Tech Adept

awsome then i guess ill wait...!
ahh the waiting game

Originally posted by John Fontaine
The motors should be released very soon!! I have one and it rocks
Old 04-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bob- THATS AWESOME MAN!!!! im bringing the turbo dyno if you would like to use it let me know. We'll be there friday morning bright and early for practice.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's a pic of the Fukuyama center shaft for the SD
Attached Thumbnails Fukuyama Batteries-sd-shaft.jpg  
Old 04-26-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried these batts on a modified motor like 9t or 6turn?
How was it? I just ordered 2 packs, a 1.16 and a 1.17+ and plan to run them with my modifieds. THX in advance
Old 04-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you're running modifed, you want to get packs with the best runtime you can get. You'll need to make sure you take proper care of them to make sure you make runtime. Charge at 5 amps and make sure to discharge to 5.4v after your run and equalize them all at .9v per cell BEFORE your first charge of the day. If you take proper care of your cells, they'll do great for you in modified. I ran a 9 single Yesterday and Randy Caster ran a 6 turn and made runtime as well.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Actually after I ran the 6 turn for 5 mins Josh and I switched cars and ran for about another minute to see how the cars felt. Despite what some would think, for modified, I am only running mid 1.16 packs.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Runtime is more important in mod than votage. High voltage packs are best for stock and 19 turn where you can't legally "motor up" like you have the option of doing in modified.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let me throw my .02 in here. IMO the internal resistance is the most important in mod. If you have high voltage and high internal resistance you're not going to see that voltage with the high load our motors are putting on the batteries. Batteries with lower internal resistance will also run slightly cooler as well, since obviously there's less resistance in the battery.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would like to hear from anyone at Team Fukuyama to give your thoughts on how much runtime a mini receiver pack may add in a xxx-s sedan. And any additional thoughts or considerations when running these. Thanks as always!

racer-oZ
Old 04-27-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hmm. No idea. I know receiver packs are widely used for 1/12th scale where only 4 cells are used. This is to give increased voltage to the receiver and also the draw won't come from the main pack. I don't think I have seen this with touring cars and 6 cells but I could be wrong, extra weight. Using GP3300's, the runtime is so high compared to 2400's or 15-1700 NiCD's just a few years ago that it's hard to pull so much from the cells that they dump.

Are you concerned with runtime? Look for cells with the highest runtime and lowest IR like Matt Howard says and you'll rock even a 6 turn with enough time to spare (gearing, of corse is critcal). Fukuyama cells will get you through it with or without a receiver pack!

Hope this helps.

John
Old 04-27-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

John- I have wanted to know the same info that Racer Oz asked. I guess we got the idea from looking at some of the pros cars that have been posted on this site. We never seen any discussion of what and why they are used. I am a yok guy and saw Tosolini's carpet car was running some batts and we were having some dump issues at a huge track that we run on in Mod sedan, so just trying to get the skinny....lol

Thanks for the info!

Jeff
Old 04-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

I'll see if I can get Chris to comment on his receiver pack.

If you're dumping with mod, than maybe you need to adjust charging procedures or gearing to make runtime?

Personally, with my Xray and my Associated RC12L3 running mod, I have never dumped Fukuyama GP3300's and this was without running a receiver pack and using digital servos (which draw more than analog). I have always charged them at 5 amps for mod with a cutoff of .04 - .05 V. But than I always have high runtime cells. Your equipment could be a little different.

Maybe post a tread on this subject since you have not heard of a discussion on this?

John
Old 04-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Cool- Like I said we are always looking to learn. This thread always has some great info.

Speaking of Xray- got to see one of those new team cars this weekend...man that thing is killer...super lightweight. That is the first car I have seen that would make me think about getting rid of my cgm...

Thanks again

Jeff
Old 04-27-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff - glad I could be of assistance.

Yes, the team edition of the Xray is quite nice. I think I'll still be plenty competitive with my Evo 2 and BMI chassis. Mostly, since I have most of the upgrades that they offer with the Factory Team kit already (except bulkheads which I can purchase seperately)
Old 04-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

John, when you say the receiver pack provides extra voltage, are you saying you run the receiver pack plugged in and the speedo switch turned on? I was thinking that would fry the receiver.

Also, I am running a XXX-S, I have some of the high end fukuyama batts with avg voltage at 1.17+ and runtimes listed around 415 or better, I run 10 turns and have tried a kr, D5 and now am running the Orion v2's. I make 5 minutes and have been happy with the batterys performance, but like Jeff said we are running on a track that is wide open, fast and 180 foot straight, so we are getting a little soft at the end of the run. We are looking for a way to finish the race a little stronger.

Thanks for any comments, I always enjoy reading this thread!

racer-oZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.