R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 10-04-2003, 11:20 AM   #496
Tech Addict

I see the 1.15's have gone up in price should think so too they were way too cheap
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 12:34 PM   #497
Tech Regular

Hey i Ordered some of the 1.15's tonite ( only 5 packs )
anyways, just making sure you got my order? and my email about shipping? and sticker

.. lol .. ok thats enough for questions from me..

Rob STorey
Carbon_Fibre3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:24 PM   #498
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Welllllllllllllllll. How was racing this weekend? I had a pretty good day today. Qualified 2nd and finished 3rd at the Gate in Cleveland. Car was awesome and batteries had serious pull. I ran each pack two times today and they were simply impressive. Only thing holding me back was m~ You'll have that sometimes, but that's racing....

Lets here how your weekend went!
Old 10-05-2003, 08:53 PM   #499
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Racing today was pretty good. I qualified 5th, finished 6th. Power was great, my head just wasn't all the way into it. I'm a little under the weather today but still had fun.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:57 PM   #500
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Rob,
You and Eli were so fast today!! Of course i go 0.5 faster this weekend than last-but now you and Eli go another 0.4 seconds faster!! I cannot catch-up at that rate!!

I had an a_main car today-but I couldnt pull it off!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 06:53 AM   #501
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
hmmm? I wonder why John Fontaine hasn't posted. I hope he got home alright.

Dan
Hey buddy! Sorry, been busy ripping up the track with the stuff in the package that arrived! YGM and i'll post some more in a bit

Awesome news on the drawing.. That will rock for these guys!

Happy racing and i'm glad that everyone is enjoying their Fukuyama racing cells!

John
Old 10-06-2003, 08:31 AM   #502
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Some more info on my weekend. Indoor carpet racing with a lot of team trinity drivers so competition was tough to say the least!

I was racing stock class on a small technical track 96x60' or so. Lap times in the mid-upper 9 seconds! The punch of Fukuyama cells are put to the test and pass with flying colors! TQ and I were only 2 laps apart, but being the compitition is so close it comes down to tenths of a second! I qualified 3rd in the B main and won the B main in a class of 8 in the main. I drove very smooth and passed many people down the straight with my fukuyama cells and a monster stock motor. Need to work a bit more on the carpet setup but coming up strong. Getting caught in traffic got me a few 10-11 seconds laps but if I ran a consistant 9.7-9.8 I would get that extra lap to make the A. That's my goal for next time. It was awesome to see Joel "magic" Johnson run low 8 second laps in his mod Losi XXXS. His driving is incredible, i'm glad I got to hang out with him for a bit.

Hope everyones elses racing was exciting as mine.. Everyone loved my modded GFX at the races, it really put on a good light show... LOL

Thank you all for the support for Fukuyama racing, if it wasn't for you guys purchasing their product than none of this could be possible.

John
Old 10-06-2003, 09:14 AM   #503
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Isn't running with Joel truely entertaining?I am sure even though he doesnt race nearly as much anymore,he could still put it down.When he lived here in california before he went to work for Satan he belonged to a club called RcCar.It was like a Nationals every raceday.Joel was always so approachable and definately knowledgable and an all around pleasant person.
I remeber when gas racing was in its infancy,he used to come out and spank everyone with his Kyosho spider MKII with a .36 hp .11 sized engine.He made everyone look like they were standing still.Well I am sure you guys enjoy his company.Hopefully he will move back here someday.But I wont hold my breath.

By the way fuku cells rock.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:21 AM   #504
Tech Master

Hi Ray,

Sorry to hear about your dilema. Both Fedex, UPS and even USPS somethings does thing we least expect. Having said that, it also happened to me when quite often when UPS or FEDEX said they're on the truck for delivery, I ended up getting it the following day or if it lands on a Friday, I get it on Monday. I would have to call them on Friday so hold the stuff at the fedex or UPS center just so I can pick them up on a Saturday. It's an ongoing thing for these big shipping guys. The only benefit with FEDEX and UPS as compared to USPS is that the tracking numbers are valid and you can actually trace it with a more detail tracking along with full insurance benefit. That is the only reason we chose FEDEX since they're claim is faster and only takes 2 week as oppose to 1 month with other carriers. USPS on the other hand are the worst with just a delivery confirmation number that does no good and the insurance is a lot more expensive and seems to make shippers miserable with any ins. claims. I do really hope you get your cells by today and if you need to me to file a complain, I can do that.

On a brighter note, you will love those cells I sent you and there's even more to come as we've stocked up on all numbers and just added another 20 machines so the volume of matching will go up.

Dan

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
I am a dealer-but only for the Gate-my track.

But get this-I got screwed by the shipping companies AGAIN!! The 13 batteries I ordered were on the FedEx truck Friday and never got dropped off. I called at 4pm-"Oh dont worry-its on the truck!! It will be there by close of business." NOT!!!

I think all the shipping companies should change there slogans to:

"If you need it when we say we can get it to you-use our most expensive option-or else-we dont care about your parcel one bit."

Sorry-Venting-I get screwed by USPS, Fed Ex ALL the time. And I am in an industrial park in a big city!! Its not like I am in the boonies!!

Danny-I was so hoping (as were 4 local racers) to run my new packs tomorrow. I guess they'll have to wait till Oct. 12th!!

Ray
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:32 AM   #505
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
Yeah, I just gotta talk to him about it and give him Dan's # so they can get in contact.

BTW, DAN, PM me with your work #, I only have cell written down.
Got it, I'll send you my #. I just thought you had it since you called me on Friday. LOL

Dan
Old 10-06-2003, 09:34 AM   #506
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon_Fibre3
Hey i Ordered some of the 1.15's tonite ( only 5 packs )
anyways, just making sure you got my order? and my email about shipping? and sticker

.. lol .. ok thats enough for questions from me..

Rob STorey
Rob,

We sure did and they'll be going out today since we didn't ship during the weekend. I've included some nice decals in there for you. Enjoy.

Dan
Old 10-06-2003, 09:35 AM   #507
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RBLove
Welllllllllllllllll. How was racing this weekend? I had a pretty good day today. Qualified 2nd and finished 3rd at the Gate in Cleveland. Car was awesome and batteries had serious pull. I ran each pack two times today and they were simply impressive. Only thing holding me back was m~ You'll have that sometimes, but that's racing....

Lets here how your weekend went!
Nice Bro! did you get a chance to run the OMEGA cells?

Dan
Old 10-06-2003, 09:39 AM   #508
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Hey buddy! Sorry, been busy ripping up the track with the stuff in the package that arrived! YGM and i'll post some more in a bit

Awesome news on the drawing.. That will rock for these guys!

Happy racing and i'm glad that everyone is enjoying their Fukuyama racing cells!

John
Hi John,

Yes, got your emails. Btw, remembered I had PM you about our other promotion earlier on last week? well, those will be implemented shortly.

Dan
Old 10-06-2003, 09:54 AM   #509
Tech Master

Default Lost Emails

Guys,

Those who had tried to send me emails to our sales or info @ fukuyamaracing.com last weekend, please re-send it again because we had a major computer failure and our computers were down the whole weekend. Thanks.

Dan
Old 10-06-2003, 10:11 AM   #510
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

To the Fukuyama Crew:

I anticipate my cells sometime today, so I was hoping to clarify some charge/discharge/repeak/storing procedures:

1. To charge, I should use [email protected] peak detect.

2. To discharge, I should discharge to 5.4v or .9v per cell @20amps.

3. Store @ 5.4v.

4. Repeak @ .1v or 10mv right before my race, especially if a pack has been sitting for a few minutes.

Questions:

1. Should I run a charge/discharge the night before?

2. Should I then tray the pack on an octane 2 or Real Time 2 before I charge on race day?

3. I use an Orion Digital Discharger which discharges @ 20amps to 5.4v; which I will be using to store my new packs, do i need to worry about an individual cell being taken down too low?

4. I also have been using an Orion active discharger, which is supposed to balance the cells to .5v. Is use of this product ok?

4. Could you clarify this statement off your website:
Quote:
During your race day when you have already raced and cycled your packs down to 5.40v for 6 cells and 3.60v for 4 cells for the 1st time, instead of charging based on the above suggestion, try repeaking only with a peak detect of .05. It has proven to give you a slight increase in voltage and runtime the second time around. You do not need to discharge it down to 5.40v or 3.6v after this, just simply repeak again when the pack have cooled. We do suggest no more than three cycles per pack per day.
I'm not sure exactly when you would perform this? Does this take the place of storing @ 5.4?

I appreciate any help and look forward to trying the cells this weekend.

Thanks,

Buddha
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote