R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-13-2003, 04:40 PM   #676
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rinkrat99
Maj. Teeth

Thank you for your response. Are you sure the test is at 5000 seconds and not 500 seconds (8 min 20 secs)?

What is your typical voltage for say a 1.145v to 1.160 cell under a 30A load at the 500 second point?

Thanks
it is based on whatever the runout time is. In this case, the default on the Turbomatcher is 5000 which means that setting at 5000 is exceeding it's full discharge and more therefore the the matcher will calculate based on the average of what the cell's runout is until the cell reaches .90 cutoff.

Jimmy
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #677
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Peter - yes, my xray does very well and is very durable. (but I don't hit anything. ) Motor depends on the track/gearing. The monster has more RPM than the P2K2 so that works well if you want top speed. P2K2 has more torque for the twisties. I run a epic monster with a 128/32 with the 1.77 internal (7.08) with 60mm foams and its very quick and punchy. I also run the C-hubs but very stiff (red springs front and dark purple rear, front sway bar vertical and a rear sway, 30 wt xray shock oil all around) With carbide ball difs front/rear this is an awsome carpet setup for me. It gives a lot of cornering speed without any push what so ever. Enjoy the Fukuyama cells..they'll be awesome. 6 amps is a good charge rate for stock, go 5 or 5.5 for mod to get some more runtime. Ask more if you have questions!

Happy Racing.
John
I see the both of you have meet. John, please meet Peter, Peter, please meet John. Both of you are great assets representing Fukuyama Racing. Keep up the good racing guys! I'll be back in the states in about a week or two.

Jim
Old 10-13-2003, 05:46 PM   #678
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Fukuyama Team Drivers

Guys,

1. I think I figure out what materials to use for brushes that'll rip the competitions apart! Also the lube involve to break them in nicely and snuggly to form on the comm.

2. Got some more crazy stuff coming your way for testing along with more toys.

3. Those who are still short on Omega Packs, please email Daniel with your details on upcoming events and he'll work it out with you. Got some extra ones I was told.

Again, I should be back in about 1 to 2 weeks and Daniel and I will most likely tour around visiting our guys and maybe I can start racing again.

Jimmy
Old 10-13-2003, 05:49 PM   #679
Tech Apprentice

do you have a date for the brushes?
lukewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 05:58 PM   #680
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by lukewilson
do you have a date for the brushes?
No release date yet. We still need to further R&D it with our drivers and myself.

Jimmy
Old 10-13-2003, 08:11 PM   #681
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default Re: Fukuyama Team Drivers

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
Guys,

1. I think I figure out what materials to use for brushes that'll rip the competitions apart! Also the lube involve to break them in nicely and snuggly to form on the comm.

2. Got some more crazy stuff coming your way for testing along with more toys.

3. Those who are still short on Omega Packs, please email Daniel with your details on upcoming events and he'll work it out with you. Got some extra ones I was told.

Again, I should be back in about 1 to 2 weeks and Daniel and I will most likely tour around visiting our guys and maybe I can start racing again.

Jimmy
Jimmy, glad to hear from you bud. Hope Japan is treating you nicely. Love those ideas of yours Can't wait to try out the new stuff. My Omega pack rocks...Peter, expect yours soon... Welcome to the team.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:21 PM   #682
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Welcome to the "TEAM" Peter. I have not been on here much this past week. Family issues!

Anyway, just wanted to say hey and let you know I am here to help. I am a carpet/foam tire racer from Ohio. I run for Fukuyama Racing, KO Propo, and Fantom Motors. If you need any assistance or have any ideas I'd like to hear them. [email protected]

Sooooooooooo. Did everyone just lay it down with their Fuku packs over the weekend? I had to take the day off, but next Sunday it is on and the following week is our first lef of the USTC. Oh yeahhhhhhh. Cannot wait. Will do my best (and then some) to make a good showing for Team Fukuyama Racing...

Take care,
The Robby Fukuyama~~
Old 10-13-2003, 11:48 PM   #683
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys!
It is great to be a member of your team. Keep up the good work!

And Jimmy dive into those motors and brushes. My Trinity and EPIC motors are fine but they seem to have more and more delivery problems. I also heard that Fantom is having big troubles. Any news on this? I heard people were fired and shipments didn't got shipped for some time?

RBLove, what car do you run?
PeterCr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:00 AM   #684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Peter,

PRS gears... Gotta love'em. I just got a bunch of spurs and pinions from Bigdogrc.

I run a TC3. I ran an X-Ray all last season and started this season with one, but got tired of ordering and some other issues. The TC3 is treating me well thus far........... I had a partial deal with X-Ray/Hudy/Serpent last season, but have since forfeited it.

Take care and welcome aboard..
Old 10-14-2003, 08:09 AM   #685
Tech Regular

I ran the first race of a 5 race series on sunday , used my FUKU packs in the 2nd qualifier , and the main in stock 1/12th, and had my best run yet , made the "A" for the first time , basically I picked up 2 laps with these cells (1.177) .
Bob
RCsilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:22 AM   #686
Tech Elite

RCSilly - Awesome...glad you enjoyed what these cells can do for you.

Keep up the good work and good luck with the rest of the race series.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:33 AM   #687
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RCsilly
I ran the first race of a 5 race series on sunday , used my FUKU packs in the 2nd qualifier , and the main in stock 1/12th, and had my best run yet , made the "A" for the first time , basically I picked up 2 laps with these cells (1.177) .
Bob
Hey nice numbers!

Jimmy
Old 10-14-2003, 11:34 AM   #688
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
RCSilly - Awesome...glad you enjoyed what these cells can do for you.

Keep up the good work and good luck with the rest of the race series.
John,

How did that body do for you?

Jim
Old 10-14-2003, 11:35 AM   #689
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by RBLove
Peter,

PRS gears... Gotta love'em. I just got a bunch of spurs and pinions from Bigdogrc.

I run a TC3. I ran an X-Ray all last season and started this season with one, but got tired of ordering and some other issues. The TC3 is treating me well thus far........... I had a partial deal with X-Ray/Hudy/Serpent last season, but have since forfeited it.

Take care and welcome aboard..
I have yet to try those gears.

Jimmy
Old 10-14-2003, 11:40 AM   #690
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Fukuyama
John,

How did that body do for you?

Jim
Jimmy, that body turned a lot of heads! It was also very stable and allowed me to turn some really fast laps! I'm sold, sign me up for another 100