R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 06-01-2004, 01:49 PM   #5131

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Hey Hey, looking good there dan lol, standing next to a hot car, and hot chick. What more could a guy ask for at the RC races lol.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:12 PM   #5132
Tech Rookie

I bought a pack of Fuku cells there other day. It was a 420 second, 1.165 pack. Straight out the package they were cycled on a Turbo matcher as per the label, 6.0 amp charge and 30 amp discharge. 4 of the cells were 415 - 420 with voltage of 1.13 to 1.15. 2 of the cells were 340 - 350 with voltage of 1.09 -1.10 (one cell vented). Wow what happened? Did I get a bad pack? What should I do?
hairydangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:28 PM   #5133
Tech Adept

Hairydangler, you should give Fukuyama a call if you got a bad cell
the guys are very nice over there, they will help you with your
problem, just give them a call.
Dr Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:34 PM   #5134
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

There are a lot of variables when it comes into play for matching cells. Cycling them just adds stress. Maybe you have an old version of the firmware. Contact the folks at Fukuyama Racing.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:37 PM   #5135
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by hairydangler
I bought a pack of Fuku cells there other day. It was a 420 second, 1.165 pack. Straight out the package they were cycled on a Turbo matcher as per the label, 6.0 amp charge and 30 amp discharge. 4 of the cells were 415 - 420 with voltage of 1.13 to 1.15. 2 of the cells were 340 - 350 with voltage of 1.09 -1.10 (one cell vented). Wow what happened? Did I get a bad pack? What should I do?
I'd say give Dan a call.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:54 PM   #5136
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by hairydangler
Hi,

Sorry you had some tough luck with those cells. Please let me explain something. 1. There is no reason to cycle those matched cells on a turbomatcher because. A. Unless you have a temperature controlled enviroment, it will give the cells an additional stress level. B. If you are using an older firmware on your turbomatcher, the it will overheat the cells. C. If you are cycling the cells on the DEFAULT turbomatcher, it will also sometimes overheat the cells. 2. Please bare in mind that the these cells are ALREADY matched and have gone through a very strict tolerance test as well as being closely matched as possible. When one tends to re-match them for the purpose of numbers or what other reasons, it will definitely throw off the numbers. 3. In no way are the cells suppose to vent unless it has be overheated due to too high of peaking or re-peaking.

Nonetheless, if you send the packs back unassembled, we'll be more then happy to give you a FULL refund.

For others: Please DO NOT try to imitate our matching process unless you've actually visited our facilities and have been instructed or trained by us. Having a matcher and trying to duplicate what we're doing will and may result in damaging the cells.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:07 PM   #5137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

i almost didnt even see Dan in the pic above!!!
how ya been?

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:37 PM   #5138
Tech Master

Thumbs up All the hard work...............Long post

Well, got back to work today and read a lot of emails and trying to catch up on things at the office again.

I just wanted to thank all the Fukuyama Racing supporters, customer and our team drivers for their hard work and excellent professionalism this past weekend at the Reedy Race of Champions. They've come a long way from home to participate in this awesome event and have given their very best. <nod>

Although some ended up good, some didn't simply becuase luck wasn't really on their side. regardless of where they ended up in the race, they are all Champions just for participating and professionally representing Fukuyama Racing and Fukuyama Motorsports. <nod>

Here is a list of names mixed in with customers and drivers I would like to thank again: (in no particular orders)

1. Satoshi
2. Shinichi
3. Chris Tosolini
4. Josh Numan
5. Matt Howard
6. Jason Ertrachter
7. Jon Kerr
8. Mark Franko
9. Howard
10 Team TAOB friends
11.Curtis,
12. George Lin,
13. Victor
14. Paul Wynn,
15. Nathan
16 Bubbles and many many others who I have forgotten to mentioned because of my aging. LOL

Special thanks to Surikarn for his wins and becoming a good friend along with the whole TRF crew. Many thanks to my friend Masami as well. =) and mostly all of the Socal normals like Neil, Rod C, etc.....

Looking back in time, I still remembered going to tracks literally begging people to try out packs for free and helping drivers anyway I can in the last two years. Fukuyama Racing has grown since then and have continued to make friends with 99.99% of our customers. This to me is one of the most valuable assets of Fukuyama Racing. Those same friends today are still on this board and I still cannot Thank them enough for what they have done and their presence here supporting Fukuyama Racing.

Nowadays, everytime I walk onto a track or race, it brings the brightest smiles to my face knowing that I have so many friends everywhere. Ones I've given my heart to and the return becomes a lifetime worth of friendship. =) you know who you are and I "Thank you" for your help and your continued support.

May God Bless the R/C industry and all the hobbiest that is involved.

SINCERELY THANKING YOU.

Dan
Fukuyama Racing
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:42 PM   #5139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hey DAN !!

It was nice talking to you at the REEDY RACE ...

And to All who ran FUKUYAMA Batteries in this event .. GREAT JOB !! and EXCELLANT showing .....
Old 06-02-2004, 06:49 AM   #5140
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Dan - I'm happy to represent you and Fukuyama Racing. Your company provides the best products to the racer and your customer service is hands down the best I have ever encountered.

I wish I could of made the Reedy race. Looks like you had a blast! Next year is always a possibility. I'll give you a call soon when everything settles down.

John
Old 06-02-2004, 07:24 AM   #5141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Dan - I'm happy to represent you and Fukuyama Racing. Your company provides the best products to the racer and your customer service is hands down the best I have ever encountered.
amen! should say for me that " i would be "

seriously though... ever since i got the first two packs, i have been pretty much racing your cells exclusively. excellent product and service!!!

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #5142
Tech Fanatic

Hi Dan,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the Reedy race, I hope you can make the trip up to 4 Fun Hobbies and Raceway soon.

After seeing you and how you interact with your drivers it makes me feel good about bringing your product into our shop.

I hope to talk to you soon about projects in the future.

Scott Welte
Old 06-02-2004, 12:05 PM   #5143
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just likek Reedy ROC..Losi will have their version...
I hope the Fukuyama team drivers will be out in force at the
Losi Sedan Championships in August.

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:59 PM   #5144
Tech Rookie

Maj. Teeth: I have several questions about your reply. You mention a temperature controled environment, what temperature? What are you refering to by "older firmware"? What should I be using? What is "too high of peaking or re-peaking"? Several other packs were tested at the same time with no problems or discrepancies.
Thanks
hairydangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:08 PM   #5145
Tech Master

Hairydangler- In the case of batteries being matched the cells perform in the manner that batteries do. The test equipment like a T35 or T30 or even GFX t35 are all prone to perform the test and give out different results depending on temperature.

If you match cells in a climate controlled enviroment you have a controlled process that gives you the matcher a consistent output. Matching cells in a hot room gives you really high number and matching in a cold room gives you low numbers.

Dan and Fukyama have great qaulity products because of the quality contol and climate controlled enviroment. This is the only way the a successful matcher stays in business and retains customers.

I run the fukyama brand because of the quality. Keep in mind that the equipment that we have at home goes out of adjustment and also outdated!!!
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote