R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-11-2003, 09:25 PM   #661
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Ray,

You will love them. Run them twice...................

Everyone,

Sorry I have not been on here much. The little one was sick and in the hospital a couple of days this week.

No racing for me tomorrow. Working all night tonight................ Only two weeks away from the 1st USTC race...

Any questions or suggestions shoot them my way.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:11 AM   #662
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Better Batch

mmm interesting because on this sight if you check the trinity lies again thread thread you will notice that Epic (Trinity owned) has stated they will get the better percentage of the batch well due to this GP have put a clause on there site (Due to Trinitys statement) saying that unde no circumstances does any company get special batches or tested batches every company gets the same cells.

Check the Trinity lies again for moore info.

Regards
john

Last edited by NR; 10-13-2003 at 07:04 PM.
NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:47 AM   #663
Tech Master

Thumbs down ?!??

Last edited by Maj. Teeth; 02-04-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 11:41 AM   #664
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Major, empty your PM's so I can reply.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 03:30 PM   #665
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Major, empty your PM's so I can reply.
Ready, thanks. Just got back from Church.

Dan
Old 10-12-2003, 06:18 PM   #666
Tech Addict

Default Race Report

I race an RC10L3 in the TC class in the local parking lot. It is a well put on race. Using your batteries, I ran my main with a paradox stock motor for a 5 minute heat. Had plenty of speed. After the race I discharged my pack on a integy 16 x 5 and had 1720 Mah left in the battery. GOOD PACK!! I usually have a lot less left. Thanks A bunch!

David Root
David Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 06:50 AM   #667
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

David - Great results...I'm glad you like the packs.

I had a good weekend racing indoors this past saturday. Every week the bar on TQ gets raised. I won my first two qualifiers but not on TQ pace as a lot of team trinity drivers race at the track I go to. My Fukuyama packs worked perfectly and my car was balistic

Happy racing and thanks for the support.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:17 AM   #668
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to rinkrat99
Default Help understanding the test procedure for obtaining the Average cell voltage

If possible, can you please explain your procedure for measuring the Average Cell voltage?

I am thinking it is probably being taken from the data acquired during the 30 amps discharge for 5000 seconds. There are two ways of doing this;

1) Your matched pack is all 6 cells are measuring a cell voltage under load at 5000 seconds of between 1.145v to 1.160

or

2) Your average voltage is the data of the SUM of all voltages measured during the 5000 second 30A discharge test divided by the amount of test samplings during the 5000 sec test.

Method #2 will give you a lower voltage measured under load at the 5000 second test whereas #1 gives you a minimum voltage measured after the 5000 s test.

Tahnks for the info.
rinkrat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 10:46 AM   #669
Tech Master

We use method #2 and calculate the average voltage with a 6 amp charge and 30 amp discharge with a standard default run off of 5000 seconds all done by the newly revisioned Competition Electronics Turbo Matcher 4/35. This is what the industry uses and most racers agreed that this is the industry's standard of matching. Getting the boost on the cells are done differently from matchers to matchers but we tend to have an edge over that with our C.E.T. machines. It is by far the most expensive system we know of currently but is able to do a lot more than simply zap the living daylights out of the virgin cells to achieve a higher voltage. I can't quite get into the details of how it works but it works awesomely!

Dan
Old 10-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #670
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to rinkrat99

Maj. Teeth

Thank you for your response. Are you sure the test is at 5000 seconds and not 500 seconds (8 min 20 secs)?

What is your typical voltage for say a 1.145v to 1.160 cell under a 30A load at the 500 second point?

Thanks
rinkrat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:06 PM   #671
Tech Apprentice

Raced my first indoorrace last weekend.

I used a 1.170-1.175 Trinity pack, an Kinetix 1.175+ pack and a Fukuyama GP3300 1.170-1.175 pack.

It was a big race (19 turns class) with some national racers in it. I managed to set the fifth fastest time. Used all the packs one time. I managed to set the best run with the Trinity pack but this was because I had some bad luck with backmarkers in my last qualy-run with the Fukuyama pack. With the Fukuyama pack I managed to set the fastest lap of the day. It was a 14.77s lap while everybody else was doing 15.0 and 15.1's as fastest!!!

I used the Kinetix and Fukuyama for the second time in the finals.
Again the Fukuyama pack came out as the fastest! They have lots of power!!! Can't wait to get my new ordered superpacks :-)

In the end I finished 5th and 6th in the A-main. Which is very good result. In almost all my runs I was able to set the fastest laptime!

Thanks Fukuyama for the good pack and keep up the good work.

Will be racing this weekend again in a big international cup race in the stock with the Fukuyama packs. Will let you know how I did!

Fukuyama rulezzz. Lots of punch and very low resistance!
PeterCr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:16 PM   #672
Tech Elite

PeterCr - Testimony at it's best. Good job and good luck this weekend. You'll have to share with me your secret driving skills.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:31 PM   #673
Tech Apprentice

Thanks John!

You as an XRAY-driver should know that the XRAY is very good car. (indoor as well as outdoor)

This in combination with a very good Trinity motor and the superb Fukuyama-packs makes a perfect match :-)

I charged the packs at 6 amps on my Millenium Pro charger.

Next weekend I will race in a 27 turns stock race with some excellent drivers from Holland and Germany. (national top drivers; some sponsored big time...)

I'm still not sure if I will go for my Monsterhorse or use the P2K2 again. Any tips?
PeterCr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:54 PM   #674
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default batts

just got my batts, good numbers on the stickers, i havent run them though. Whats the difference in the GP green/orange batteries and the 3300 rainbow 9pink, green, etc
gporta77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 01:46 PM   #675
Tech Elite

Peter - yes, my xray does very well and is very durable. (but I don't hit anything. ) Motor depends on the track/gearing. The monster has more RPM than the P2K2 so that works well if you want top speed. P2K2 has more torque for the twisties. I run a epic monster with a 128/32 with the 1.77 internal (7.08) with 60mm foams and its very quick and punchy. I also run the C-hubs but very stiff (red springs front and dark purple rear, front sway bar vertical and a rear sway, 30 wt xray shock oil all around) With carbide ball difs front/rear this is an awsome carpet setup for me. It gives a lot of cornering speed without any push what so ever. Enjoy the Fukuyama cells..they'll be awesome. 6 amps is a good charge rate for stock, go 5 or 5.5 for mod to get some more runtime. Ask more if you have questions!

Happy Racing.
John