R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-27-2005, 09:28 PM   #6811
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,
i try to get the edges as smoothe as i can with my machines when machining each chassis kit.i also lightly bevel all the edges to take the elbow grease out of it on your end.just run some c/a on the edges and your ready to go buddy.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 09:31 PM   #6812
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to RoNTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to RoNTC3

Thanx for the info.

Also I notice some shimming is required for the steering arms. Any recomendations on what to use?
Old 03-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #6813
Tech Lord

i just used a set of aluminum spacers from my tc3 parts box.they are the ones from the axles that go behind the roll pin.they were a perfect fit.
J Concepts
Old 03-28-2005, 02:38 AM   #6814
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a xray 04 fk I am looking to buy a BMI chassis . I would like to know does it work as good on asphalt as it does on carpet or is the stock chassis the best one for asphalt and why.
ptjonesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:02 AM   #6815
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

The BMI 350 chassis is better by far than the stock chassis on asphalt and carpet! It will be much more reliable and wont tweak. You won't be disapointed if you choose the BMI

John
Old 03-28-2005, 06:25 AM   #6816
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My 2cents suggestion for BMI:
Website matters!

Your kit rocks! Your support on forum rocks! But not everyone has time (and interest) reading entire thread just for searching "is BMI TC4 availiable, what price" and "what is 350 stand for, for what car". An uniform system, in this case, website, to distribute product info to customer is way way better than "go to thread and findout yourself". I'm sure you will get even more orders if the website contains all the FAQ info (what, why, where, photo, price, etc...) for potential customer. Leave those FAQ out of thread and save your time to make more kits...

Note:
I'm not talking about my frustration. Just my 2cents.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:04 AM   #6817
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

your point are all correct. but the problem is that jason is moving soo fast and unless you have a full time web developer, the site would not have the changes. I mean Jason is already working on the fk05 chassis and the kit cam out the 18th.

What might be a little easier for Jason would be to edit the first post of this thread with all the chassis and pricing. that ways you just have to go to page one for all the answers.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:20 AM   #6818
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

If you need help with the website Jason, give me a shout. I'd be more than happy to help keep it up-to-date.

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:20 AM   #6819
Tech Regular

The bmi 350 chassis for the 04 xray is that the one were the left side battery are forward or is it just like the stock one were the batteries are move like 1/8" forward
ptjonesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 09:26 AM   #6820
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the stock bmi chassis is moved .180 forward and the 350 is moved .350 forward. These would be on both sides. there is a split chassis that has the left side move all the way forward.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:37 PM   #6821
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thank you Jason and Kiera for the speedy delivery of my 2 TC4 kits. I was able to put them together Friday night and race them on Saturday. I even got into the SHOW! Thanks again.

I did notice that the steering was moved forward compared to the stock location. Does this fix something the factory messed up? Also, are you considering making a thinner top or bottom plate for the car now that the outdoor season is upon us?

Thanks again,

Art
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:49 PM   #6822
Tech Regular

When will the chassis for the pro4 be out.or is it out
brad shearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:01 PM   #6823
Tech Lord

Art,
when i did the tc4 kit i was shooting for a kit that would be excelent on both carpet and on asphalt.i managed to get great performance on both without changing anything more than just set up.i tested a thinner top plate on the car to increase the flex a little bit but the car became inconsistant.with the 2.5mm chassis and top deck it has a very small amount of flex without having the chassis unload(return to natural position)half way through a turn.this seemed to be more consistant and kept the car from loading up in the corners.if you would like to try a thin top deck i would be more than happy to do one for you.it just didnt work for me.i did move the steering rack to put more ackerman in the steering and it allows you more adjustment if you would like to add more.this actually smoothes the steering going into the corner and makes it more agressive on midpoint and exit.it seemed to work better when adding in all of the other adjustments you can make on the car.im glad you like the car buddy.let me know if you need anything

as for my website,i know i am way behind on it .i will be updating the website shortly with all of the new releases and better descriptions of the current products.things happen so fast and i have a tendincy to forget about the important things.i guess im still just a big kid.i love my toys. i need to stop playing and take care of this.
J Concepts
Old 03-28-2005, 06:20 PM   #6824
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to tc3Guru Send a message via AIM to tc3Guru

Hey yo Jason make us something so our endbells aren't so exposed to damage on the fk05. do you think it will be a problem w/ that much of the endbell sticking out?
tc3Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:24 PM   #6825
Tech Lord

hmm,not sure.i wonder if the corally has any issues with it.they have a similar setup for the motor.i will see what i can come up with
J Concepts