R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-27-2003, 03:33 PM   #1141
Tech Addict

I had a night strait out of a horror movie...

http://dramabomb.com/fire/
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 03:38 PM   #1142
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Are you guys OK? It got about that close to us but turned and headed away, luckily.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 03:40 PM   #1143
Tech Addict

The flames actually made it right to the edge of the house....
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 03:43 PM   #1144
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Damn. My cousin lost her house in Harbison Canyon and my Aunt and Uncle don't know if their house on Alpine Heights Rd. is still there. I hope this ends soon.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:20 PM   #1145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Impressive !

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Randman Went to the Toyota/Lexus Cup yesterday and ran Pro Stock, qualified 2'nd next to Rocketron who was also using Fukuyama cells. Unfortunately I bobbled and got sent back into the traffic, but cought back up to take 3'rd. Ron had a straightaway lead on 2'nd place when he got hit by lap traffic and was passed due to slow turnmarshalling, he did finish 2'nd though.
Wanted to publically thank the Fukuyama Battery group. After practice Dan took a look at my bateries I had planned to use for the day After he caught his breath from laughter he passed me a pack to try for Q1 - after round 1 I was 2nd, then with further packs I TQ's expert stock and as Randman mentions ended up second (being too nice ) in the A final.

Fukuyama seems to be on top of there game regarding battery matching. I was pleasently surprized by there batteries in a VERY POSITIVE way.

The pack I used for the main was simply incredible

Not only are the batteries very good but the most important part is that they are good people too
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:28 PM   #1146
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
hey randy.
u back in ur home after the fire?
I've got my stuff packed, but they havent told us to evac yet... Hopefully they wont.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:32 PM   #1147
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yup, those Fuku guys are super nice, and very helpful! I was able to meet and talk with Dan @ Socal on Sat, and it just re-affirms that these guys are out to please their customers.

Dan,

Thanks again for the help at the track. I didn't do as well as I would have like to, but if i had been "on" johnny55 woulda had his work cut out for him in the main! Must be that darn Losi hmmmmmm.....Maybe i should switch back to the TC3.....

Thanks again, and come on by if you can this week on Sat. I'll bring some goodies from Phoenix....

Buddha
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 05:58 PM   #1148
Tech Addict

new batts, new car, new body
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc02266.jpg (147.1 KB, 93 views)
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 06:07 PM   #1149
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default BIG THANKS

Jimmy / Dan,

The first leg of the US Triple Crown is now over. I think there were roughly 225 - 250 entries in all classes. I initially dropped out of mod sedan to let my good friend, Factory AE driver, Mike Lufaso in. Turns out I was able to get back in. I only had one car and was back to back so I dropped mod sedan as my chances were much better in stock.

Stock sedan went very well. I qualified 4th and finished 5th (A MAIN). The main was crazy. I was almost a lap down before I got my car back on the track, etc... It was nuts. I still cannot complain about a top 5 finish at this race. There were roughly 20 drivers that could have won this race. Basically the Cleveland US Indoor Champs line up...................

My Fukuyama Racing batteries performed AWESOME. I could not have asked for anything more. My car was ballistic all weekend. I just wanted to Thank the Fuku crew for all of their support. Next month we have even a bigger race. Cleveland US Indoor Champs (500 entries)...

THANKS AGAIN GUYS......... Good things to come.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:16 PM   #1150
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to johnny55

Quote:
Originally posted by RCBuddha
Yup, those Fuku guys are super nice, and very helpful! I was able to meet and talk with Dan @ Socal on Sat, and it just re-affirms that these guys are out to please their customers.

Dan,

Thanks again for the help at the track. I didn't do as well as I would have like to, but if i had been "on" johnny55 woulda had his work cut out for him in the main! Must be that darn Losi hmmmmmm.....Maybe i should switch back to the TC3.....

Thanks again, and come on by if you can this week on Sat. I'll bring some goodies from Phoenix....

Buddha
Yo Buddah!!! Did someone say Johnny55?? LOL Hey good race yesterday a litttle scary at the start but got throught it lucky. So how did you finish annyway? I placed 2nd to Tag who ran an almost perfect race. I want to try theise batterys though I saw alot of punch especially comming out of Ron's car. Wish I wouldove spent more time chilling with you guys yesterday but was really buisy fixing the TC3 form the crazy practice sessions LOL.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:25 PM   #1151
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Fukuyama

Looks like everyone has been having great results with their Fukuyama Racing cells!

I run TC rubber/stock at my local tracks and have found my 1.15s and 1.16 packs to be on par if not better then other racers Promatch, Trinity, SMC, ect. packs that have higher numbers.

What I like alot about Fukuyama is the customer support. They run a company the way we would all like to see companies run....great communication, support, and excellent promotions!

This fall/winter I plan on picking up some 1.17s...can't wait!

I run a TC3 w/ a monster stock and MVP if anyone needs info or help
Old 10-27-2003, 07:27 PM   #1152
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Hey guys. Thanks again for all the support and dedication to Fukuyama racing. Glad to hear of all the great race results!

To all the San Diego guys dealing with the fire... Be safe! You guys and your family have my prayers to remain safe. My sister lives in La Jolla and I hope that she is safe as well.

As with me, I still continue to race in the Trinity ORL series that starts up this sunday though I had a slight setback this morning. I was in an accident with my 2003 Honda Accord V6 going to work. I'm alright and the car will be fixed. There wasn't any injuries and thank god that it wasn't my fault. (got rear-ended at a stop light and that caused me to collide with a 2000 dodge 2500 pickup with a trailer hitch! ) Poor car, it only had 16K miles on it I got pics if anyone wants to see the damage.

Be safe, and happy racing!

John
Old 10-27-2003, 07:44 PM   #1153
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Super Steve

it would be nice to have fukuyaka "club series" with like 1.14 batt at low prices for club racers like me...

just a thought (probably hard to find low end batts with GP3300)
Super Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 08:27 PM   #1154
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

John.. I have a Honda Accord 2002 and I got rear ended at a stop light and I barley hit the guy in front of me...nothing was wrong until I opened my driver door to get out and WAM!!!!!!!!!!!! Air bag deployed!!!!!!!!.. took my left hand and slammed it into my face. Did anything like that happen with your car? This happened about a year ago. I am amazed at how much the steering wheel cost to replace. The car had 6000 miles on it...I figured they would have totaled the car since the air bag deployed.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 08:52 PM   #1155
Tech Master

Thumbs up CAUTION: Very long post

Guys, finally had the work all caught up at the office and at the lab. Last Friday was hectic since we added more machines and the power weren't enough to drive them so we had to shut down both the office and lab at the same time. Things look brighter as the day progress and we're cranking out orders as well as the lab producing some AWESEOME PACKS!

In regards to Toyota/Lexus Race we attended yesterday, we had a BLAST! It was the coolest thing and Fukuyama Racing's presence was well earned! We literaly had close to 70% domination both in battery usage and wins from over 170 entries. With every single class of electric taking the top finishes and TQs!! A-mains were the norms with our batteries. This is the coolest thing to say the least. During the race, we passed out ice cold bottled waters to the racers, free battery bars, full charging/discharging and maintenence support from me and the crew. Some of the Fukuyama battery owners had back to back TQ and wins. It was the greatest thing happening in an organized parking lot race.

I kid you not, some of these guys are FAST! One thing that really amazes me when I got to meet with racers running Fukuyama batteries is their attitudes they had toward me and other racers. These guys were the finest guys one could have as a friend! well educated and very polite yet competitively dedicated to racing and awesome sportsmanship to say the least! the same guys that would battle you down to the end of the straights yet yield and allow you to come back on track while he waited to continue. This is what true sportsmanship is all about.

We had a few drivers representing Fukuyama Racing and those that were, had my full respect with top quality skills that will rival some pro guys as well as world champs.

Overall, it was a success for Fukuyama Racing with drivers taking in lots of A-main trophies and wins. Some even got a chance to keep the special packs I've personally put together for them to run. These same packs would make any pro guys jealous!

Special thanks goes to Randman, Rocketron, Rafeal, John Tsai, and many, many others for some nice heated battle and taking in the trophies along with many others who I may have missed but were there running our cells. You guys really rocked the tracks and have my respect!

A very personal and special thanks goes to Chris Tosolini for helping all the drivers and hanging out in our pit working with the gang. You're driving is more then Awesome! I still can't believe you can take my car with my half charged pack and run a 10 turn mod for the full duration of the race with a broken A arm and loosen knuckle and still break track record with sparks coming from underneath the car. I can really careless about the car simply seeing you drive is worth 100times the value of the car. I AM HONORED DE MAXIMUS! TWICE!

============================================

A Special Congrats goes to RBLove for placing in the top five A-main winners of the USTC Holloween Classic! you truly rock! We knew we had the right person when we signed you on and you have proven our decision was absolutely correct! Fukuyama Racing could not have been more proud with the results and where you have taken us. I just think when Jim comes back, he'll personally fly out and give you a "high five!".

=============================================

Peter Crammer, that car looks totally dialed and you know you're winning your next one for sure!

Anthony Yuen,

We're working on some more as I can't seemed to pull my drivers finger apart to get the those World packs to you so we're trying for some new ones la..! Good luck at the Thailand REEDY Championship Race!

rtypec, you the man! you're welcome on the nico feed! it's the least I could do for ya and 8 million others. hopefully Marlboro will sign me on and give me a sponsorship. when are you leaving for Japan's Tamiya Challenge? Champ!?

==============================================
jkerr0043, that's a nice body and I really dig that "FR" sticker!

Holycow, Sorry we missed ya yesterday. Those pictures looks frightening! hope all is well and if you ever need help, let me know. Please take care bro!

rocketron,

you were simply AWESOME! that car was ballistic! You've won in my book and your sportsmanship proved more than what you've won! Thanks for the kind word. If you ever feel the need to part with that pack, don't forget to take a deep breath and give me a call. Now, go put it in a vault! btw, mind if I post the pics?

RCBuddha, you are truly a nice guy and I think we'll become good friends in the future. Looks like your losi was totally dialed! what happened? I might just take you up on that if I can manage to slide out of the house on Sat... "Honey, I'll be right back, I'm going to the store to get some milk for the baby.."

Fire, that is one of the coolest paintjob I've seen! man it rocks! and to think I was about to do a same color schems being Fukuyama and the Green and Yellow GP cells. LOL! You do know that those are the team Fukuyama colors right?

johnny55, you did awesome yesterday dude! wish I could spent more time chatting with you yesterday. Congrats on the win!

Nexus, again thanks for the vouch! we're happy that racers like you have chosen us over the other competition. I guess our slogan showed its worth time and again.

John Fontaine, I'm terribly sorry to hear that and glad you're ok and wasn't hurt. Man! it sucks when things like that happens with careless driver ramming into people. Car can always be fix or replace, but not the drivers or passengers so please stay safe and take care. I hope you're feeling ok afterward. I'll have to give you a call tomorrow bro! really sorry to hear that.

Super Steve, if you can find me a track in your area with a good turnout, I just might consider that and it would definately be fun too!

Randman! you did exceptionally well yesterday and I'm happy you agreed to run and pit with us. You know you had it in you and you proved it! That motor will bring you some serious joy because it's part of Jimmy's personal stash I found laying around inside a box hid beneath his bed wrapped in a towel with a label stating " DO NOT TOUCH!". ROFLMAO! Hope all is well where you're at and hope the fires been distinguished.

Dan
P.S. anybody want me to post some pics?
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote