R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-07-2003, 04:28 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

stock tub chassis gets warped from heat of the batteries and motor,yes the tub is fine ,but carbon fiber will not be warped due to heat.this chassis is very adjustable.the more material you remove from the stock tub,the better the chance for warping.the upper brace has very little effect on cg.batteries,motor and electronics have most effect and the motor and batteries run flush with the bottom of the chassis.if the car is designed right you should be bracing the whole car,not just the bulkheads.my brace is one piece and mounts bulkheads to chassis.what i went after with this chassis is to get the best features from all the latest touring cars and put them in the tc3
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:33 PM   #17
Tech Lord

yes it is very stiff.the motor on the reverse side throws weight to the outside of the car when accelerating or exiting corners.that is why yokomo changed sides when they went to shaft drive.again,i am not comparing this to a demon,this is a chassis that i would like to sell,i am not in warpspeeds thread saying anything bad about his chassis,why do you knock mine.when you see the car complete you will see there is nothing like it
Old 10-07-2003, 04:41 PM   #18
Tech Lord

and also ,bulky does not mean better .you can accomplish extreme strength with structure.if you guys will give me about a week you will see what i mean
Old 10-07-2003, 04:44 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

"i am defeating all of the problems with the car"

I am sorry, I think I took that to mean towards the Demon and Demon 2. If you meant towards the TC3, then good luck to you
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 05:30 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Will there be holes to except the NTC3 steering?
Old 10-07-2003, 05:46 PM   #21

PROTC3:

Great work, that prototype is looking good already. Can't wait to see the final product. I don't know you do this to your chassis or not. Do you ever thinking about milling away some carbon fibre under gear boxes, motor mount, and servo to the main chassis. For significant lower centre of gravity?

BTW, do you have website, so we can check it out?
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 06:07 PM   #22
Tech Lord

yes it fits both steerin racks and i removed material from under both transmissions.i will post some pics of the under side in a few minutes.thanks for the compliments
Old 10-07-2003, 06:12 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post protc3

i think it looks great ! theres always people out there that think some thing new will not will not work till they see it ., but youve tested it and with good outcome . i welcome the new addition and although i currently run losi . its real nice to see others out there who see improvement in things .. great job.. cant wait to see it run....take care.. at that price i could see giving it a try..
Old 10-07-2003, 07:13 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

I ran the NTC3 for a summer-did great with it, but that car had serious issues. I wrenched on that car after every heat, and if didnt-it was a different car every heat. If I ever ran a NTC3 again-I would definately try your chassis. It has very sound ideas.

Best of luck on your Tc3 conversion. I say-the more conversions and hop-ups-the better.

Almost everyone is bored with the standard Tc3 by now. In fact that car was ugly when it was released!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:27 PM   #25
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Here's a thought: having 7 cell slots on the chassis is nice, but you'll find that everybody will run the cells forward, or at least they likely will. Instead of having the 7 slots, see about designing an adjustable battery tray that could be used to make slight adjustments forward/rear. Moving everything up by one cell is just too drastic of a change and will really upset the car's handling.

The new Schumacher MI2 has such a system and it looks good.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:05 PM   #26
Tech Lord

thanks for the support guys.and futureal,thats a good idea,i will look into that.
when i designed this kit i made the car underweight so you can add weight to be legal and put it where you want it.setting an adjustable battery plate sounds good,let me see if it will upset the rigidity of the kit.thanks for your input
Old 10-07-2003, 08:14 PM   #27
Tech Lord

this is a pic of what the upper deck will look like.this one is made out of fiberglass because i had a piece in stock.let me know what you think

Last edited by protc3; 10-07-2003 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:24 PM   #28
Tech Lord

sorry,here ya go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tc3e pic1.jpg (140.5 KB, 2661 views)
Old 10-07-2003, 08:45 PM   #29

Can the chassis still use original style front and rear braces? That upper deck really not look good.
Aku-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 09:00 PM   #30
Tech Lord

yes you can use standard braces,just give it a chance,wait until you see it in full carbon fiber or in blue.it really looks good.it is a very functional brace,it withstands extreme twist and compression.if you guys have any ideas of better looking ones let me know.a thin one that only mounts to the trannys doesnt re enforce the chassis enough.the housings are too weak.majority of the flex on any of these chassis in the front and rear under the transmissions.it also mounts in the center of the chassis to eliminate flex over full length of the brace.