R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-20-2003, 06:12 PM   #886
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

Good luck with Comm life with those Putnams.. .. very abrasive but man do they make your motor fly!!!!
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:20 PM   #887
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by holycow
... I have no idea how large it actually is, I would need a way to measure it...
Digital Caliper works for me
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #888
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Ouch! looks like it might be a bad batch of 766s but I can't confirm that. I've heard of another guy breaking a 766 brush. In his case, he had the spring tighten and caught the shunt. It happens but not very often. I'm glad you like the Fukuyama Cells and I believe you wouldn't need to do any comparison simply because we have lead others in performance, qualities, marketing and pricing.

Just fyi, I've had one matcher emailed me with profanity and racial remarks, another questioning our abilities and more. But in the end, guess who they are following? I don't mean to sound cocky which I'm not. But we're the ones who started the "Power Cube" and there are others following. We're also the one who started "Free Shipping" and there are others who's also followed. We're also the one who started a Special deal on Multipacks and there are those who's following. Chances are, there will be others who will most likely follow our "Step It Up" program as well. When a goodie fellow racers started a thread to praise us, other nice racers jumped in, but then there's always that one or two who decided we're not good enough for them. Oh well, like Jimmy said, "We can only do our best but we simply can't win em' all". Price might be an issue for some, but in the long run, the support, the performance, and confidence we give to the owners with our cells will far exceed. Enjoy and hopefully see you at the Toyota Race.

Dan
What these people need to understand is that YOU guys are doing something right, and they are NOT(or just don't see it)...

So how long does it take for the batteries to reach the orderer?(I ordered mine on friday night, so you guys should have recived the order today... how much more time after that?)

I know, I know, patience is a good thing, but I was hoping to use these batteries at next weekends Toyota race here in Irvine...
Old 10-20-2003, 06:27 PM   #889
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

hello all,

I was FINALLY able to race this past weekend, with a brand new car, and my brand new fukuyama cells. Although I finished 4th overall, Fukuyama provided some excellent power all weekend. here's how the race weekend went down:

First Round:
TQ'd, and had many other racers from the pits complimenting me on how fast my car was. used my 1.15

Second Round:
Got mugged in the second turn, and spent the whole run playing catch-up to the leaders. used my 1.15

A-Main
Got mugged again in the second turn, spent the rest of the time running hard. I managed to make my way up to 4th, and had I had another minute, i probably would have caught third place. used my 1.16

I may not have won, but I would say I was impressed by the power that the fuku packs had. I mean, they provided the necessary power to charge hard, especially having to make up ground. And get this: I was using 1.15s and a 1.16, while everyone else had 1.17s or better! HA!

Needless to say, I am satisfied with my order, thank you Fukuyama. I have another order coming this week!

Buddha
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:31 PM   #890
Tech Fanatic

Just out of curiosity, did you race at SoCal?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:35 PM   #891
Tech Master

Yup, I was there. I think I met you, i was pitting across from steve, next to kevin and diagnol from Mike. You were helping Steve build his TC3. I was running a XXX-S with the white/yellow/blue body.

On another note, the XXX-S can be a pain to work on, especially in a rush!

Buddha
Old 10-20-2003, 06:39 PM   #892
Tech Regular

Default more battery coming, which charger

Hi, I'm getting 4 more packs coming hopfully by this weekend , I ordered 2 about a month ago and they are the best I've ever used. Question, I'm getting a 2nd charger and deciding between a LRP "Competition" and "Sport" model. All I'm looking for on this 2nd charger is to "Charge" battery, period. I already have discharger etc. So does "Sport" provides everything I needed? I notice the Competition support "Flex" and "linear" mode, do I even care for that?

thanks
Jasonchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:45 PM   #893
Tech Fanatic

Ok, it all comes together now, yeah, that was me helping him out with his new car. At SoCal sometimes it is hard to get through the traffic, isn't it!!!

What did you break on the LOSI?

When you said that you TQed, I was like "wait a second, I TQed!!!", then I remembered that you and Kevin, and Steve were all running Intermediate.

woops!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:53 PM   #894
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I know you guys are still just getting the company started but have you thought of selling any other cells? Like ones to make packs for electric planes. Some other matchers sell conditioned sells, not matched but conditioned for lower IR and higher voltage.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:55 PM   #895
Tech Master

Ok, I now know who you are bubbles. I'm sure you've seen me around, i come out to race about twice a month, but sure wish it could be every weekend! BTW, what did you do to that diff, to make it work so well????

I pulled my car off the track at about 5:00, and was was going to run a quick few laps to scrub in my tires, when I heard a grinding sound coming from the car. I spent the next 25 minutes taking each end apart, to find out that the Kevlar spur I had just purchased had a flat spot! I made it to my race, but my gripe is the way that the suspension has to come apart to get to the diffs.

yeah, i was running in intermediate with kevin and steve. I was actually shocked when Slim said that I had TQ'd, but the next round, Johnny (I think that was his name) took it away.....

I completely agree that the traffic at SoCal is tough to get through, especially when your trying to make up time! Good thing I've got da power to do it with now.....hee hee hee

Buddha
Old 10-20-2003, 07:00 PM   #896
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Ouch! looks like it might be a bad batch of 766s but I can't confirm that. I've heard of another guy breaking a 766 brush. In his case, he had the spring tighten and caught the shunt. It happens but not very often. I'm glad you like the Fukuyama Cells and I believe you wouldn't need to do any comparison simply because we have lead others in performance, qualities, marketing and pricing.

Just fyi, I've had one matcher emailed me with profanity and racial remarks, another questioning our abilities and more. But in the end, guess who they are following? I don't mean to sound cocky which I'm not. But we're the ones who started the "Power Cube" and there are others following. We're also the one who started "Free Shipping" and there are others who's also followed. We're also the one who started a Special deal on Multipacks and there are those who's following. Chances are, there will be others who will most likely follow our "Step It Up" program as well. When a goodie fellow racers started a thread to praise us, other nice racers jumped in, but then there's always that one or two who decided we're not good enough for them. Oh well, like Jimmy said, "We can only do our best but we simply can't win em' all". Price might be an issue for some, but in the long run, the support, the performance, and confidence we give to the owners with our cells will far exceed. Enjoy and hopefully see you at the Toyota Race.

Dan

how many packs do i have to order to get the multip pack special deal??
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 07:06 PM   #897
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by RCBuddha
Ok, I now know who you are bubbles. I'm sure you've seen me around, i come out to race about twice a month, but sure wish it could be every weekend! BTW, what did you do to that diff, to make it work so well????

Buddha
Well I have been running the TC3 for about two years now, and I noticed that the diff was loose, but was too tight when in the housing(too wide). Steve went to go and get some new bushings for the diff and presto, it worked A LOT better!

Flat spotted a KEVLAR gear?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I can only do that to Kimbrough's, and R&W's(although I have never had a Kevlar gear in my car, just heard that it is louder, and stronger...)

BTW, good job catching up to fourth place!!

It is VERY hard to get around people that are laps behind, that still think that they are racing with you!!!!!

PS can't wait til I get my FUKUYAMA'S!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2003, 07:16 PM   #898
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Re: Translation for Ray

Quote:
Originally posted by Joneser
Wife: If you expect to be gone next Thursday - Sunday then you better stay home this Sunday to hang out with the family.

Ray: Yes dear

Had to take the opportunity to give Ray a little business.

Rob Love looked fast this weekend!
So true-every word. But you know the only thing probably more expensive than marriage is divorce!! And I like my wife and daughter so I'd like them to keep me around.

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:43 PM   #899
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Bubbles, if you ordered them Friday I'd think you'll have them tomorrow. That's how it's gone on my orders.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:51 PM   #900
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterCr
Hi Guys,

Yesterday racing was great!

Unfortunately I didn't get my new packs in time (customs had them....) so I only had one pack Fuku 1.17+.

I raced them in the 27 stock class in a big race in Germany with some international drivers. It was a new track and I didn't get any training. Using the my Fukuyama pack I was able to make the A-main. During the finals I used the pack one more time and was able to improve my place to 7th overall!!!

It was a great racing day with over 100 competitors spread over 4 classes.

I get my packs probably tomorrow or the day after and will use them next week during a cup race. Same track as last week (finished 6th last week and hope I can improve a bit more with my new Fukuyama packs!
Hey Peter,

Great to see you've done well in Germany. Keep up the good work! We need you for the european wins.

John F. Don't forget to let us know your La Jolla addy so I can pick you up and do some fun stuff.

Jim
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote