R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Like Tree8Likes

Old 08-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #76
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Tested the X 10 this week on NorCal asphalt with an IIC legal setup. Car is much easier to drive with spec tires all around.

Weighed the car with 57/58 spec tires and it was all the way up to 970 grams. Was previously weighing the car with smaller pink foams; so, I was surprised by the unexpected weight gain.

We are rebuilding the NorCal carpet track this week; so, I should be back on carpet in about a week.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Tested the X 10 this week on NorCal asphalt with an IIC legal setup. Car is much easier to drive with spec tires all around.

Weighed the car with 57/58 spec tires and it was all the way up to 970 grams. Was previously weighing the car with smaller pink foams; so, I was surprised by the unexpected weight gain.

We are rebuilding the NorCal carpet track this week; so, I should be back on carpet in about a week.

Bill
Wow. I'm at 912g without my foam bumper. I'm running slightly smaller tires but I think I might double check my numbers.

Anybody else check their cars against the iic weight rules?

michael.

Village Idiot Racing - Now accepting driver applications.
mikel33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #78
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
Wow. I'm at 912g without my foam bumper. I'm running slightly smaller tires but I think I might double check my numbers.

Anybody else check their cars against the iic weight rules?

michael.
Hi Michael,

Forgot to say that I still have a cutdown version of the Manutech kydex bumper AND the foam bumper up front. Considering the slower speeds with 1S, I can probably cutback on those items some more.

All screws are already Lunsford titaniums; but, they are probably comparable in weight to the stock red aluminum ones.

Bill

Old 06-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #79
Pfm
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
I was in the same boat...None of my 1/10 servos (even low profile) fit into my Gen X-10. Got the JR 9650 micro servo which easily fits AND CENTERS IN THE X-10 CHASSIS (something that the other micros don't seem to do very well).

I use a Kimbrough mid-sized servo saver and connect the steering linkage to the inner holes on it. I definitely wanted the stiffer spring of the mid-sized unit.

Bill
Hello,
I'm planning to build my first CrC Gen10 LE, is the servo S9650 the same as what FUTABA S9650 mini digital servo? ....I just want to confirm if Futaba S9650 would fit good on a 1/10 LE pan car.

Thanks to response.

Erick
Pfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #80
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfm View Post
Hello,
I'm planning to build my first CrC Gen10 LE, is the servo S9650 the same as what FUTABA S9650 mini digital servo? ....I just want to confirm if Futaba S9650 would fit good on a 1/10 LE pan car.

Thanks to response.

Erick
Sorry Erick. I meant to indicate a JR 3650 servo in that post.

I have two of them in my WGT SE cars and must say that they center perfectly after years of use and plenty of shunts...One actually came out of my original Gen-X 10 Pro chassis and is 5-1/2 years old at this point...LOL

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 06-07-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #81
Pfm
Tech Initiate

Tnx Bill for your prompt reply.....one final question,

I saw this small red square electronic device placed in the front bumper....does this serve as BEC for the standards ESC?....There are 2 photos you attached in the picture thumbnail (page 5 of this thread) that I cannot make-out. Sorry to ask, I find your set-up very cool......

cheers!

Last edited by Pfm; 06-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #82
Tech Champion

Quote:
Tnx Bill for your prompt reply.....one final question,

I saw this small red square electronic device placed in the front bumper....does this serve as BEC for the standards ESC?....There are 2 photos you attached in the picture thumbnail (page 5 of this thread) that I cannot make-out. Sorry to ask, I find your set-up very cool......

cheers!
Pfm,

That is the smaller MyLaps AMB 2-wire transponder. Always place this in the very front of the chassis because I have finished in some very close races...LOL

I use Hobbywing and ORCA 1s specific ESCs and do not have to add a separate BEC module. Used to use standard ESCs and receiver packs; but, I like to keep it simple.

And it is OK with me if this is not your final question...WGT is a passion for me and I want to help all I can. That is the way I roll...

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 06-07-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:42 PM   #83
Tech Champion

Pfm,

Actually, this "Calandra Racing Concepts Information Thread" had been long forgotten by me. This was the first thread on which we did posts about this new CRC WGT cars back in 2008-2009. So, thank you for resurrecting it. Was interesting to see these old posts again.

Elsewhere, within this Electric On-Road section, there is a more recent thread basically for our cars called "CRC 1/10th pan car". You might want to check there too. Several of us in the WGT community have made our more recent posts there.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 06-07-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #84
Pfm
Tech Initiate

Tnx again Bill for your inputs. I'll update you when I get my WGT up & running.....
Old 06-13-2014, 12:09 AM   #85
Tech Champion

Quote:
Tnx again Bill for your inputs. I'll update you when I get my WGT up & running.....
There are a whole lot of drivers that post on rctech.net that are more than happy to help.

Bill

Old 06-21-2014, 09:08 AM   #86
Tech Champion

Default CRC WGT Asphalt Car Photos

Here are a few pictures of my asphalt specific WGT SE.

Rear end does not have the SG1 treatment showing; but, that is currently on all of my three cars. Works on carpet and asphalt.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Calandra Racing Concepts Information Thread-wgt-asphalt-002.jpg   Calandra Racing Concepts Information Thread-wgt-asphalt-003.jpg   Calandra Racing Concepts Information Thread-wgt-asphalt-006.jpg  

Old 06-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #87
Tech Regular

Default Track Magnets......

Greetings. I'd recently received a pair of CRC Dual front track magnet donuts .Does the firm,thinner ring serve its purpose as the outer edge of the wheel or the inner edge of the wheel....? This would be for my 12th pan car. I've mounted and trued multi-ringed foams previously on my old touring cars but I don't remember any good rules of thumb. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
Old 06-22-2014, 08:23 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo View Post
Greetings. I'd recently received a pair of CRC Dual front track magnet donuts .Does the firm,thinner ring serve its purpose as the outer edge of the wheel or the inner edge of the wheel....? This would be for my 12th pan car. I've mounted and trued multi-ringed foams previously on my old touring cars but I don't remember any good rules of thumb. Can anyone lead me in the right direction?
When I used dual-compound foam tires for touring cars, the firm portion always went to the inside. But, call or e-mail John at Team CRC to be sure. CRC is at (315) 338-0867. John's e-mail is [email protected]

Bill

Old 02-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Does anyone monitor the "[email protected]" email address? I've sent a couple of enquiries through to it and have had no replies.

If you don't have clean bearings, good transmission and a perfect car, trust me when I say this...someone else does.
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:52 PM   #90
Tech Champion

Dan,

I don't use that address. Usually place a call directly to the shop and speak with either John or Dumper (Brian).

For you being down under, I suggest e-mailing John in Customer Service. His e-mail address is [email protected]. He always answers me when I use that one.

Cheers!

Bill