R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-20-2003, 12:54 PM   #871
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default Re: Toyota/Lexus Race

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Guys,

We'll have a booth there during the race. Anyone who is attending and running Fukuyama Batts are welcome to approach me for any help. I'll try my best to assist you.

I will be scoring around and see who's running our batts. I "might" even have room left in our team for at least one guy. Good luck racing!

Dan
I wish I get over there and see you at this race. I'm still planning on coming out in Feb so we'll get together then. How far a drive are you from La Jolla?

Great results guys!

John
Old 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM   #872
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,

Yesterday racing was great!

Unfortunately I didn't get my new packs in time (customs had them....) so I only had one pack Fuku 1.17+.

I raced them in the 27 stock class in a big race in Germany with some international drivers. It was a new track and I didn't get any training. Using the my Fukuyama pack I was able to make the A-main. During the finals I used the pack one more time and was able to improve my place to 7th overall!!!

It was a great racing day with over 100 competitors spread over 4 classes.

I get my packs probably tomorrow or the day after and will use them next week during a cup race. Same track as last week (finished 6th last week and hope I can improve a bit more with my new Fukuyama packs!
PeterCr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:28 PM   #873
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RBLove
Dan/Jimmy,

Wellll. Like I said. The batteries were awesome. I finally got a TQ and a win. Batteries are only going to get better after a few runs.... This weekend will be a big test for me and the batteries. I struggled some with my car today, but third round it was money and left it alone for the main.....................................

All I can say is "THANKS" again and I will keep you posted later in the week about the USTC race...... Wish me luck everyone..
I KNEW PULFER AND I SHOULDA GONE TO THE GATE THIS PAST WEEKEND!!!!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 01:39 PM   #874
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Peter and Rob- Great results. Way to go to represent Team Fukuyama

My next big race series starts up November 2nd, Trinity ORL indoor winter tour. It's a 5 points series, best 4 out of 5. Fukuyama will be representing hopefully knocking Trinitys top drivers away from TQ I will be racing my Xray Evo 2 along with my 1/12 RC12L3.

Last edited by John Fontaine; 10-20-2003 at 02:02 PM.
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:00 PM   #875
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I didn't get to race this weekend (long story) but I get a few practice sessions in before having to leave the track. Between the speed on the track and the ChevronModels body I was testing, the car got a lot of attention from everyone. It was blazing fast on the tight little track. The punch was very noticable.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:16 PM   #876
Tech Addict

Jimmy, Dan,

How do your cells compare to the ZX racing crew? They have some really really good prices as well...

BTW, I was finally able to run my 1.165s after charging them on my 16x7, and all I can say is HOLY CRAP! I had more punch and speed then I really knew what to do with! I now see how those REALLY fast stock guys get so fast..

A funy story, on my second time around on the new packs, I was at like 50% power! My car was a total dog! I thought something was wrong with the packs, but it turns out I had a broken brush.

I broke a brush in my first heat Saturday, then broke another brush on a new pair in my SECOND heat! How do you guys figure that one?
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:20 PM   #877
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

HolyCow.... Excessive arching.... or you overgeared the motor... was the motor really hot? I did that once..Fried and Broke the Brush
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:27 PM   #878
Tech Addict

No the motor doesn't really come off that hot, I am currently geared to 7.25:1, which is actually pretty low. I run it a tad low because I run a monster pro, on a pretty tight track. I have been geared there for 40-50 runs on my monsters... so thats not it.

I break the brushes in until they are fully seated, then I do a light pass on the comm, and re-seat for 30 seconds, and usually the motor is ready to go!!! Usually fast and smooth... but I have broken TWO brushes back to back! both slotted 766s, which are usually pretty bullet proof.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:32 PM   #879
Tech Elite

Did they break off perfectly on the Slot? Maybe that had something to do with it. I have never used slotted Brushes... that is really weird.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:32 PM   #880
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How small is your comm? That may have something to do with it.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:35 PM   #881
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by holycow
Jimmy, Dan,

How do your cells compare to the ZX racing crew? They have some really really good prices as well...

Performance vs Price?
There is no camparison...Fukuyama cells are simply the best... Products, quality, and service Second to none.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 05:44 PM   #882
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
How small is your comm? That may have something to do with it.
Iv only cut the comm maybe 4-5 times, and they are usually very very light. I have no idea how large it actually is, I would need a way to measure it. The brush broke right at the slot... like the whole contact patch chipped off (just on one half)
Old 10-20-2003, 05:46 PM   #883
Tech Master

Last edited by Maj. Teeth; 02-04-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 06:04 PM   #884
Tech Elite

Major Teeth.... I know who you are talking about the Profanity and such... I will let you know that at the Regionals the Sand***** packs did not match up to yours. There are a lot of matchers out there... you just have to see who can deliver. I think that is why they only sells on E-Bay.

I hope there is not a bad batch of 766 Brushes.... I just ordered 20 pair Is the one you heard of a full face break or was it slotted like holycow's?

Holycow. When you cut your Comm are you taking a ball point pen and rounding down the Groves on the motor segments? Maybe they are catching the edge of the brush and breaking them.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:08 PM   #885
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
I hope there is not a bad batch of 766 Brushes.... I just ordered 20 pair Is the one you heard of a full face break or was it slotted like holycow's?

Holycow. When you cut your Comm are you taking a ball point pen and rounding down the Groves on the motor segments? Maybe they are catching the edge of the brush and breaking them.
Mike,

I've heard that when inspecting the brushes closely, the compression was not solid enough. I don't know if you know what I mean by that. LOL.. actually, the brush was a little on the flaky side from what I was told. I'm still running the 4499 since I bought hundreds of them earlier this year and now, hopefully Jim will bring some crazy brushes back by the end of the month. I've heard Putnum's are good brushes so I've ordered some to try. Hopefully it'll be here this week.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote