R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2005, 02:06 AM   #8056
Tech Elite
 
RCknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,273
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TC4 bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbull
Jason. No replies on TC4 bits ?

No love

Last edited by RCknight; 08-11-2005 at 02:24 AM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:13 AM   #8057
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

im tryin guys.im gonna start getting it all ready very soon.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:11 AM   #8058
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
im tryin guys.im gonna start getting it all ready very soon.
Good to hear... a little birdy told me a few things you have up your sleeve.. look forward to seeing what you come out with for the TC-4

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #8059
Tech Elite
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default

Tim - I'll send you an email soon.
__________________
Xray and Serpent....very dusty!
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #8060
Regional Moderator
 
UnderDaHill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 975
Send a message via AIM to UnderDaHill
Default BMI Xray FK'05 conversion question...

Well.. I got the BMI chassis installed on Tuesday and raced with it on Wednesday night. I liked it a lot. However, I was a bit confused about the included shock towers. I had 57mm tires and couldn't get the ride height all the way down to 4mm (had the shock collars backed off all the way)

Am I doing something wrong? Will I be able to use these towers with larger tires? <- I don't true new tires down much for club racing. Can I raise the tower some how so I have more adjustmet room on the shock threads for larger tires?

Also... my gp3300's with cell shrink and no glue seemed like a REAL tight fit between the two battery strap posts. This made it a bit difficult to thread the screws into the posts to hold the strap down. The battery would push the posts out a tad and once you threaded one screw the second post would be a bit to far away so that the second hole in the strap didn't line up directly with the post. Any suggestions?
UnderDaHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:54 AM   #8061
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to goop
Default

i took my battery posts and dremmeled a half moon in them and the batteries slide in and out and 3700's do the same. also im using the stock shock towers on my bmi kit i think the shock towers that jason is sending with the kit might be from the 04 fit. hope this helps
__________________
Hurricane Motorsports
Team Trinity

TOP Racing - Gravity Rc - Contact tires - KO Propo - Competition Electronics
goop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:34 AM   #8062
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderDaHill
Well.. I got the BMI chassis installed on Tuesday and raced with it on Wednesday night. I liked it a lot. However, I was a bit confused about the included shock towers. I had 57mm tires and couldn't get the ride height all the way down to 4mm (had the shock collars backed off all the way)

Am I doing something wrong? Will I be able to use these towers with larger tires? <- I don't true new tires down much for club racing. Can I raise the tower some how so I have more adjustmet room on the shock threads for larger tires?

Also... my gp3300's with cell shrink and no glue seemed like a REAL tight fit between the two battery strap posts. This made it a bit difficult to thread the screws into the posts to hold the strap down. The battery would push the posts out a tad and once you threaded one screw the second post would be a bit to far away so that the second hole in the strap didn't line up directly with the post. Any suggestions?
Bob-
You have a X-Ray now??? You can use the Associated spring retainers to get your ride height lower. Call me if ya got some other
q's about it.... I did what Goop did for the batteries too- that helps alot- especially with 37 and 3800's.
BSYDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:34 AM   #8063
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Default

just installed my BMI Chassis... i LOVE IT! gave my Mi2 the perfect handling... its stiffer, lighter, gives more adjustments, and looks really cool! thanks to Jason... & Keira too
Attached Thumbnails
BMI Racing Discussions-dsc01612.jpg   BMI Racing Discussions-dsc01614.jpg  
__________________
www.xtremerchobbiesph.net
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #8064
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,154
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

who makes the air scoop.....or is it home made?........pretty cool(no pun intended )
__________________
1/8 Scale: Tekno EB-48.2... Tekin RX-8 GEN-2 W/2050kv... Airtronix M11-X Radio... HiTec HS-7954SH Servo...

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:51 AM   #8065
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

rbboy- out of curiosity, are those Yokomo springs?
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #8066
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Default

Jon: nope... those are Team Magic springs that i am just gonna try out the spring rate for the front springs(purple) is 1.3 and for the rear(yellowgreen) is 1.2

Joe B: the air scoop, or in-take duct rather is made by RJ Ride
__________________
www.xtremerchobbiesph.net
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #8067
Regional Moderator
 
UnderDaHill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 975
Send a message via AIM to UnderDaHill
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSYDOR
Bob-
You have a X-Ray now??? You can use the Associated spring retainers to get your ride height lower. Call me if ya got some other
q's about it.... I did what Goop did for the batteries too- that helps alot- especially with 37 and 3800's.
Yup... I've had the FK'05 for about 3 months. I got it shortly before I called you a few months back at the start of the summer. I take it the associated spring retainers are thinner... you referring to the top (threaded part) or the bottom part?

I'll do the half moon thing like Goop suggested. I'll be running 3700's this fall anyways...so I'll need the extra room.

Jason (ProTC3 <- hehe that name is dated )... you might want to roll that change into the fk'05 kits for the battery retainer posts. Sounds like a common change.
UnderDaHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:31 PM   #8068
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 582
Default

In reference to the spring retainer- It is the lower part of the shock,
closest to the a-arm, which is pushed on to the stock ball cup.
Use the associated spring retainers. They seem to be able to let the
spring set lower than the X-Ray one's since you are using taller tires.
Hope that helps.
BSYDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #8069
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSYDOR
In reference to the spring retainer- It is the lower part of the shock, closest
to the a-arm, which is pushed on to the stock ball cup. Use the associated
spring retainers. They seem to be able to let the spring set lower than the
X-Ray one's since you are using taller tires.
Hope that helps.
Or-you can get the sweet machined aluminum spring retainers from Team Tamale. Billy says "what??? YOu didnt leave them on my Xray when you returned it!!" HAHA!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 01:02 PM   #8070
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bath/Bristol Area, UK
Posts: 203
Default

Hey all,

Can any BMI TC4 drivers possibly drop me a PM or email with a setup sheet for the car on carpet. Preferably with rubber slick tyres (CS22 or similar) and 27T or 19T stock.

Got a club championship coming up and I want to get the car ready to go.

Thanks

Andy
Andy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler / climber discussions Frost Malaysian R/C Racers 40 02-09-2007 11:37 AM
EXTREME RC MODIFICATION - Findings and Discussions mop_iko Nitro On-Road 126 08-20-2004 03:12 PM
Discussions with UCHEATULOSE !! lmunno Florida Racing 5 04-12-2004 08:34 PM
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec helps and discussions Cmotif Chat Lounge 72 01-17-2002 07:19 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:56 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net