Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by StewartFan20
I have taken the pinion off and the drive train is real free. I can accerate in a straight line. Under breaking is where I see the biggest difference. It will be loose on left turns and tight on right. The tires were brand new. I rebuilt my shocks in the last two weeks and was very careful to make sure they were the same length.

I am pretty sure it is the chassis because I can put one wheel on a scale and the other three on blocks and the left front is heavier the the right frount and the right rear is heavier that the left rear. I can undo the top deck and the weight is balanced from left to right.

Does any one know what the cost is for the BMI chassis? The website does not show the cost.
I was referring to the binding issues with the movement of your suspension. Check if all arms move freely, shocks move freely, and none of your hingepins are bent. Put your car on a setup board and check your settings.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lazy,

Yes I have had it on scales and found the left front and right rear are the heaviest. I corrected mine by removing the top plate and carefuly tightening it back down. I don't have a fancy Hudy setup system, but I do have camber, droop and ride hight guages. I am canstantly checking to make sure the setup hasn' t chaned. Of coarse, I am new to this and may have missed something. But advice and ideas are much appriciated.

Neil,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just went through and cleaned and regreased all the suspension. Nothing seem out of the ordanary. I need to take the top deck off againg (broke a bevel gear Sunday ) I will look closer at the suspension. Thanks for the help.

Jason,

Thanks for the info. I am sure I will be ordering one sometime this summer.

Thanks again everyone.....
Old 07-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

well i hate to say it but i have my buddy set my cars up lol i guess you could call him a "pit bitch" lol. i mean ill set them up from time to time but there never as good as if my buddy does it....

lazy
Old 07-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Preston, does steve ever show you how to set your car up? If he won't, I will
Old 07-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

yes he did to a point. the only thing that i sruggle on is balanceing the car on scales and know what changes does what to the car, but i choose not to do it, so know the basics works for me lol

lazy(yes i am)
Old 07-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

FYI, Preston, a tweak station like the Integy or MIP works just as well, much easier to setup/use...and is often more accurate.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

this may sound bad but when i was racing nitro with the stock tc3 chassis,if the chassis tweaked,i would compensate for the tweak with the droop screws.if you set your droop to a tweaked chassis,1 tire will always lift at a different point than the other.what i did was put the car on a set up board or glass table,make sure that all shocks are equal length.then i set my ride height.after that i put it on a tweak station(bubble level style) and get the car balanced on it.then i put the car back on the board and compress the suspension a few times.then i take a thin screwdriver and slide it under the front of the car dead center also.then i lift the front of the car and make sure both tires leave the ground at the same time.i would repeat this in the rear.if they lift at different times i would adjust the droop screws,a little each side to make them leave the ground at the same time.this worked very well to get the car planted with a bent nitro chassis.hope this helps.

jason
Old 07-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Jason, YGPM.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new BMI mangled and contorted car set-up sheets and tuning guide.....coming to hobby shops everywhere
Old 07-12-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

LMAO
Old 07-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How could a swivel point on one part of a car be more accurate than grams? It isn't. My cars are never tweaked unless of a bent pin or some actual breakage
Old 07-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Because those scales aren't the most accurate on the market steve. They're probably best weighing groceries. And btw, a bubble level is extremely accurate unless of course you're blind
Old 07-13-2004, 03:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah joe,take notes if you wanna win this weekend
coulda woulda shoulda but didnt!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for all the help Jason. Looking forward to the new chassis.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Tim

Can you please checkout your website with the steering mods. Two of the pictures dont load when I call up the page.

Other than that, the site has proven to be very helpful

Thanks pal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.