R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-31-2005, 09:34 AM   #6391
Tech Initiate

Do you have any idea of how long these cells sat on the shelves of your LHS?

Up the peak detect and you should get more punch.. Also, what class do you race? mod or stock? If stock I suggest you charge at 6 amps, you'll get more power while sacrificing a few seconds in run time, but stock never dumps if you're gear correctly. You also could have done damage to the cells while building them.

To say the cells suck and to blame Fukuyama is very insulting. We do not know what equipment you use, or your soldering ability. Please visit the Fukuyama Racing link in my signature for info for caring for the cells and charging/discharing recommendations. I've been racing Fukuyama cells for over 2 years now and never had a problem with any of them.

What's with the rash of insulting comments lately?

John

John,
The cells were fresh from Fukuyama. Brand new, in the shop less than three days. Also i would say that my skills with a soldering iron are better than average. My degree is in electronics, so i have had years of practice. And i have read your instructions about the cells many times. I have also read many many other articles on the net about caring for cells. I also use good equipment. Turbo 35's and reedy quasar. I charge at 6 amps with a 3 mv peak. Now that we have that out of the way.... 2 of the packs suck. There is no other way to put it. They are flat on the track and off the pace by about 3 tens or more compared the other pack. All the packs are 1.165+ cells. If all the packs ran like the best one i would be on cloud nine, but they dont. So far from my experience they are way over rated!
hooked911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:47 AM   #6392
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Sorry we couldn't please you.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:48 AM   #6393
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked911

John,
The cells were fresh from Fukuyama. Brand new, in the shop less than three days. Also i would say that my skills with a soldering iron are better than average. My degree is in electronics, so i have had years of practice. And i have read your instructions about the cells many times. I have also read many many other articles on the net about caring for cells. I also use good equipment. Turbo 35's and reedy quasar. I charge at 6 amps with a 3 mv peak. Now that we have that out of the way.... 2 of the packs suck. There is no other way to put it. They are flat on the track and off the pace by about 3 tens or more compared the other pack. All the packs are 1.165+ cells. If all the packs ran like the best one i would be on cloud nine, but they dont. So far from my experience they are way over rated!
Hello,

If there is a problem with your new packs, please contact us at Fukuyama Racing for a replacement or refund. I'm sure there might be some issues other then being a soldering problem or a cell could of been over-charged or vented. This seldomly happens but it does. Other then that, I'd love to take a look at it. I too have a PhD in Engineering as well as a couple of my partners who also work at JPL and yet we sometimes overlooked our soldering on our own packs. Not saying just because we can solder on 0402 micro-sized Ic, that we are better then others, but it does happened.

Please remember that we take pride in the matching we do at Fukuyama Racing and all packs should run flawlessly. If we sell 3000 packs and only 2 or 3 packs are coming in bad, that would mean we're doing something right.

Nonetheless, we'd be happy to inspect the flat packs you have and if needed, we'll refund you the money. Thank you.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:09 PM   #6394
Tech Initiate

Mail me with a shipping address and i will ship them to you. I would rather have the packs replaced than have a refund. I really like one of the packs but like i said the other 2 are very flat on the track.

[email protected]
hooked911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #6395

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Fukuyama Racing Inc.
4148 Baldwin Ave., Suite 202
El Monte, CA 91731

Send them in care for Daniel
Old 01-31-2005, 03:31 PM   #6396
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

I guess I can chime in here too. I started running Fukuyama packs back in Jan-Feb of last year. Couldn't be any happier. I'm still running my older 1.169's and 1.170's and still have a lot of punch however run time has gone down approx 30 sec. But that can be expected of 1y/o batts. I just recently purchased some 1.18+ and I'm quite impressed with them. The Fukuyama pack along with my EA motor put me in the #3 qualifier spot ( behind two of the fastest guys in our area) for our big race here this past weekend. Let's just hope I can get a little help down at Snowbirds...(hint...hint...1.19..hint..hint..). See ya at the birds!!!

Dan...you are going to be there, right? Don't forget to bring Nate with ya.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:41 PM   #6397

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Dan will not be there this year, I spoke with him last week. he wishes us all luck though!
Old 02-01-2005, 12:35 AM   #6398
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I can honestly say that since we started running Fukuyama packs Nick has told me many times that these packs always have great punch... from the first to the last minuet of the race. I cant remember him ever saying that about any other brand we have run... and we tried a lot of different matchers packs over the years.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:52 AM   #6399
Tech Regular

Default customs & excise

Steve did you get my e-mail ?

I 've had to send my order back c&e over valued it tax is same as the purchase.

Sammy
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #6400
Tech Elite

Are you directing this to Stephen Sobottka? Or Stephen at Fukuyama HQ. If Stephen at HQ, please re-direct it to Daniel.
Thanks!
John
Old 02-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #6401
Tech Regular

who ever run sales deptment
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:51 AM   #6402
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does anyone know if Dan has been around? I've emailed him twice in the past week and a half with no responce. It's tough for me to call him with the time difference and all.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:03 AM   #6403
Tech Elite

Dan's been swamped Matt. He's been working really hard to get cells ready for snowbirds. PM me and I'll give him a call with your request and see what he says.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #6404
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
Does anyone know if Dan has been around? I've emailed him twice in the past week and a half with no responce. It's tough for me to call him with the time difference and all.
Sorry for the delay Matt,

been swamped with stuff at the office as well after family. I've also explained to you in your email my reasons..

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #6405
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No problem Dan, good to hear from you again and good luck with everything
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote