R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 05-06-2004, 07:57 AM   #3091
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by N4S
Got to add my 2 cents........ The gentlemen that orderd the chassis .... i can understand that you may be real excited to get your kit , but just look on the bright side. these are not mass produced pieces of crap . every single piece of carbon fiber that comes out of BMI has passed personally through jasons hands . These things dont just get spit out of a milling machine and shipped. He inspects and wipes the edges of each and every piece . Just rest assured the product that arrives at your door will be worth the wait and every dime you spent. I hate to wait too , but when i want the best its worth it in the end.
I'm sure they are excellent, which is why I don't mind giving them my money. I didn't want to sound like I was an impatient jerk or anything like that. I don't mind waiting for my bits at all, as I'd rather he take his time and do it right then rush and mess something up.

I wasn't asking what I asked to make them seem like they needed to hurry, or that I needed special treatment or anything. I just want to make sure that they have all the information they need from me....after that last post about them losing some order information on someone else.

No worries, and I'm sure I'll love his products. I've heard nothing but rave reviews from those who already have his stuff!!!

cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:27 AM   #3092
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

BMI Pro4 TQ and won last nights race at the Gate. Ran 13.3 lap times which is as fast as anyone has run in stock touring on this layout. And the driver who is notorious for being the fastest single lap driver and crashing HARD was more consistent than ever!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:51 AM   #3093
N4S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It may take some time but its worth it. For a one man show he does a job that is by far first class .
N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:41 AM   #3094
Tech Master

Yea...N4S....Jays setup is first class all the way.....mabe if people understood that BMI's company workload is 99.9% (NON) R/C related they'd be more patient.....Im just happy most of his work is done elsewhere because there's no way in the world...profits from the R/C industry would ever pay for even one of those $160,000 CNC machines during the course of a lifetime....the point is.....were all just plain lucky that someone in his field has the interest in the hobby that he does......trust me....if the time that he spends on the chassis kits was spent elsewhere on other available projects the money gained wouldn't even be comparable.......dont get any ideas Jay

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:06 AM   #3095
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe B
Yea...N4S....Jays setup is first class all the way.....mabe if people understood that BMI's company workload is 99.9% (NON) R/C related they'd be more patient.....Im just happy most of his work is done elsewhere because there's no way in the world...profits from the R/C industry would ever pay for even one of those $160,000 CNC machines during the course of a lifetime....the point is.....were all just plain lucky that someone in his field has the interest in the hobby that he does......trust me....if the time that he spends on the chassis kits was spent elsewhere on other available projects the money gained wouldn't even be comparable.......dont get any ideas Jay
YEp, Spoke With Jason Yesterday Real cool guy, But has a ton of work before my chassis can be shipped. I told him Don't worry about it, When it gets here it gets here. Just be patient
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:27 AM   #3096
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi,

to the person(s) waiting for their perspective chassis. Please understand that Jason runs a machine shop. where customers orders can range from 1 part to a total run (s) from 100 to 10,000 for many different customers. with only one person to do all the programing on all the CNC machines Jason is really busy. everyday he trys to fit in the chassis in between changeovers to try to fill everyones orders. all this takes time along with ordering Graphite from his supplier and waitng for it to show up
(sometimes over 2 weeks) all the while he is getting orders from people everyday.
as with most small machine shop most customers thing that they are your only customer and want everything yesterday. ( I know I've been there).
Then there's the design, setup, testing of any new chassis design
to see if it is up to Jason's standards then if he feels it ready he will release a few for testing. and makes changes if they are needed and finally relased to the R/C market.
so it takes a little longer to get the best aftermarket chassis for your touring car........but they are worth the wait.

Thanks
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:36 AM   #3097
Tech Champion

Hey -wheres my TWO chassis I just bought!!!

Jason-you know I am kidding!!! The most killer Xray and eTc3 soon to be on my doorstep!! I only wish I remembered to bring my parts and tools to work so I could build them.

I think I ordered my eTC3 in Titanium color-which if you all havent seen that color-wow!! Its so sweet!!

Ray
Old 05-07-2004, 09:31 AM   #3098
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Jason is the man. He is always wants to put out only the best products. He don't stand for any inferior work and by seeing his products you know why.

I know from talking to Jason it started out for fun and has turned into another fulltime business. He thought he would make a few and then it would slow down. I don't think he ever thought it would turn into what it has. Glad it did because we as customers and BMI team racers get nothing but the best product available.

Brian
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #3099
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by TimXLB
Hi,

to the person(s) waiting for their perspective chassis. Please understand that Jason runs a machine shop. where customers orders can range from 1 part to a total run (s) from 100 to 10,000 for many different customers. with only one person to do all the programing on all the CNC machines Jason is really busy. everyday he trys to fit in the chassis in between changeovers to try to fill everyones orders. all this takes time along with ordering Graphite from his supplier and waitng for it to show up
(sometimes over 2 weeks) all the while he is getting orders from people everyday.
as with most small machine shop most customers thing that they are your only customer and want everything yesterday. ( I know I've been there).
Then there's the design, setup, testing of any new chassis design
to see if it is up to Jason's standards then if he feels it ready he will release a few for testing. and makes changes if they are needed and finally relased to the R/C market.
so it takes a little longer to get the best aftermarket chassis for your touring car........but they are worth the wait.

Thanks
boy, I must not be explaining myself clearly enough. I...do....not...care...how...long....it....takes. The only reason I posted the timeframe question was because someone else had posted that BMI had lost some of his information.

I was only wondering if my card had not been charged yet because they had lost MY information as well, because I was told I would be charged on MONDAY, but monday came and went without a charge from BMI. I only wanted to know if I should call them again just to make sure they had all my information correct!!

-I understand he is busy.
-I understand he has a real business which supercedes his chassis making.
-I understand his stuff is popular and he has a long waiting list
-I understand he'll get to it when he gets to it
Old 05-07-2004, 10:02 AM   #3100
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by cartmen34
boy, I must not be explaining myself clearly enough. I...do....not...care...how...long....it....takes. The only reason I posted the timeframe question was because someone else had posted that BMI had lost some of his information.

I was only wondering if my card had not been charged yet because they had lost MY information as well, because I was told I would be charged on MONDAY, but monday came and went without a charge from BMI. I only wanted to know if I should call them again just to make sure they had all my information correct!!

-I understand he is busy.
-I understand he has a real business which supercedes his chassis making.
-I understand his stuff is popular and he has a long waiting list
-I understand he'll get to it when he gets to it
cartmen-I know how cool you are and i think this is more people showing support for BMI then against you personally.

Ray
Old 05-07-2004, 10:09 AM   #3101
Tech Fanatic

Thanks ray. You're probably right. I suppose they were answering my question, just not in a direct way. Everybody says their stuff is great, and I've NEVER heard anybody complain about them.

I just wanted to make sure that everybody understood that I wasn't complaining about them at all, just had a simple timeframe question, that's all.

Thanks guys for all your help. seriously. thank you!
Old 05-07-2004, 10:19 AM   #3102
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

cartman34 I don't think these guys are trying to bust your chops at all. Really just trying to help Jason out some by going over this stuff so he don't have to use his time up on the computer and slowing his chassis making up.

We want him to stay at work!!!!!!! No vacation for Jason!!!!!
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:23 AM   #3103
Tech Regular

Jay got your post through the mail but only 2 were in it the other two `fell out of the letter while in transit as there was a tear in the side of the letter when i got it grrrrr it seems i have all the luck thanks for the speedy service though
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:34 AM   #3104
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
cartman34 I don't think these guys are trying to bust your chops at all. Really just trying to help Jason out some by going over this stuff so he don't have to use his time up on the computer and slowing his chassis making up.

We want him to stay at work!!!!!!! No vacation for Jason!!!!!
Yeah, I just didn't want the owner of BMI to eventually read all this and think I'm some huge a#$*ole who thinks he's the only person waiting for his chassis bits from him.

Trust me, I'm employed full time and go to night school 4 nights a week...I understand busy!!
Old 05-07-2004, 11:00 AM   #3105
Tech Champion

Default Sweet pics!!

Okay-you guys-this pictures is HOT!!! Everyone knows how Jasons rep is on quality-so heres a pic to prove it once and for all. Look at the 3d cutouts and check out the edges of the chassis!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xray3d2.jpg (21.4 KB, 183 views)