Like Tree1Likes

BMI Racing Discussions

Old 03-14-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I ran them both... I sold my BMI to the young guy RC Anonymous is talking about. After a lot of back to back testing I found no advantage to the BMI, other than it looks a lot nicer. But I only tested it with foam... it may have advantages with rubber tires.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi ottoman he really likes it...he took 4th in the A his first time out
Old 03-14-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Glad he likes it... I gave him a great deal
Dont take me wrong fellows.. its a quality piece. I just never saw any improvements in lap times with foams on high traction tracks.. but someone else might
Old 03-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by brokomo ho
Hey SpeediePHATT I just took a look at your website and saw your stats for your racing how come there isnt any first place wins in there besides B and C mains? im from oshkosh and dont normally travel far to race is road rage a bigger track then here? u seem to know everything about r/c are you sponsored by associated or bmi or anyone? maybe you could help me with my TC3 if i came up there to race? who are the other fast drivers from there maybe i know them .did u ever go to any larger races? i plan on going to some next year.I have been to some of the big races but just to watch.
Cut a rookie some slack. I dont think I have had a car that could win before I got my BMI 2 weeks ago. I am proud of what I have done in the short time I have been racing.

Road Rage is a big track check out thier website they expanded it this year to make it even bigger than what it was. Its size and shape make for alot of different track setups.

BMI is my first and only sponsor. I want to thank Jason alot for all the help and support he offers. I am planning for great things in the future.

I would be happy to help ya out anytime you need just ask. I have a good handle on the TC3 as far as setups are concerned. I make sure I do my homework and show up at the track prepared to race and not changing the car the entire time. I learned alot of it here but alot of my full scale experience rolls over into RC. I raced dirt late models for 10 years before getting Back into RC I raced 12th scale back in the 80's when thats all there was to run on the rug. I have alot of information I could send to you if we can work out a way so send some large filesover the web.

Geoff Cayemberg you know, then there is Mike Geraths,Kevin Burmeister,Don Sallenbach,Jason Burke,Tom Knuth and Clete Dart are alwayse fast as well. Jason Toebe has been tearing it up in 12th scale and will be a force to recon with if Schumacher ever gets him a MI2.

I havent been able to attend any large races, yet. There are alot of road trips planned for this summer tho with the BMI NTC3.

Lots of questions I hope I answered them all.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Speedi, dont forget to mention Brian Lutz... he has to be the fastest guy at Road Rage
Old 03-14-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

i'd definately agree with that one along with Mr. Stampfel( i think i spelled it right)
Old 03-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Brian and Nick are in a league of thier own. I was just listing the guys who show up on a regular basis. When Nick and Brian show up everyone else just settle for racing for 3rd. I am looking forward to racing with you guys this summer and absorbing some of that go fast knowledge.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I raced my Xray agua BMI chassis and upper deck (3mm both)yesterday for the first time with foam tires on carpet and the chassis/car performed perfectly. Very strong, very fast cornering speeds and excelent performance. I'm very happy with this chassis. Thanks BMI Next test, outdoor asphalt next month.

John
Old 03-15-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Just wondering if some of the racers could post there asphalt setups so that I can add them to my files
Old 03-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Talking set-up .. asphalt..

Originally posted by jayhendo
Just wondering if some of the racers could post there asphalt setups so that I can add them to my files
you can try mine ..

oneway
front) rear shock tower
shocks outer hole
blue spring
45 wht oil
inner hole on the arms..
caster blocks 4 degree

rear) shocks mounted
outter whole
silver springs
45 wht oil

camber ) upper inner hole shock tower front and rear
upper outer on hubs

ride height) 5mm front 51/2 in rear

front block f-0
rear block 3-2

batts foward...

tires sorex 36 hpi green inserts .. or red inserts....

give this a try..

Last edited by mb racer; 03-15-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I bought a BMI TC3 chassis off a friend who (unfortunately) has to leave the hobby for a while. I have to say that I am impressed with the performance. It felt great on the carpet and my lap times (relative to some fast guys) improved dramatically compared to a milled out stock chassis.

Look out John R.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

just wanted to let everyone know that i will be releasing pics to all of you of the new prototype kit i am working on this week.i want all of you to approve before i go public.i will keep you posted.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Woo Hoo, More new BMI go fast gear. Someday it wont be what car you want to drive but wich BMI chassis is your favorite. And I wont even ask for a hint I know youll make us all sweat it out. I hate waiting.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Lord

Old 03-16-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

speedie-All I can say is practice , practice, practice , and practice. I'll try and give you some pointers this week. You have come along way from the first time I saw you run. Just got to get you guys to run foam now. When do we fire up the nitro cars?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.