R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-21-2003, 12:21 AM   #931
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
Speacking of which, I might be able to make snowbird next year. I just hope I have a car to drive. If I do go, I'll need to finish up my testings on those motors. Its hard because its a risky business to go into and hope the motor will work.

Jimmy
Jimmy,

Can't wait to get some motors from you. Here in Holland (and Germany also) we have some strange rulez in the 19 turns and 27 turns classes which lets you free in choice of motor, brush, and sometimes even timing.

At the moment I'm combining my Trinity motors together and are searching for the best 19 turn motor in a 24 degree can. At the moment my Trinity SPEC 19x1 arm in C2 can with P-94 brushhoods seems to be a winner.

In the race last weekend in Germany we could use the normal 27 stocks or a 27 turns mod motor. (seems to be a new motor coming out?) After the quals (raced with a P2K2) I switched to Fantom 27x1 handwound (full) arm in a Trinity D5 can with P-94 brushes. It was fast but still not fast enough compared to the others. I think I should use laydowns on it?

So I hope you'll be getting in motors to soon and can help me beating the others!
PeterCr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:29 AM   #932
Tech Addict

Hey Jimmy, do you have any 1.175+s in stock? I might have some cash and would like a main pack... if i order a 1.175+, do I get a free upgrade to 1.180
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:08 AM   #933
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
Actually, I'm in Japan so no, can't make it. But best of luck to you and all who run Fukuyama batteries. I'm sure there'll be lots.

I will be back later this month though.

Jimmy

So Jimmy when are you going to hit me up Your in Japan....and so am I ..... the guys that have tried your packs are loving them ..... no BS...and they swear by SMC too

-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:10 AM   #934
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Ok I just ordered 3 packs 0f the 1.165 packs because of the free upgrade to 1.17 cells. Price seems great and if they run like you guys are saying then I will be buying some more in a few weeks. Doubt they will make it here for this weekend since I'm in PA and they are from CA. I guess if they send out Priority Mail I might get them by Friday.

I look forward to getting some of these packs.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:32 AM   #935
Tech Addict

Default Power Cube

Do they have labels on them? Have they been through the matcher? Looks like I could use one. I could build 3 4cell packs and one 6 cell.

The others are awesome!

David Root
David Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 06:40 AM   #936
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

wyd- I'll be running my 1.175's at RCO this weekend. I can hardly wait to feel the punch that everyone says they have.
Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:01 AM   #937
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Hey everyone. I'm hearing great things by you guys and i'm loving it!

Dan and Jimmy - I'll be rocking on the trinty ORL tour, they won't know what hit them I need to talk to you guys about some stuff so i'll give Dan a call tonight if he is available.

Fukuyama motors will rock, think of that combination, their awesome cells and motors! :wow:

Holycow - there is no step it up for 1.175+'s. Sorry bud. It's really hard to find matched 1.18's! Fukuyama 1.175's perform like 1.18's though...you'll love em.

WYD - what part of PA do you live? I would love to meet up with you if you're around the Philly area!

John
Old 10-21-2003, 08:06 AM   #938
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey John. I race at RCO in Hanover Pa. I live right outside Harrisburg in Mechanicsburg PA. Maybe we can meet at DC UltraTrax carpet track. I normally only run asphalt but I might come down and try the rug sometime. If these pack run I will be getting a few more. Pricing is some of the best around.

Jekyll I will be down Sat. I'm Brian if you don't already know me. I will have the tricked out Yoke SD with the chrome body.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:11 AM   #939
wyd
Tech Legend

John Fontaine when are they going to have motors available. I might be interested in some new stock motors and maybe a new Mod for the TCS race in March. I use to run for Trinity some time ago, I also ran for Lightspeed motors, Custom Works, Big Boy Motorsports, Tekin, and two different hobby shops. I still race for PitStop Hobbies in Mt Joy. I have rane for him for over 12 years now. If these packs work well I can see what I can do to get some in his hobbyshop. You can PM me any info my shop owner will need to know.

Thanks
Brian
Old 10-21-2003, 08:15 AM   #940
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
Hey John. I race at RCO in Hanover Pa. I live right outside Harrisburg in Mechanicsburg PA. Maybe we can meet at DC UltraTrax carpet track. I normally only run asphalt but I might come down and try the rug sometime. If these pack run I will be getting a few more. Pricing is some of the best around.

Jekyll I will be down Sat. I'm Brian if you don't already know me. I will have the tricked out Yoke SD with the chrome body.
Hey Brian. Good to meet you. I race a DC ultra very often! That is actually going to be my next race on Nov 2nd for the first race of the Trinity ORL series. Stop by if you have that sunday free in your schedule.

As for the motors, they're still being developed. No word yet when they'll be ready for the public.

Let me know how the cells work for you.

John
Old 10-21-2003, 08:20 AM   #941
wyd
Tech Legend

John I will make sure I hook up with you soon. I use to race off road that DC Ultra had setup a few years ago. I also use to race the rug on Route 309 ( the track that had the slot cars and alot of real racing stuff on display.....forgot the name).

I wish the ORL would of had one touring race at RCO. They use to have an oval ORL race their so a winter touring race would have been nice.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:22 AM   #942
Tech Elite

The ORL is going to be a DC ultra (twice), Potbellys (twice) and Thunder Road in Limerick (once) this year.

I have never been to RCO, do they have a website?
Old 10-21-2003, 08:24 AM   #943
wyd
Tech Legend

Their site is rcohobbies.com It is a pretty neat place to race. Indoor asphalt is nice.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:27 AM   #944
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RBLove
CypressMidWest,

Bring it.......................... It would not have mattered....... My Fuku boys got me dialed in like a maaaaaahhhhhhhhh~

I heard you laid it down in some 12th scale! Awesome. It's nice having a fresh car with some fresh sticks huh????? I know you're loving it..........

Take care and have a safe drive up. Construction out the
WAZOO!
In TC you know you rarely ever have to worry about me, but that Pulfer guy is SCARY FAST!!

Yeah, the fresh Rev. 3 with some fresh SWORDS OF VOLTAGE, was certainly a joy on Sunday. Pulfer and I went at it, and for like the first time in two years or somethin', me & my best gear beat Mike and his best gear. We both should've broken Eli's Track Record, but we had a HELLA hard time gettin' around Donnie Hinshaw, his new Rev. 3 was perfectly dialled in by yours truly, and is the widest 12th scale car in the history of ULTRA.

When Pulfer gets his new sticks, we're all in trouble though.

Have a good week and I'll see you BRIZ-IGHT and SHIZ-INY on Friday mornin' brutha!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 11:17 AM   #945
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
So Jimmy when are you going to hit me up Your in Japan....and so am I ..... the guys that have tried your packs are loving them ..... no BS...and they swear by SMC too

-Dave
I'm leaving for Nagoya today and won't be back for another 3 days. Then, off to Hong Kong to work with some suppliers there. Sorry I couldn't hit you up in time. I was pretty well confined until I handed my resignation letter if you know what I mean. Hopefully I'll reach Tokyo by the end of the month.

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote