
hey jason The new track is R/C HEAT ans will be in norco.. offf the I 15 and hiddenvalley so youd have to make a trip down the 15 to get there ..hope to see you there on JAN 25 opening day......Its going to be a blast....chk out the R/C HEAT thread in the racing forum for details and pics..

Last edited by mb racer; 01-04-2004 at 01:44 PM.
mb racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 05:31 PM   #857
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,
just want to take a minute to welcome stephen baker to the team.he is going to be testing out the new Xray chassis on asphalt.jason exelby is going to be testing for carpet.this chassis is going to be released for testing this week sometime.
again,welcome to team BMI stephen
Jason,I will be shipping the Xray chassis up to you along with your tc3 chassis sometime this week.
Hey tim,when the wife gets off the phone i will try to call you.i have a few questions for you.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:11 PM   #858
Tech Adept

Hi everyone!

Thanks Jason, I appreciate it. See you next weekend
stephen Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:51 PM   #859
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Another good day of racing. TQ'd and finished 2nd in the main to another BMI car. Me and Mike Skeen raced noise to tail for 4 minutes and only time we touched was when he parked it in front of me in a corner and I hit him...both got stuck on the wall and both got marshalled at the same time and finished the race nose to tail. It was pretty fun!!

Looking forward to the snowbirds!!

ea
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 08:23 PM   #860
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jrighter
If you guys haven't tried the Mazda 6 body yet I would suggest doing so. This body rocks! Has tons of front bite and good rear traction.
jrighter,

But, who carries them?

Mike
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 10:21 PM   #861
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah Eric... had a blast man. Can't wait till next time.

I really like my BMI conversion. Everything was great, but I noticed a few things about it. Not big deals but maybe improvements can be made...

The aluminum motor plate/bearing retainer for the rear end is #1 not perfectly flat where the bearing retainer/cap attaches on the plate. #2 because of this... I had to cut special shims to put under my bearing cap so that it didn't bind on the bearing. Maybe if you can't fix the slight problem then maybe you could make your own bearing cap the fits the plate so that the bearing won't bind. That would REALLY make the BMI car conversion KILLER right out of the box.

$.02

However please don't take this the wrong way. I ran the car and loved it. Had to adjust my setups a little bit, but it ran great.

thanks again for shipping the chassis to me next day so I could get it ready for this past weekend. Any time you win on the debut of a new car it is impressive. The car really ran well and was really consistant. And a win over EA, who is always FAST!!!, is always a good thing

Michael Skeen
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 10:32 PM   #862
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Michal101
jrighter,

But, who carries them?

Mike
try speedtech www.speedtechrc.com

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 10:44 PM   #863
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by howard hudson
try speedtech www.speedtechrc.com
Their site says "OUT OF STOCK" right now, but I think I may have found a place.

Thanks, Mike
ProMatch
Parma
Michal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 10:52 PM   #864
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Michal101
Their site says "OUT OF STOCK" right now, but I think I may have found a place.

Thanks, Mike
he will prob get some this week Steve is a super cool dude . and has fantastic customer service

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:44 AM   #865
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally posted by Tempest2000
Yeah Eric... had a blast man. Can't wait till next time.

I really like my BMI conversion. Everything was great, but I noticed a few things about it. Not big deals but maybe improvements can be made...

The aluminum motor plate/bearing retainer for the rear end is #1 not perfectly flat where the bearing retainer/cap attaches on the plate. #2 because of this... I had to cut special shims to put under my bearing cap so that it didn't bind on the bearing. Maybe if you can't fix the slight problem then maybe you could make your own bearing cap the fits the plate so that the bearing won't bind. That would REALLY make the BMI car conversion KILLER right out of the box.

$.02

However please don't take this the wrong way. I ran the car and loved it. Had to adjust my setups a little bit, but it ran great.

thanks again for shipping the chassis to me next day so I could get it ready for this past weekend. Any time you win on the debut of a new car it is impressive. The car really ran well and was really consistant. And a win over EA, who is always FAST!!!, is always a good thing

Michael Skeen

Yeah I did notice the same thing and I also fixed this problem with some shims underneath the bearing cap. A special bearing cap would be the bomb as the bearing cap seems to give problems anyway.
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:55 AM   #866
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Stephen, glad you made the switch from Warpspeed to BMI......by the way....dont be to quick to trash your left over demon cars......If you remove the wheels and flip them over on their shock towers, they make excellent car stands PS good racing today

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 03:21 AM   #867
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe B
Hey Stephen, glad you made the switch from Warpspeed to BMI......by the way....dont be to quick to trash your left over demon cars......If you remove the wheels and flip them over on their shock towers, they make excellent car stands PS good racing today
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:11 AM   #868
Tech Adept

Quote:
While you do need to show some attention to the bearing cap upon assembly, saying that it's machined incorrectly is probably not a fair statement to make.

You need to realize, BMI Racing uses computer controlled milling machines that are state of the art, costing hundreds of thousands of dollars and capable of whittling away material to within ten thousands of an inch! That chunk of aluminum is more than likley, flatter and straighter than any stock mass produced part could ever be. I personally doubt you have measured, accurately of course, that part. You are just assuming that because the crush is tight on that bearing cap that it must be machined wrong.

On my BMI ETC3, I use a simple method to accurately retain that bearing without any undo binding. I use loctite on the threads of the 2 fasteners, set my bearing cap to have very slight crush on the bearing and let the loctite set up. No fancy shims, no binding. That bearing ins't going anywhere and it works perfect. But of course I am pretty anal about ALL the fasteners on the diff housings as well. I don't like any binding or distortion of ANY of the plastic pieces.

Just my $0.02
NitroJohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:07 AM   #869
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well if it is perfectly flat then the plate where it wraps around the bearing was cut too short(the sides) because otherwise the bearing caps would work perfectly.

Just making suggestions... I thought that this was what this forum was for??? As I said I really liked the car...
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 10:05 AM   #870
Tech Adept

Default Nice Car...great handle

Hey everyne I had my BMI set up for high traction track, works great! Took it to a dusty parking lot, no setup changes, the car works great! Then took it to a med traction track didnt change nothin and again it worked geat. this thing is awsome! Ive been racin for almost a year and have never had a car handle like this, this thing is great!!!!
Rowdy Racer is offline   Reply With Quote