R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 12-13-2003, 01:30 PM   #631
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the tc3 kit was not rushed into productuction.there were only 2 cases i heard of batteries coming out of the chassis.that is a common problem with carbon fiber chassis when they receive a good hit.this is common and i did everything that i could to stop this problem.unfortunately peoples skill levels vary.during testing on the chassis there was never a problem with the battery falling out.i found that if your battery is securely strapped in,it stays in.all of my products are 100% tested.the xray chassis kit will be of the same quality and rigidty as the other kits that i have.
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 01:37 PM   #632
Tech Adept

J Fast:

Hi,

I have been running a B.M.I. chassis since about a month before Cleveland. and have never broke a driveshaft or had my batteries fall out ever. I have both the 2mm (I use when I run rubber tires) and the 3mm top plate(for whenI run foams). we are still running it weekly without any of the problems you and JohnC have complained about :
the change was one that Tim and the guys from BMW/PSA came upon after they looked at the ackerman differances when using the stock steering knuckles to the Losi steering knuckles("C" hubs also)along with the nitro "swing rack" something most TC3 drivers have tried or are using. all they did was to find the correct place to mount the nitro steering rack. think of it as evolution on this chassis hopefully other enhancements will follow also.
as for B.M.I. rushing into the TC3 chassis without proper testing....I really don't see it from where I'm at....I have been more than pleased with mine. and I'm sure that I'm not alone on this point
I saw your B.M.I. chassis for sale on EBay...... maybe you should stick with a stock tub car. or wait for the TC4 you might be happier with one of those.
as for the Xray chassis I think we will see a better chassis along with a better top plate.

Keep it up Protc3!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Last edited by Fakk2; 12-13-2003 at 02:35 PM.
Fakk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 01:51 PM   #633

the bmi chassis that i received had the battery slots beveled and yes if no one hit you or you didnt hit anything it was fine but in racing that dosent always happen those bevels acted like a ramp and wasnt to hard to nock out of the slots when filed off the bevels the problem was gone im not trying to nock your product i think your stuff is awsome but the beveled battery slot was not a good idea im sure you tested your product but in a real race situation this is what happend to me it was an easy fix but i just felt after spending 129 then having to file out the slots and then hearing their was a better top deck for more money then a fix for the ntc3 swing rack it gets a little expensive to have to keep upgrading it to get it to what it should have been standard i think that your final one 3mm topdeck fixed ackerman no bevels on battery slot is the perfect complete chassis hope you understand my opinion thanks jesse
J FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:00 PM   #634

hey fakk2 maybe the problem was i should of just came and ran over at your club bunch of hacks at mine LOL do you run at the hub id like to come over and run with ya maybe i can keep some spare part in my box LOL jesse
Old 12-13-2003, 02:04 PM   #635
Tech Adept

Deleted by the author

Last edited by jcrouse; 12-13-2003 at 02:34 PM.
jcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:34 PM   #636
Tech Adept

J Fast:

I have the same chassis as you did. We have never had any problems. with it so far. as for racing at the Hub.go for it. I am not part of B.M.I. I am just a costomer who is very happy with B.M.I.'s products....... all of them. I never had a problem with the NTC3 chassis. I sold all my gas stuff to go Kart racing in the summer as I only have Sundays off work. and this is what my son wanted to do instead of 1/8th on road/offroad.
as for sanding the chassis most other aftermarket graphite chassis needs sanding and filing prep. most cost more also. I have had the IRS and the extreme TC3 chassis that i have built for other people and they needed alot more prep the my B.M.I. chassis did.
as for the nitro rack mod I'm sure you could have sent your chassis back and had it upgraded to the new mounting holes.
or spend the time like Tim did to get it right and drill your own holes. he only went through 7 chassis before the guys helped him to get it right.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:26 PM   #637
Tech Lord

jesse,
i am not going to get into a pissing match with you.i race at a track that has plenty of hacks.i took alot of good hits and nothing happened with the batteries.if you used body pins to hold your battery down i can maybe see this happening.as for sanding the chassis.i took 90% of the work out of it for you,no other carbon chassis comes like that.if you dont like what you got for 119.99 then go spend over 200.00 on something that you really wont like.i have done everything in my power to help you with your issues with the chassis including making you a special one free of charge.if i cant please you then please,feel free to buy some of the other stuff out there so you see what they do to satisfy you.nothing is going to be bullet proof.i did everything except drive the car for you.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:43 PM   #638
Tech Adept

Protc3:

YGM!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2003, 04:31 PM   #639

hey guys i dont know why your attacking me i in no way was talking bad about your product if you look in every one of my post i stated that your products were awsome i have a xray now and my first post i was asking what changes were you going to do and put some that i would like to see. the only answer i got was u thought i was attacking your product. the sanding part i i dont know where you got that. i was saying that on my first chassis the battery slots were beveled on the + and - side and i think thats why i was having problems it could be number of reasons geting hit maybe i didnt put the battery hold down on correctly
im sorry you felt i was attacking you i was stating some problems i had maybe i didnt word it correctly. obviously i like your products because im intrested in the xray chassis your going to have thats why i was asking about the changes i would like to order one when you have it available so maybe you can let me know about the changes you might be doing thanks jesse
Old 12-13-2003, 04:54 PM   #640
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Old 12-13-2003, 05:06 PM   #641
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default J FAST !!

Quote:
Originally posted by J FAST
hey guys i dont know why your attacking me i in no way was talking bad about your product if you look in every one of my post i stated that your products were awsome i have a xray now and my first post i was asking what changes were you going to do and put some that i would like to see. the only answer i got was u thought i was attacking your product. the sanding part i i dont know where you got that. i was saying that on my first chassis the battery slots were beveled on the + and - side and i think thats why i was having problems it could be number of reasons geting hit maybe i didnt put the battery hold down on correctly
im sorry you felt i was attacking you i was stating some problems i had maybe i didnt word it correctly. obviously i like your products because im intrested in the xray chassis your going to have thats why i was asking about the changes i would like to order one when you have it available so maybe you can let me know about the changes you might be doing thanks jesse
hey bro after reading your post ,sounds like you run pretty hard .. but things do happen at the track during racing.. so if your pushing you car beond its limits then please take that under consideration and not look for a way out by pointing fingers.,, I think if you do run fast and are a good driver your problems will go away,. And one more thing if theres ways to improve a product then thats whats being adressed,. not a rush to judgement,, Every car out there is being modifyed to some extent and the performance level has risen.. so take care of the things that happen and good luck racing ...just my 2cents ........
Old 12-13-2003, 08:03 PM   #642
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Well first day at the track with the BMI TC3...Awsome work Jason!! I think I sold 3 chassis kits today alone!! The car is super stiff and tweak free!! Chassis balance is great and torque steer is minimal at most!! TQ'd 19 turn by 2 laps (Jody Womak had a bad day!!) and won the A. Car was pretty good for the first time out. People were amazed at how stiff the car was for a two deck kit.

Hey Jason was the chassis you sent me the one with the newer position for the NTc3 steering rack? I have one but didnt run it today. What does the NTC3 rack do over the stock one?

Keep up the good work!!

eric a
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 05:36 AM   #643
Tech Lord

jesse,
i apologize for jumping on you.i guess i took it the wrong way.i was kinda insulted about your remark about the car not being engineered correctly because i only had 2 occurences of this happening out of hundreds.that is a pretty good ratio if you ask me.however i did send you a new chassis to compensate for the troubles you were having with only the front and rear of the cell pockets being beveled.the purpose of beveling the edge is so you dont cut the plastic shrink off your cells.everything that was done on the chassis was done for a reason.maybe it didnt work out 100% for you,but i tried my best to satisfy you.im sorry that my chassis kit didnt work out for you.maybe the xray one will.i will release more info on the xray chassis when i finish my design.i will keep you posted as i did with this chassis and post prototype pics and approximate date of release.thanks again

jason
Old 12-14-2003, 05:38 AM   #644
Tech Lord

ea,
nice going.thanks for posting and keep up the good work.post some of your setups for us.also are you running carpet or pavement?
Old 12-14-2003, 09:03 AM   #645
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default NitroJohnnyD

Thanks! Will be looking forward to your report on how it goes!!
Lem
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote