R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 01-18-2005, 08:54 PM   #6316

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Hey Boys-
Is anyone going with me to the snowbirds? I hate being by myself lol.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 PM   #6317
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus
Default Re: Can you say "1.19+?"

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
ok Repeat after me:

1.19+, 1.19+, 1.19+ this is true! there are such things..

How about a January random drawing for a pack of 1.19+??

I need some feedbacks please

Dan
Count me in Dan.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 09:57 PM   #6318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

well, Bob.. the only problem is that qualifying starts at 9am... track opens at 7. most of us are driving up fri nite, and they have some cheap hotel rooms located... i am not able to leave town until about 5 or 6 friday night. not looking good, with no practice on a new car...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:14 AM   #6319
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I don't think I could make it up there that early, & there's no way I can go up Friday night(my work schedule is Sun., Mon., Thurs., & Fri. 3:15pm-2:00am), so I'll probably have to take a pass this time, but maybe the next time a road trip's set up there I'll have no problem(especially if it's a Sat. night club race there), & in the meantime I can run at Adams Creek now that I think I'm caught up on all my bills......

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #6320

BUMP
Old 01-20-2005, 10:55 AM   #6321
Tech Adept

Default Battery War

So guys there seems to be a lot of talk about inttelect cells, VTEC cells, and GP3700. As Fukuyama Drivers i just wanderd what peoples thoughts were to the looming Battery war?
Nick Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #6322

Who knows, I am just the driver, you have to wait for4 an answer from the man on top! haha
Old 01-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #6323
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Battery War

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick Simpson
So guys there seems to be a lot of talk about inttelect cells, VTEC cells, and GP3700. As Fukuyama Drivers i just wanderd what peoples thoughts were to the looming Battery war?
been in this hobby since the 80's and one thing for sure ......... the battery wars never end always something new around the corner

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:29 PM   #6324
Tech Initiate

I purchased 3 packs of your cells from a hobbyshop about 2 months ago. I have only ran the cells for racing, no cycling or any thing. One of the packs run great, the other 2 are kinda crappy. I have always charged at 5 amps with a 3mv peak. Discharged to 5.4 right after racing. Then before charging i will tray them on an integy tray for about 8 to 10 min. I dont under stand why 2 of the packs dropped off so bad. They peak out at about 9.2 v but they lack punch on the track. The one good pack is killer (it will run with my promatch 1.18) but the other ones feel like 2400's at best. All of the packs are 1.16+. Does it sound like i did something wrong or did i just get some weak cells.
hooked911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #6325
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked911
I purchased 3 packs of your cells from a hobbyshop about 2 months ago. I have only ran the cells for racing, no cycling or any thing. One of the packs run great, the other 2 are kinda crappy. I have always charged at 5 amps with a 3mv peak. Discharged to 5.4 right after racing. Then before charging i will tray them on an integy tray for about 8 to 10 min. I dont under stand why 2 of the packs dropped off so bad. They peak out at about 9.2 v but they lack punch on the track. The one good pack is killer (it will run with my promatch 1.18) but the other ones feel like 2400's at best. All of the packs are 1.16+. Does it sound like i did something wrong or did i just get some weak cells.
you will need to run the packs a couple of times to "wake up" the cells. i know that's what i had to do with fukuyama cells. my 1.16's can charge up to 3900 and once in a blue moon up to 4100+.
tirbolag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 03:51 PM   #6326
Tech Initiate

ummm they are 2 months old with appx 8 cycles each on them. They have been "woke up". 2 of them suck and one is the best pack i have. Go figgure....
hooked911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #6327
Tech Initiate

my bad... didn't see the "two months ago part." give fukuyama a call or send them an email. maybe they can take a look at your packs and determine the problem.
tirbolag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:55 AM   #6328
Tech Regular

I have the same problem with the fuku also i bought six and four cell's and the numbers are high 1.185+ and no punch they are flat, what i was told is fukuyama they cycle the pack so many time just to reach the numbers that you see on the pack, so by the time you use it they are about to go bad, because they were cycle so many times.
Ramyuras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:30 AM   #6329
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

That is a totally false statment. Fukuyama cells are cycled no more then 4 times for HQ cells. If you're saying cells go bad after 4 or 5 cycles and you believed them, then I have a bridge to sell you. To define flat is very subjective. I suggest that you follow Fukuyama's tips for charging/discharging and what to do if they rest. Visit http://www.fukuyamaracing.com/techinfo.html

I'm sure if you follow what is outlined you'll find out the packs are not "Flat" or "dead" cause they were over cycled at the factory.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:37 AM   #6330
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Quote:
Originally posted by hooked911
ummm they are 2 months old with appx 8 cycles each on them. They have been "woke up". 2 of them suck and one is the best pack i have. Go figgure....
Do you have any idea of how long these cells sat on the shelves of your LHS?

Up the peak detect and you should get more punch.. Also, what class do you race? mod or stock? If stock I suggest you charge at 6 amps, you'll get more power while sacrificing a few seconds in run time, but stock never dumps if you're gear correctly. You also could have done damage to the cells while building them.

To say the cells suck and to blame Fukuyama is very insulting. We do not know what equipment you use, or your soldering ability. Please visit the Fukuyama Racing link in my signature for info for caring for the cells and charging/discharing recommendations. I've been racing Fukuyama cells for over 2 years now and never had a problem with any of them.

What's with the rash of insulting comments lately?

John