R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-03-2003, 11:17 PM   #1441
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Randy, no more Losi?
Moved on to the Yokomo, that is cool.
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:21 PM   #1442
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
Randy, no more Losi?
Moved on to the Yokomo, that is cool.
I think that the shaft drive might be a little faster on the track with a stock motor, definately did like the Losi though.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:22 PM   #1443
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Fire: I hate to tell you that even when he runs practice packs, he still puts the hurt on everybody. He is a sponsored driver for a reason-- HE WINS!!! It is not because of his "superior" battery packs. It is called skill, and years of hard work.
People need to stop whining about "superior battery packs" or "unavailable tires" and spend more time practicing and working on their setups.
I happen to know the person you are referring to, and I do know that he puts a lot of effort into racing and that is the reason for his success, not some magic parts that people can't get.
BTW, I have seen the numbers on the packs, yes they are good, but not really any better than any premium packs that they sell off the shelf.

Colin
C Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 11:59 PM   #1444
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by C Branch
Fire: I hate to tell you that even when he runs practice packs, he still puts the hurt on everybody. He is a sponsored driver for a reason-- HE WINS!!! It is not because of his "superior" battery packs. It is called skill, and years of hard work.
People need to stop whining about "superior battery packs" or "unavailable tires" and spend more time practicing and working on their setups.
I happen to know the person you are referring to, and I do know that he puts a lot of effort into racing and that is the reason for his success, not some magic parts that people can't get.
BTW, I have seen the numbers on the packs, yes they are good, but not really any better than any premium packs that they sell off the shelf.

Colin
you are definitely right bro, for sure i am not saying he wins because of his equipments
I had saw him race for a long long time and i am still amazed by his driving no doubt about that

btw they do sell 1.19x AV packs off the shelf?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:08 AM   #1445
Tech Elite

BTW, he does not have any 1.19 packs.

Colin
Old 11-04-2003, 12:12 AM   #1446
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by C Branch
BTW, he does not have any 1.19 packs.

Colin
oops, my bad then
Old 11-04-2003, 12:13 AM   #1447
Tech Elite

No worries.

Colin
Old 11-04-2003, 12:23 AM   #1448
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire
you are definitely right bro, for sure i am not saying he wins because of his equipments
I had saw him race for a long long time and i am still amazed by his driving no doubt about that

btw they do sell 1.19x AV packs off the shelf?
Hi,

let me step in and hopefully explain a few details about high voltage packs. First, there are such packs and they are available to some World Class team drivers but the maintenence on them is painstakingly hard. One has to remember that these packs come very seldomly and requires a lot of attention and correct charging method. Not only that, drivers who possess these packs are mostly required to log charge time, discharge time, voltage, IR, etc each and everytime they run the packs. this is to insure the packs have not deteriote which most do after some stessful runs or spikes. Secondly, there are those who tend to use methods other than what we use in terms of generating the numbers. I do not have to go into details for you to figure this out. Third, unless the driver who runs these packs can stay off the dots and boards, these packs will run just like the 1.17s or 8s even if the numbers are accurate. We have done testing and with each and everytime the car bumps or skips over a dot or board, the voltage spike is so high that it draws too much instantaneous amperage and lowers it's voltage discharge curve in the process that you as the driver will see and feel no benefit of the extra voltage afterward. last, it is a common belief that the higher the voltage, the better the pack. But in reality, a world class driver with a pack of 1.17s can do just as good if not better then these high maintenence packs. Just remember, the higher the voltage, the higher the maintenence.

I would suggest you find a track and practice during the least busiest time of the day and chalkmark 2 inches away from the first entry dot leading from the straightaway and the same with the in-field dots. Now, go run a pack of 1.15s or 6s and run your line over and over until your whole pack is dumped. Now walk over and see if you've managed to erase the chalkmark. If you can do it within one pack, then I'll reserve a pack of that for you. This is how I learn to drive back in the days. Good luck.

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:30 AM   #1449
Tech Apprentice

Hi Jimmy,

Great explaination.

You are right all the way!
First learn to drive and setup your car like a Pro. After this the heavy equipment comes into play.

Btw... keep me updated on the motors plz....
Trinity is getting more and more delivery- and keeping their stock on a good level problems...?
PeterCr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:45 AM   #1450
Tech Addict

hehe, that's great
so my worries were no worries at all after all

i will try that chalk mark trick when the summer comes
the winter tracks here only exist at the race days
Old 11-04-2003, 01:05 AM   #1451
Tech Elite

Fire: check out RainCity. They have a permanent track that you can practice on until you run out of parts(they have a great store on site). It is only about an hour from the border, and there is always a great group of people there.

Colin
Old 11-04-2003, 01:11 AM   #1452
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Jimmy,

Great recommendation and explanation......

When are you coming back?
Old 11-04-2003, 04:18 AM   #1453
Tech Adept

First race tonight with my Fukuyama 4 cell pack. These were 1.177s. These were just plain" fast".. I had all the good drivers in 12th scale come check out my batteries.. They were impressed!
akrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:54 AM   #1454
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Yeah Jimmy - that is exactly the truth. Stay off the boards and you'll be faster. Now if it was exactly that easy to achieve

akrcracer - glad you having better results now with the cells than you did previously. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:00 AM   #1455
Tech Master

Jimmy, I thought that was suppose to be one of your secrets? ! How's the boyz coming along with their practices?

akrcracer: Nice!

RBLove: Bro, I don't think he's coming back anytime soon. We need him over there.

PeterCr: YGM
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote