Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default tc4 rack

the tc4 rack is a copy of tims nitro rack!i think if you check carefully you will find the rack does hit the bottom of the diff case under the pinion bearing at full steering throw.the nitro rack is stronger ,i have never broke one.hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default rack

ksj44,
do not mount the rack the standard way it has to be mount tims way for it to work properly.if you mount it without modifing it or buying the tc4 rack the ackerman get really screwed up and makes the car do very strange things.trust me on this.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well I got my TC4 chassis today. All I can say is wow. Looks great as usual with all BMI parts. I can't wait to get it on the track latter this week.
Well done Jason
Old 02-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post jason !!

Hope your feeling better ... put the bmi xray in the A main 19t . got the hole shot but got caught up with traffic and hung a brush .. I hate it when that happends ..hehe but the car ran very well to day .... even looking alittle battle brused from last season it still drives good , But a new look would be nice ... Get rid of the flew. or cold's and have a great time ..... no more vacation ...
Old 02-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 212 (100%+)

Jason.. ran the BMi2 chasis today for the first time (no practice days) and it was awesome. First time I qualified in the A main at a race other than a club race. VERY stable chassis. The car was predictable and easier to drive hard, than the stock chassis. Great work, and thanks for getting it out so quick. Another loyal customer..
Old 02-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi Jason:

I see youre upand around. Keira will getting more calls for chassis this week. Mini was FAST at the Mi State Champs. he had some problems and ended up 3rd in the A. then........like Cleveland a rear lower shock mount broke taking him out .....I sent him to a indoor Kart track to get over it....and he finshed 8th overall for the whole day.

Mopwr:

Hi,

yes they copied my modded rack. I still will use mine over the TC4 one. Mini can feel the differance on the track. I believe it has to do with the slip angle on each rack. some of the newr NTC3 racks will work without the mods on the bearing part of the case. some will sit lower than others for some reason.

Fatbear:

Hi,

Hows racing going???????? I agree with you about the TC4 chassis.the one I had was great. too bad I had to give it back.

MB Racer:

Hi,

sounds like your having fun.......except the hung brush. Mini has gone to 19t as it's alot more fun for him and he can get laps close to mad without abusing my wallet too much

Thanks
Old 02-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot buddy! My TC4 chassis arrived this morning and is quite frankly astounding! I can't wait to get it all built up tonight for its maiden voyage on tuesday night.

Thanks mate

Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

I like this pic

http://www.x-bb.org/~andy/uploads/bmi/bmi3.jpg

Quick question..... do the BMI chassis' require sealing around the edges with super glue like other CF chassis?

Thanks

Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Andy.....You'll find that some people do, and some don't......Jason's machining and carbonfiber quality is so good that it dosn't "need" it , but you may want the added security of not having to worry about the battery pack shorting out on the chassis...or having a wire conduct on the open edges.......Myself...I sealed one a while back, but never since...and have yet to have a problem of any kind
Old 02-28-2005, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Excellent, the lamenating looks a lot tighter than some stock CF chassis I've owned, I may give it a light sealing just ot be safe

Also, the camber links.... with the BMI do I need to get some nuts to attach to the other side of the ball stud?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tc3 nitro rack conversion

please list the conversion link timxlb
Old 02-28-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Ok couple more questions....

What are the included alloy hardware bits for? (not the spur mount) I can't seem to work it out

Also there are 2 holes on the top top deck near the middle, what are these for?

Andy
Old 02-28-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: tc3 nitro rack conversion

Originally posted by alan orton
please list the conversion link timxlb
Alan , Pics of the conversion here http://tpjexelby.tripod.com/NitroRackPics.htm

Bob
Old 02-28-2005, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TimXLB
Hi Jason:

I see youre upand around. Keira will getting more calls for chassis this week. Mini was FAST at the Mi State Champs. he had some problems and ended up 3rd in the A. then........like Cleveland a rear lower shock mount broke taking him out .....I sent him to a indoor Kart track to get over it....and he finshed 8th overall for the whole day.
Good deal. From what I hear, the car was running good all day.

As I told you when I called, the TC3 was doing really well yesterday at the RcScrewZ points series race. I was able to set TQ by 4 seconds and was the only one to get 22 laps all day. I took 2nd in the A, only 2 seconds down due to a slight bobble that let someone by at the end of the race. The track got really greasy for some reason though. I was able to run 13.0's to 13.4's saturday in practice and on sunday the best that I could do is a 13.4's to 13.8's... Kinda weird since there were only about 20 people running on the track.

I wish that I was able to make the State race at Larry's yesterday. It sounded like some tough competition was there. I will be at the Lansing race though. I can't wait for a TC4 kit to come my way now. I will be bugging you for a setup if it does.

Talk to ya soon,

Tim
Old 02-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thanks for all of your help, everyone. i was curious if there are any pictures of the tc4 bmi kit, and what kind of pricing.

Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.