Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, this may be a stupid questions, but I just got a BMI battery brace and when I set it on the posts there is a pretty big gap between it and the batteries ... how is it supposed to work? I thought it would be pretty flush with the top of the batts and I would just tighten it down.

Do I need to put some foam tape on the bottom of the brace to bring it in contact with the cells? Is that what everybody else does?

When I use the stock plastic AE brace I have problems with my batts popping out sometimes - no matter how hard I tighten down the ends, the middle will flex and I can poke the battery right out. I had thought the stiffer graphite brace would help.

Thanks.

Oh, and I'd love it if more people would post their carpet setups...
Old 04-01-2004, 10:38 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Just add some foam to the bottom of the brace. I have two long strips of servo tape but I will be using the HPI stickon bumper strips to take up the space instead.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Burbs: send another email or PM here. He gets alot of mail and pms and you might have gotten lost in the shuffle.

zgeist: Walmart sells foam sheets with sticky on one side in thier crafts section. Its made by a company called Darice and the stuff is called foamies. it comes in alot of colores also. The foam being there helps protect the batteries.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any hardware store also will carry weather stripping with sticky back. Beware of the cheaper foams (they will be white) they will break down and leave you with a sticky mess that won't hold your batts in.

Good luck,

Kevin
Old 04-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking zgeist !!

Originally posted by zgeist
Hey guys, this may be a stupid questions, but I just got a BMI battery brace and when I set it on the posts there is a pretty big gap between it and the batteries ... how is it supposed to work? I thought it would be pretty flush with the top of the batts and I would just tighten it down.

Do I need to put some foam tape on the bottom of the brace to bring it in contact with the cells? Is that what everybody else does?

When I use the stock plastic AE brace I have problems with my batts popping out sometimes - no matter how hard I tighten down the ends, the middle will flex and I can poke the battery right out. I had thought the stiffer graphite brace would help.

Thanks.

Oh, and I'd love it if more people would post their carpet setups...
YGPM !!!
Old 04-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,if any of you sent me emails with no return,let me know because i sometimes have problems with my webmail where my replies to your emails get sent back to me.
also,i forgot to announce two of my new drivers on here last time i posted.Eli Ezrow and Junior Norton are the 2 new rockets on Team BMI.welcome to the team fellas.
its nice to have such a nice group of guys on my team.not to mention,FAST AS HELL
thanks guys,
jason
Old 04-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

its Amazing how BMI has Grown over the Passed Months!
Old 04-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

As we like to say up here in farmer land. The cream alwayse rises to the top.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Jason Is doing a hell of a job. Busy busy busy Man
Old 04-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by protc3
hey guys,if any of you sent me emails with no return,let me know because i sometimes have problems with my webmail where my replies to your emails get sent back to me.
also,i forgot to announce two of my new drivers on here last time i posted.Eli Ezrow and Junior Norton are the 2 new rockets on Team BMI.welcome to the team fellas.
its nice to have such a nice group of guys on my team.not to mention,FAST AS HELL
thanks guys,
jason
YOu got that right-Eli and Junior-two FAST guys from OHIO!!! Not to mention my peers. Eli has taught me some things I use every time I race. Junior is a class act!!! And he knows when to pour it on too. he may be the master of the rocket round!!! I'm comin after both of them at next years Champs in Masters Sedan!!!

Ray
Old 04-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

thanks buddy,i try my best.hopefully one day i will have a kit for all the top cars out there.maybe even my own complete car kit.
the sky is the limit.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey Jason any idea on that rear brace for the TC3 we talked about? Your pretty busy with all these new cars coming out so no big deal if you didn't come up with any ideas.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

damn dude,i forgot.give me a buzz tommorow and we can go over it.sorry bro.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Tech Lord

hey guys,do any of you have an esc that you would like to sell?i am trying to help my buddy get into tc racing and he is on a limited budget.thanks guys
Old 04-01-2004, 04:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by protc3
damn dude,i forgot.give me a buzz tommorow and we can go over it.sorry bro.
Never a problem. Will do. You have alot on your plate right now with all the new cool BMI stuff coming out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.