R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-02-2004, 08:14 PM   #841
Tech Initiate

Brace Yourselves a new shippment of BMI ETC3 Chassis are being released next week
BBHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 08:23 PM   #842
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

woah,gregs back
what up shady
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:29 PM   #843
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Tim thanks...that would be greatly appreciated....

i've been playin with the BMI TC3 more and more...i can give you my setup so far......this is for carpet....takeoff 27's premounted tires on a medium bite surface...ive been running almost as fast as foam stock with this setup with a really hot Monster stock made by Anonymous Motors

Front:

Rear shock tower on front.
Outer hole on bottom.
Second from outside on top.
#2 pistons 70 weight oil
front one-way
Losi 0 degree spindle carriers with AE steering knuckles
inside camber link top inner hole
1.5 degree neg. camber and 0 degree toe-in
gold springs
everything else stock setup

Rear:
outer hole on bottom
second from outer on top
#2 pistons 60 weight oil
lightweight outdrives
Losi 0 degree hub carriers with camber link on inside hole
1.5 degree neg. camber
inside camber link upper inner hole
R-3+2 block
blue springs
everything else stock

Batteries forward position
wheelbase shortest
Ride height 5mm
Alfa 2.0 body
BMI chassis (pretty red)

Jack the Gripper traction compound
full rear and inner third on front tire

car was smooth and carried lots of corner speed
i put the heavier oil in the shocks to tame the twitchiness and response of the car ingeneral...tomorrow theres a bigger club race ill be in and ill tweak on the setup even more

i was hitting 13.2 second laps with the car and the fastest i could get with my backup Barracuda R2 was 13.7 so im happy so far but theres always room for improvement!
Old 01-02-2004, 11:46 PM   #844
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

R/C:

Please e mail me at [email protected] with your address. thanks for posting your rubber tire setup. I'll add it to my files of setups. also have you tried Tq"BLU" yet???? we ran it all the time with rubber tires.

Will:

Hi,

look at it this way, great things come to those who wait. and it's well worth the wait.

Greg:

Hi,

long time no see.....

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 07:26 AM   #845
Tech Lord

hey tim,
thanks for helping.i will give you a call later.

jay
Old 01-03-2004, 07:40 AM   #846
Tech Lord

sweet dude.let me know if it gets any better.big improvement though.nice
Old 01-03-2004, 01:01 PM   #847
Tech Master

Jay:

Hi,

Got my box today (Jason called me to let me know).

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:42 PM   #848
Tech Lord

cool dude,i will call you in a bit.i just got my little 1/12 scale and im setting it up now.little thing is cool as hell
Old 01-03-2004, 09:27 PM   #849
Tech Adept

Default My BMI Car Freakin ROCKS!!!!

I have to thank Jason from BMI along with "Blazin" Bob Astarita (co-designer of the Nitro TC3 chassis) for the awesome BMI Nitro Chassis!

I am running the older version, the G1. I TQ'd AND won the Nitro A-Main while resetting the track record in the process at our LHS Speedway!!!

Our track record (lap record that is) has been stuck at 13.0 for quite sometime. It was set by another BMI Nitro TC3 of Troy Robinson. The 12 second barrier seemed impossible to get to. On lap 8 of the first qualifier Troy put up a 12.7, the first EVER 12 second lap at our track, I answered back a few laps later with a string on 12 second laps, setting the record in the process. I posted laps of 12.9, 12.9, 12.8, 12.5, & a 12.8 to reset the record to 12.5! I was stoked!

The BMI Nitro TC3 was simply awesome. What an excellent piece of work those cars are.

In electric with my BMI ETC3, I didn't do quite as well. I carded second in both qualifiers and the A Main to who else? "The Dominator" - Troy Robinson also running a BMI ETC3! He was flying, ending up a few turns behind me to nearly lap me in all 3 races! I though my car was really running well and Robinson was running mid to low 13 second laps like it was nothing.

I think my car was a little too soft for the excellent conditions we have at B & B Hobbies Speedway now.

Anyway, thanks to Jason for the BMI Chassis & "Blazin" Bob Astarita for "The Fix" that kept my car together after a few miscues and one flight thru the air!!!

Last edited by NitroJohnnyD; 01-04-2004 at 09:08 AM.
NitroJohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 10:10 PM   #850
Tech Lord

congrats johnny,i want my chassis back
i will be down for next weekends race.i think im just gonna do nitro though.i didnt go tonight because im racing tomorrow down south.
see ya next weekend.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:16 PM   #851
Tech Master

NitrojohnnyD:

Congrats on your run today. at least Team B.M.I. comes in 1-2 in the main (electric) !!!!!!!! you get to run GTP bodies in 200mm???????? what about the CamAm bodies???????
one other question for you. do you temp your tires after you race???? either foams or rubber. I do this at the bigger races. I use this as a tuning aid. just something to think about.

Jay:

HI,

Hows the Mini??????? Jason was asking about it. seems he wants to run 1/12th scale something.

I'l call you Sunday night after racing.
I'll also send you the pics I took of everything also

Thanks
Old 01-03-2004, 10:36 PM   #852
Tech Adept

Quote:
congrats johnny,i want my chassis back
i will be down for next weekends race.i think im just gonna do nitro though.i didnt go tonight because im racing tomorrow down south.
see ya next weekend.
Jason,

You are never going to believe the grip that track has now! I was there at 1pm today and spent 2-3 hours prepping it. Dare I say it has more grip (albeit bumpier) than "down south"? When was the last time you could traction roll at B & B? Yep, THAT MUCH GRIP!

Quote:
Congrats on your run today. at least Team B.M.I. comes in 1-2 in the main (electric) !!!!!!!! you get to run GTP bodies in 200mm???????? what about the CamAm bodies???????
one other question for you. do you temp your tires after you race???? either foams or rubber. I do this at the bigger races. I use this as a tuning aid. just something to think about.
TimXLB,

I spent a few years tuning & building full scale stock cars known as Super Late models. One of the keys to tuning the car was tire temps. 3 temps taken across the face of each tire told a story. As did the total sum of each tires temp. You could easily see camber requirements, wedge, corner weight & bias issues. I have though about measuring temps on the RC cars, but have yet to get that far.

And yeah we run kind of an outlaw class in 200mm Nitro. No body rules, no motor rules other than it must be a .12 Seems to me that there was a .15 running with us tonight, I'll have to run that one by the owner!!! Of course on the other hand, that .15 was soundly beaten by a $90 .12 motor!!!!

Sorry Troy!

And after further review my Pal Troy robinson was NOT the first thru the 12 second barrier! I was looking closer at the qualifier sheet and I noticed that on lap 6 I ran a 12.9, that until now went un-noticed. Troy ran, what I thought was the first 12 second run (a 12.70) on lap 8. So my 12.90 was actually the first thru the 12 second zone! Another BMI first!

Last edited by NitroJohnnyD; 01-03-2004 at 11:09 PM.
NitroJohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 11:27 PM   #853
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking hey B.M.I runners

went to test out our new track here in CALI.. so far my car is really good and Im very pleased with the handling .. went from high bite ,set-up and ran the same set-up on what should of been medium bite track and only changed tires (compound) this car was hooked up and didnt change any settings on the car ..just thought id pass this along ,,, I hope everyone is having as much fun with this chassis as I am...(black , electric ) ... .Thanks Jason....
Old 01-04-2004, 12:34 AM   #854
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default new track in Ca

MB what track did you run at ??
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 08:27 AM   #855
Tech Adept

Hey guys
The BMI was just fantastic today, i qualified 3rd in the 19T A and grabbed 2nd place in both mains, enough to give me the win overall. My first A win Thanks BMI.
blueboy is offline   Reply With Quote