Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I have a question regarding discharge rates;
Is a 30 amp discharge really better than 20 amps? I keep reading that 30 amps will help "train" the pack, but this does not make any sense to me. Wouldn't that just put unnecessary stress on the pack, heating it further, reducing its life AND performance?

Thanks
Old 10-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
wellll.... thanks for you input...and I DID RTFM...but I have an original Millenium which I purchased used.

It's buried in there, but some of the earliest versions of the Millennium didn't support that adjustment, and thus it wasn't in the earliest revs of the manual.

Thank you for the information on the firmware upgrade, I have an email sent now to Novak inquiring on how to take advantage of the program...
As I recall, it will most likely be updated to the most recent version of the non-pro software, which will allow you to adjust the linear charge profile to allow for NiMH cells.

And yes..I'd love to have a CEI charger...but I'm only just now re-entering electric RC after a decade away and a year of Nitro.

The Millenium was great for my receiver and transmitter packs.
A GFX is definately in the cards for me, just not right now. As soon as I have $450 that's not earmarked for rent, food, bills, gas, insurance, or other non-negotiable things, I'll be ordering one.

Depending on the response I get from novak, I may look into selling the old millenium and picking up a Pitbull, LRP competition, or possibly a Millenium pro...a 35GFX would be ideal but...I'm a hobbyist..not a hardcore racer...
I've heard very good things about the pitbull, as well as the LRP comp. charger. Like you said, the Millennium is great for tx packs.

-dave
Old 10-18-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Jimmy/Dan,

Getting a run on the Omega's tomorrow. Big race is next week (Thurs-Sun)...... I'll give ya some feedback tomorrow night. Like we don't already know what it's going to be (batteries are AWESOME)..............~
Old 10-18-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Which tray is a good one to use, the one I have is an older Trinity used for nicads only?
Old 10-19-2003, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Jim/Dan,

Try the fukuyama 1.17+ this morning for practice. They are awesome. The packs is very punchy, i can feel the different in this pack. Now i know the different between matched and unmatched packs.
I've seen your competition in your website. Just make sure you put me in ! Hmm .. I LOVE TO WIN 1.18 packs

Thanks Jim & Dan
Old 10-19-2003, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

trays.. personally i use Indi ocatne 2.. it does teh job well.. or so i think??

as for these batts. i got the 1.160 doovies.. and they are sweet.. lowest IR on my charger ever.. n the brightest labels ive ever seen

as for performance.. only got one heat of racing.. (and subsequently used smc's (sorry)) so nothing to report as yet

ROb Storey
Old 10-19-2003, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Default Tray

I have a couple of Integy trays with light bulbs and diodes in them. They take the cells down to 0.0 each if you leave them in long enough. What i do for NIMH is unscrew the bulb when each one goes out. It is real clost to .9 volts. This will equalize an unmatched pack.

I also have a PROmatch Smart Tray*. It has diodes, puts a little heavier load on each cell and automaticlly shuts off at .7 volts per cell because that is the voltage drop across the diode.

Promatch doesn't make these any more, but still have them in stock. I bought a 2 X 4 Smart Tray* for my 4 cell AND 6 cell packs. I do not use it every time. I think it is the best made one I have seen yet, it makes a great connection every time, had huge thumb screws and spring steel contacts that make putting even a not so perfect made pack easy. It also has lights that show contact for each cell.

NO AFFILATION Yadda Yadda

I RUN FU BATTERIES!

David Root
Old 10-19-2003, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

RBLove, Good luck running them tonight and do let us know afterward. Can't wait for you to bring home the win next week. Lets just keep our fingers cross and the push the hack-gods away.

Snobeast, the Intergy Octane 2 is a good tray to consider.

b_budianto, Glad you like them. You will be entered in the drawing of course.

Carbon_Fibre3 , sweet! wait til you run them a couple of times. even better! Glad you like them.

David Root, never used the ProMatched one but I'm sure they're good coming out of PMR. Jeff's a great guy btw. Thanks for running FU batts. LOL

Dan
Old 10-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Maj. Teeth,

Does the Octane 2 have a cut off, so you don't discharge the cells to much.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Could anyone answer my question about why 30amp discharge is supposed to be better?
Old 10-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

I was told that 30 amp is better because to makes the batteries pump out the voltage. Last year I was discharing my packs at 20amps and they went soft during runs and 2 of my packs were not usuable in race conditions after about 3 months. I started discharging my packs from then on at 30amps and I still have packs from last year that do well in 19 turn.
Old 10-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think the biggest reason the 30 amp discharge is used is it matches closer to how they are discharged in the track. Running mod, you'll pull about 30-35 amps I beleive from the batteries so it makes sence to continue to discharge at the same rate.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Dan/Jimmy,

Wellll. Like I said. The batteries were awesome. I finally got a TQ and a win. Batteries are only going to get better after a few runs.... This weekend will be a big test for me and the batteries. I struggled some with my car today, but third round it was money and left it alone for the main.....................................

All I can say is "THANKS" again and I will keep you posted later in the week about the USTC race...... Wish me luck everyone..
Old 10-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RBLove
Dan/Jimmy,

Wellll. Like I said. The batteries were awesome. I finally got a TQ and a win. Batteries are only going to get better after a few runs.... This weekend will be a big test for me and the batteries. I struggled some with my car today, but third round it was money and left it alone for the main.....................................

All I can say is "THANKS" again and I will keep you posted later in the week about the USTC race...... Wish me luck everyone..
Nice! I knew you'd come through and win the A-main. Let's do it again next week. btw, how did Ray do tonight?

Dan
Old 10-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rob,

Wait till you see how fast my D2 is corner to corner-especially w/ the Fuku batteries. The D2 is quick!!

Shoot me any set-up changes!!!

Ray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.