Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I guess your Integy packs aren't really that good after all and where do you come off saying your faster?LOL Me and Mo were the only ones in the 26 lap club and the only ones to pull 12.0 laps last week. Just because I had some body tuck problems in the main doesn't mean you were faster It's me and bigdog vs you this week
My Integy packs are still good. I just need some new one's but your pack was pretty good. I pulled 12.1 so I'm not that far off and in qualifying your yokomo team mate ended my quest for 26... Qualifying isn't much if you don't do well in the main. It's like taking your sister to the prom... It's still you and me against bigdog. Nothing has changed!!!! Thanks for loaning me a pack to try. See you next week if you're racing both days.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Mako.....

Is it me or does none of the stock motors that Fukuyama puts out have a dyno sheet to see specs?I was at All speed hobbies and noticed none of them had a sheet.Most racers will bypass these motors if they dont know what they are getting.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

well, i for one will try it anyway... i have been totally impressed with the product from the Fukuyama guys.

i have several motors that were "tuned" by someone else, with a pretty good printout... but the fastest one i have was straight outta the package!

im not for sure that "dyno = track performance" completely...
Old 05-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree.. I got a motor from Team 1 and on paper, the motor was a dog... put it in my car and WOW! it was fast... I don't believe the papers much anymore..

Also, I got one of the Mako motors and it is awesome!
Old 05-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

I understand your stance,but most people are stuck on these little sheets.I for one tune my own motors so the printout is irrelevant after the first run.But in order to get people to buy, almost all companies put in a sheet for thier PRO motors.Thats how it goes.I had bought 2 Fukuyama 1.18 packs last week in the shop I saw the mako motors in,and the people looking at the Makos were saying why would I buy a motor without a dyno sheet when I can buy a Standard Monster and a set of 767's and make the motor just as fast for 5 dollars cheaper.Maybe Daniel or his team guys can answer why there are no dyno sheets.They obviously were dynoed at some point.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

I see your point and will leave it at that..
Old 05-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Does a piece of paper that states the specs of a motor that important?
Difference companies use different dynos to test and tuned their motors. So wats the fuss?
A good example is in the GP class. Why does some engine has hp on it while other (RB) only shows stars as the engine rating?

I believe Dan and the guys over at Fukuyama believe that their motors are one of a kind and irrelevent to what you might compared it too.

Just my humble opinion.

Peace
Old 05-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racenut123
I understand your stance,but most people are stuck on these little sheets.I for one tune my own motors so the printout is irrelevant after the first run.But in order to get people to buy, almost all companies put in a sheet for thier PRO motors.Thats how it goes.I had bought 2 Fukuyama 1.18 packs last week in the shop I saw the mako motors in,and the people looking at the Makos were saying why would I buy a motor without a dyno sheet when I can buy a Standard Monster and a set of 767's and make the motor just as fast for 5 dollars cheaper.Maybe Daniel or his team guys can answer why there are no dyno sheets.They obviously were dynoed at some point.
LOL. the motors are dynoed with the latest revisioned Fantom Dyno. All motors must meet and pass a certain guideline before being packaged. The problem was with first batch of motors, we wanted it to launch as soon as possible while our printer was not set up yet. In our future motors a dyno label will be included. Hope this clarified some of the confusion there have.

As for motors, any one of those motors on shelves at the hobby stores or ordered through us. I can assure you that I would be proud to run as my own personal motor. With that said, hope you guys continue to support Fukuyama Racing. Thanks.

Dan
Old 05-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Old 05-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
LOL. the motors are dynoed with the latest revisioned Fantom Dyno. All motors must meet and pass a certain guideline before being packaged. The problem was with first batch of motors, we wanted it to launch as soon as possible while our printer was not set up yet. In our future motors a dyno label will be included. Hope this clarified some of the confusion there have.

As for motors, any one of those motors on shelves at the hobby stores or ordered through us. I can assure you that I would be proud to run as my main motor. With that said, hope you guys continue to support Fukuyama Racing. Thanks.

Dan
Dan, you can count on me to keep getting your products.. I did your suggestion on my motor and it was an absolute rocket! My 12L4 was very fast.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by clinttredway
Dan, you can count on me to keep getting your products.. I did your suggestion on my motor and it was an absolute rocket! My 12L4 was very fast.
Me 2 me 2.
But we don run 27t motor.
too bad. If not i will be getting one too.
Heehee
Old 05-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default YGPM

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Daniel: Please reply to the PM I sent you last week.

Thanks,

James
Old 05-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

My question is relevant and Dan cleared it up.Thanks Dan.If you think I am trying to start trouble here,thats funny.I started this thread way back when.Why would I buy Fukuyama Batteries if I thought he was trying to rip me off?LOL

But your saying that Dyno sheets are irrelevant is like saying Battery labels are no help either.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

I am not saything that they are irrelevant, I am saying that they don't always show the trueness of the motor.

I bought a P2K Pro that on paper looked awesome, I put in the car and it was a bomb... Like I said with the Team 1 motor, when I got it and looked at the dyno sheet, it looked like a bomb, but after I ran it, it was a different story.

All I am saying is that you cannot always go by a 'sheet'... go with what works and by reputation. I bought this motor strickly on the fact that so many vouched for them. If they hadn't, I wouldn't have touched it with 10' pole...

not trying to start anything.. just relaying my experience in the years that I have been racing... also, it is ok to disagree...
Old 05-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

racenut123. Sorry for being too short on my explanation.
What i mean is sometimes different labels from different tuners will come out with different numbers. So does some matchers. Wat i mean is irrelevant is when u compare the numbers to other tuners. Sometimes the numbers doesnt tell the real story with the performance. Again i apologise if i have offended you in anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.