R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 09-10-2005, 08:57 AM   #8371
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

aww Jason your not going to completely re-design the car

If you dont still have my address to send out the motor mount PM me and I will hook ya up

If anyone does get any BMI vinyl cut let me know,I am trying to get some from Cuffs but I know hes behind and is getting ready for Vegas.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #8372
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Is BMI currently working on an chassis and top deck for the BD?

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:17 PM   #8373
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I don't think there is a need to redesign the car....

it's already a great design. It would be nice to get some sort of lower cg kit, some nessled camber standoffs and those cf shock towers. For the lower cg, all you would need would be four stand offs, milled Ae diff cases and a modded steering rack. I think there is a 2mm clearance on the new motor mount and nothing a file can't do to get the upper deck 2mm lower. That sucks you don't have the time for all this stuff, but I'm just glad your in the RC business. One thing though, the TF TC4 did not impress me. YOUR chassis is way better.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #8374
Super Moderator

Hey were you able to compare if the FT chassis is narrower than the BMI... I read somewhere that it was only a visual illusion because the top deck on the FT is wider but I have yet to have them side by side. If someone can email me the steps to do the LCG conversion I should have enough spare parts to do it.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #8375
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier

I would still LOVE to get some info in the (2) different chassis. In addition, are the BMI tc4 chassis available now or is there a backorder for them?

Thanks again.
www.fantomracing.com - www.discountrcstore.com
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #8376
Super Moderator

I believe they are available right now. Dont forget to ask about the trick motor mount/bearing support
Old 09-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #8377
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason, Do you have any BMI decals for the sides of the trailer???? Seems I have a 2foot blank spot.
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:05 PM   #8378
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCknight
it's already a great design. It would be nice to get some sort of lower cg kit, some nessled camber standoffs and those cf shock towers. For the lower cg, all you would need would be four stand offs, milled Ae diff cases and a modded steering rack. I think there is a 2mm clearance on the new motor mount and nothing a file can't do to get the upper deck 2mm lower. That sucks you don't have the time for all this stuff, but I'm just glad your in the RC business. One thing though, the TF TC4 did not impress me. YOUR chassis is way better.
personally i would like to try the rdx steering rack on the tc4 chassis.im not a big fan of the tall steering racks.the lcg yok has a nice one but i still like the rdx one.

i can make a real low cg tc4 but it would not be cost effective to cut all of the parts down.i can make the standoffs any size.its all the rework of the transmission housings and the motor mount that would cost too much for me to make in production.i would like to see the camber links stay the same height as they are if i decided to do it though.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 06:03 PM   #8379
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jason did you get my PM? Thanks Rob

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #8380
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea, the RDX rack would be cool Jason.

That way you could get the servo closer without cutting the ear off. Naaaa, no need to rework the diff cases, just mill down the case legs 2mm. No need to go any lower. That way all you would need are the 2mm lower stand offs, some milled cases and a steering rack. I'll have to check the clearnace on the motor mount, but it seems to me there is 2mm of room. That would be cool. I would love to try this mod. How about it J can you make it for me? What would it cost buddy? Yea, I agree, keep the camber links the same. On the new TF the camber links are much higher and you can't get much low roll center. AE must have only had carpet in mind. Jason did you see the mod low cg TC4 somewhere on this thread. I like that low steering rack. It was like a TC3 one though, but it was aluminum. I would work well for a low cg shaft car.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #8381
Tech Champion

Is BMI currently working on an chassis and top deck for the BD?

Old 09-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #8382
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Jason,

Have you recieved my PM??????
I need a reply.

Darren
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 10:55 PM   #8383
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Jason:

Hi,

Good call on the RDX steering rack. I've been playing with one all week. more than a few things on it I like........and only one I don't (really good for me). I think you know what I want............. and I may be to late. maybe after.
anyway I see JohnBull has a few People thinking about a LCG TC3/4. PLEASE think about how far you want to go as you can go to low. I have seen this happen on another conversion kit a friend is making. it works best on very low bite tracks but as bite comes up problems start cropping up.
I am not trying to slam anybody as with work the car is fast on carpet. but not everybody could drive it.

JohnBull runs mostly (if not always outdoors). milling the bulkheads was a very popular mod here indoors a few years back but since has died off.

JohnBull:

Hi,

If you have the time I would like to talk to you about your LCG mods. I would like to see how they compair to the ones we made a few years back and what surfacese you run on.

RCKnight:

please e mail me when you have a chance. I have a few things I would like to discuss with you.

JayBee:

Hi,

At this time I believe that B.M.I. does not have any plans of producing a Yokomo BD chassis Kit. I will keep you posted.

please e mail me at [email protected] so I can keep in contact with you about the BD chassis.

Fatbear:

Hi,

Sorry it's been so long....... hope racing is going well for you (and your kicking BUT!!!!).

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:02 PM   #8384
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Darren any more New Zealand titles to add to your impressive resume??? Lynn and Toni are tring to get ready for the roar nats in Oct. Toni is learning everything all over with a new BMI Mi2. Lynn is racing her old BMI TC3 and doing well. Hope to see you at the Snowbirds!!!!
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:22 AM   #8385
Tech Champion

JayBee:

Hi,

At this time I believe that B.M.I. does not have any plans of producing a Yokomo BD chassis Kit. I will keep you posted.

please e mail me at [email protected] so I can keep in contact with you about the BD chassis.

Thanks for getting back to me I'll keep in touch