R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 11-02-2003, 05:30 PM   #1396
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Super Steve

hehehe...
I was just wondering to see how many times you entered...
Super Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 06:28 PM   #1397
Tech Adept

Wow, 1.18V+ is wonderful spec

By the way, how much is the discharge time in 30A discharge? Please let me know the value currently written to the label of fukuyama battery.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:56 PM   #1398
Tech Regular

Default Congrats!

Winners, congrats from overseas. WOW! you guys are lucky! I think Dan will be doing the same drawing again so lets see who's the next lucky winners.

Thanks for running Fukuyama Racing.

Happy Racing

Jimmy Fukuyama
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:02 PM   #1399
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Yes! Chris Tosoline did awesomely and won against other Professional modified drivers. Jay did just as well coming in second place. It really made me feel good that pro guys at this level also rely on our stuff for the win.

Dan
We are definately happy to have Chris Tosolini on board. He is one of the most valuable, professional level drivers in the world to hit the driver stand and I've watched him race a few times. Even witnessed him beating BK a time of two at his home track. BK is also a legend himself. I am so happy. I heard his got a new prototype SD chassis, did he run that? man! yoke is so lucky to have him drive for them. LOL Our awesome team is growing and hopefully we'll be recognized as the battery boyz of R/C in the future.

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:56 PM   #1400
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Jimmy, I think he was running the Rayspeed chassis on his SD last night.(or the prototype chassis was black...) But I did not have a good look, just when he was on the starting grid.

Dan, how did you do last night? I remember seeing your car with a body clip missing on the front, and the body trying to do an aligator(man, intermediate is a lot of crashing! hahahaha).
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:45 PM   #1401
Tech Master

Default Re: Whoo hooo!

Quote:
Originally posted by RCBuddha
HEY! I Won! AWESOME!!!!!!!

As far as SoCal: Tosolini (Sp?) put on a driving clinic to those who want to see what a great set of batteries can do for you. He was blazing fast didn't even come close to dumping. Now, I just need a Yokomo.....Anyone want to buy a Losi???? hee hee

Buddha
and he still had over 128 second left on a 7 turn and those are the 1.177 batts I took out of the Fukuyama inventory from the same shelves we're shipping to our customers. Also helps to roll and control the throttle. You did see him cruise around for a few laps after he took the lead right? it was so cool. LOL.. Again, congrats. Whatever you're rubbing, looks like its working.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:47 PM   #1402
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Steve
hehehe...
I was just wondering to see how many times you entered...
Oh he bought quite a few packs alright.

Dan
Old 11-02-2003, 11:51 PM   #1403
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kiyano
Wow, 1.18V+ is wonderful spec

By the way, how much is the discharge time in 30A discharge? Please let me know the value currently written to the label of fukuyama battery.
Most of the higher numbers have great runtimes as well. We've had our fair share of 1.185+ with [email protected] 30amps. Jimmy had me reserve three packs of 1.195s for a guy that were suppose to be coming on to our team last month but he ended up switching on us. So, our other team drivers lucked out.

Dan
Old 11-02-2003, 11:59 PM   #1404
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
Jimmy, I think he was running the Rayspeed chassis on his SD last night.(or the prototype chassis was black...) But I did not have a good look, just when he was on the starting grid.

Dan, how did you do last night? I remember seeing your car with a body clip missing on the front, and the body trying to do an aligator(man, intermediate is a lot of crashing! hahahaha).
Hey bubbles,

yes, Tos was running the proto RS chassis last night. My race was bad. I got hacked so bad I decided to park aside and let everyone pass me and be 1/2 laps back just so I dont' break my car and then on a straightaway, a car jumped board and landed on mine and took the body clip with it so I had my car rideing with so much resistance it was barely drivable. To top it all off, I had the fastest laps for a whole race but guess what, computer only counted 4 laps at 53 seconds each and a mid 11. Funny how that happened. But I had fun seeing you guys race and caught up with a bunch of friends that dropped by to visit me. Didn't leave until 11ish and forgot my 3k worth of equipment. Had to drive all the way back there before they opened this morning. . Hopefully Tos can give me a driving refreshment course sometimes soon. heh.

Dan
Old 11-03-2003, 02:13 AM   #1405
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: winners...not me :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Nexus
The 1.17+ Matched Pack Winner is RODNEY MASLOVSKY of Sydney, Australia.
Horray I win

I have some of the guys at the local track very interested in getting some Fukuyama cells,

I only run 540 class at the moment and the amount of punch I have compared to the other guys is unbelievable, I managed pull the fastest lap with a 540 in that class, I will be running stock soon so I will be able to utilize these excellent cells.

edit: All I need now is to learn how to drive properly

and BTW the delivery time from the USA to Australia is unbelivable, you guys sent the last lot on the 30th and I recieved them today (3rd), packaging is excellent as well.

Last edited by Rod M; 11-03-2003 at 03:32 AM.
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 05:31 AM   #1406
Tech Master

Hi guys,

can anyone explain the concept of 'zapped' or 'matched' batteries???
thanks in advance!
horniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:19 AM   #1407
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Congratulations to all the winners of the drawing! I'm glad to see another drawing for this month as well.

The ORL race yesterday was fun and exciting to watch many professional drivers and team drivers from many different companies compete. My XRAY in stock touring was very fast and Fukuyama Racing cells performed perfectly all day long. (Can't wait for Fukuyama Motors!) My driving on the other hand was the limiting factor. Most of the time I felt myself pushing too much and it caused me to make errors. I need one of those driving sessions with Jimmy and Chris as well!

I had fun with my 1/12th scale as well. Fukuyama Racing cells with a 12 double pushed my car to #3 in the A main.

Thanks again for all of your support and dedication to Fukuyama Racing.

Happy Racing!

John

Last edited by John Fontaine; 11-03-2003 at 08:40 AM.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:43 AM   #1408
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

I think I know why Rob M won .

Bouncie Bouncie Bouncie Bouncie!!!!

mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 08:36 AM   #1409
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

I think it was cause of Trinity picking his name out and also that he purchased a lot of cells.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:30 AM   #1410
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Most of the higher numbers have great runtimes as well. We've had our fair share of 1.185+ with [email protected] 30amps. Jimmy had me reserve three packs of 1.195s for a guy that were suppose to be coming on to our team last month but he ended up switching on us. So, our other team drivers lucked out.

Dan
1.195????

now that fukuyama has team drivers, will all the good batts go to the hands of the drivers and the not so good batts for public sales?
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote