R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2003, 02:52 PM   #1021
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I havent even had the time to build the Web Special yet with the purchase of a new full scale car I was planning on running it, but I'm figuring out the Losi, found a pretty good setup yesterday, hopefully I can find one just as good this Sunday. And I must say I do like the quietness of the Losi
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 02:53 PM   #1022
Tech Addict
 
holycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SoCal Raceway
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Losi's a good car.
I think "Losi" is just a brand name

I guess technically it's also Gil's last name
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:10 PM   #1023
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Melbourne, Aus
Posts: 167
Default

now dan, that's really strange, since you've already replied to it
Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:19 PM   #1024
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Rory
now dan, that's really strange, since you've already replied to it
LOL. Oh I thought you sent me a new PM.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:20 PM   #1025
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default Toyota/Lexus Race

Guys,

Those who own Fukuyama Batteries and attending the race, please drop by our booth and we'll quench your thirst. I promised.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:20 PM   #1026
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Dan - Got the batts built I'm ready for Sunday!
good deal and you know what the agreement is right?

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:31 PM   #1027
Tech Addict
 
holycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SoCal Raceway
Posts: 511
Default Re: Toyota/Lexus Race

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Guys,

Those who own Fukuyama Batteries and attending the race, please drop by our booth and we'll quench your thirst. I promised.

Dan
Hey dan, I looked on socal.rcracing.com and I cannot find any information on how to sign up for the lexus cup? I would like to race!
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #1028
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
good deal and you know what the agreement is right?

Dan
I know I've got some incentive to win this weekend
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #1029
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Toyota/Lexus Race

Quote:
Originally posted by holycow
Hey dan, I looked on socal.rcracing.com and I cannot find any information on how to sign up for the lexus cup? I would like to race!
You sign up right at the event.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:41 PM   #1030
Tech Addict
 
holycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SoCal Raceway
Posts: 511
Default

holycrap.. i had totally forgotten that it was this weekend.. I will see you all there!!! (gota go get myself a lexus body)
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 03:55 PM   #1031
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 370
Default Diffent Cell, Different Temperature reading

I notice that when I completed charging the pack (6 cell) each cell has different temperature reading (with temp gun). I've tried with ther pack with same result, it's not necessary in order the cell is located in the pack.
Ie. After charging with LRP Charger with 6A, 30MV, the cell reach 3300 and stoped, cell one may read 135, cell two 119,120,155,130 etc. I sometime see one cell reads 170 while another cell reads 120 on the pack.

What does the difference in cell temperature telling me? are the hotter cells means it's dying and need to be replaced?

I use Eagle Racing SP Saddle discharger tray to Equalize, then condition the pack before charging.

By the way it's Orion GP3300 I tested on (about 20 runs on these packs), I haven't perform any readings with new Fukuyama batteries yet.
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:14 PM   #1032
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default Re: Re: Toyota/Lexus Race

Quote:
Originally posted by holycow
Hey dan, I looked on socal.rcracing.com and I cannot find any information on how to sign up for the lexus cup? I would like to race!
No, you need to sign up in the early morning the race.


Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:15 PM   #1033
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default Re: Diffent Cell, Different Temperature reading

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasonchi
I notice that when I completed charging the pack (6 cell) each cell has different temperature reading (with temp gun). I've tried with ther pack with same result, it's not necessary in order the cell is located in the pack.
Ie. After charging with LRP Charger with 6A, 30MV, the cell reach 3300 and stoped, cell one may read 135, cell two 119,120,155,130 etc. I sometime see one cell reads 170 while another cell reads 120 on the pack.

What does the difference in cell temperature telling me? are the hotter cells means it's dying and need to be replaced?

I use Eagle Racing SP Saddle discharger tray to Equalize, then condition the pack before charging.

By the way it's Orion GP3300 I tested on (about 20 runs on these packs), I haven't perform any readings with new Fukuyama batteries yet.
All I can say is that "that's the nature of the nimh cells.". some will have a higher temperature mainly due to it's internal chemical reaction.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:23 PM   #1034
Tech Addict
 
holycow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SoCal Raceway
Posts: 511
Default Re: Re: Re: Toyota/Lexus Race

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
No, you need to sign up in the early morning the race.

Dan
U gona be there Dan? Ill swing by and introduce myself.
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:25 PM   #1035
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hey Dan, since you're going to bring your portable nuclear powerplant. If we're short on power, can we plug an extension chord into yours? Fukuyama Portable Power Racing!
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fukuyama batteries/ trinity batteries 20-50 dollars a piece. jackfast R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 02-22-2005 06:37 PM
3 fukuyama batteries HEWITT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 07-19-2004 11:32 PM
fukuyama batteries TRF_StEvE Australian Racing 6 03-25-2004 05:04 AM
Fukuyama Batteries horniez Singapore R/C Racers 8 11-14-2003 01:19 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:51 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net