R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2004, 03:53 PM   #4666
Tech Elite
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default

No charge is needed to be put into the packs when storing as told to me by Dan. This includes long term storage, 2 wks to 6-8 wks.

John
__________________
Xray and Serpent....very dusty!
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:06 PM   #4667
Tech Adept
 
Gutter Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 130
Default

Finally got to try the packs out today in my XXX-S. WOWSERS!! There was so much more power than the packs I have been running, I was fishtailing like crazy for the first half of the race until I figured out how to "harness" the extra boost/speed and keep my car straight. My pitmate was experiencing the same thing. Crazy punch! Awesome batts guys, will be getting more cells in the future for sure
Gutter Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:10 PM   #4668
Super Moderator
 
Tony Rivas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kissimmee, Fl
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default hey john

is anybody from fukyama is going to be there can they bring a 6 cell the higest number to try out. I will buy it thanks
__________________
The "Dominican Assassin"
Sorry for the Spelling but you know what I mean.
Tony Rivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:08 PM   #4669
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gutter Ball
Finally got to try the packs out today in my XXX-S. WOWSERS!! There was so much more power than the packs I have been running, I was fishtailing like crazy for the first half of the race until I figured out how to "harness" the extra boost/speed and keep my car straight. My pitmate was experiencing the same thing. Crazy punch! Awesome batts guys, will be getting more cells in the future for sure
Good to hear you're happy with the packs.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:15 PM   #4670
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: Partial charge for storage?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cole Trickle
As far as I understand, storing for a week, is fine if the packs are simply discharged at 20 (or 30) amps down to 0,9 volt pr. cell. At long time storage, there should be some mAh's left in them.

But when is it long time storage? 2 weeks? 4 weeks? And how many milliamps should I put in them, 20%?

Thanks.
Just to back up John's reply, this morning I pulled out a high number pack I got a about three months ago and was holding for this time of year for the Reedy Race. I had them stored, equalized @ .9v per cell for 2 1/2 months with the battery bars unsoldered. I soldered one up today and cycled it once. It gave me numbers better then it did when it was brand new. This pack only had three runs on it before I parked it. So there's really no need to put a partial charge in them before storage. The old Sanyo 3000 did need some charge but the GP's don't seem to need it.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 04-18-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:31 PM   #4671
Super Moderator
 
Tony Rivas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kissimmee, Fl
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Re: hey john

Quote:
Originally posted by tony rivas
is anybody from fukyama is going to be there can they bring a 6 cell the higest number to try out. I will buy it thanks
i meant at the pre-worlds
__________________
The "Dominican Assassin"
Sorry for the Spelling but you know what I mean.
Tony Rivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:50 PM   #4672
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,057
Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5
Default

when does fukuyama get the stock motors?
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:18 PM   #4673
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 35
Default

Ya when?!

Quote:
Originally posted by cHckbOY5
when does fukuyama get the stock motors?
gido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:57 PM   #4674
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

***cough,cough,drivers corner?,cough,cough***
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:54 AM   #4675
Tech Elite
 
Cole Trickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Denmark / Europe
Posts: 2,571
Default Re: Re: Partial charge for storage?

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Just to back up John's reply, this morning I pulled out a high number pack I got a about three months ago and was holding for this time of year for the Reedy Race. I had them stored, equalized @ .9v per cell for 2 1/2 months with the battery bars unsoldered. I soldered one up today and cycled it once. It gave me numbers better then it did when it was brand new. This pack only had three runs on it before I parked it. So there's really no need to put a partial charge in them before storage. The old Sanyo 3000 did need some charge but the GP's don't seem to need it.
Thanks, that's easy

Probably the wrong thread, I still have a pack of Sanyo 3000 HV. Have you guys any thumbs of rule for this pack?
__________________
Schumacher Mi5 - Sanwa MT-4 / RX-462 / KO Propo PDS-2123 - Nosram 5600 X-treme Saddle Pack - LRP SPX Zero/X12 17,5 - Nosram Stealth Touch Evolution - MAAS SPS 9250
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:02 AM   #4676
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

With those cells I would always just not discharge them after the run for storage and discharge before I charged again. But I was still at an intermediate level of racing when I was running those cells so I may have been treating them improperly.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 04-19-2004 at 11:44 AM.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:15 PM   #4677
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

Q)the ir is starting to rise?
bought a couple of 170+ charge at 6 amps with a eagle cdc it`s got ir measuring counter built in they had around 6 charges in each,they get used once a week i do this,
get up early to go racing,
go to the meet
out come the cells & charger,real time 2 dis,
cells get trayed till the lights go out,of they come
cells go on charge @6 amps 5mv cut off
45 min,3650-3850 mah later,they are done not to hot not to cold
they get repeaked 2 min before my heat & race to win
i go home then i tray them till the lights go out
then get put away till next meet in a week
when i got the packs ,after 3 cycles the ir would measure between 28-35, but now they are showing figures of around 37-50 which is a bit disturbing .
am i doing somthing wrong,i need low ir
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:34 PM   #4678
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Thumbs up Special Order Batteries

Guys, Just a heads up.

For those who are planning to order the 1.18s packs for the upcoming REEDY RACE OF CHAMPIONS please contact me ASAP. We are already running low on them. It is important that we get these out to you as soon as possible. When you call the office, please let us know if you're running in the19t Spec class or Modified. If we are unable to answer your call at the time, please leave a message or call back.

For those inquiring about our Fukuyama Motorsports Stock Motors, they will be out next week on the 26th of April. Sorry for the long delay but you will love them!

As a reminder, all orders over $100, shipping is FREE. This has always been the way Fukuyama Racing extend our warm Thank you for your support.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:36 PM   #4679
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MR JOLLY
Q)the ir is starting to rise?
bought a couple of 170+ charge at 6 amps with a eagle cdc it`s got ir measuring counter built in they had around 6 charges in each,they get used once a week i do this,
get up early to go racing,
go to the meet
out come the cells & charger,real time 2 dis,
cells get trayed till the lights go out,of they come
cells go on charge @6 amps 5mv cut off
45 min,3650-3850 mah later,they are done not to hot not to cold
they get repeaked 2 min before my heat & race to win
i go home then i tray them till the lights go out
then get put away till next meet in a week
when i got the packs ,after 3 cycles the ir would measure between 28-35, but now they are showing figures of around 37-50 which is a bit disturbing .
am i doing somthing wrong,i need low ir
I suspect it is your charge. Please try another charger and post your result. Best to make sure your uncharged packs reaches 80f in temperature before charging.
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #4680
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default

would you be saying don`t take to much notice of calculating no.
they still feel realy good on track(race mainly stock), i know that all window numbers are a guide on the chargers, but just making sure that i am looking after my cells that you are happy with ie:charge, discharge,storing etc between races
__________________
EAMotorsports;;BRCA 27t National 2007 Champ's
FKO4,AdyB fan club !!
saying of the month;;The Past is History, the Future is a Mystery, this Moment is a Gift- that's why it's called The Present.
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fukuyama batteries/ trinity batteries 20-50 dollars a piece. jackfast R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 02-22-2005 06:37 PM
3 fukuyama batteries HEWITT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 07-19-2004 11:32 PM
fukuyama batteries TRF_StEvE Australian Racing 6 03-25-2004 05:04 AM
Fukuyama Batteries horniez Singapore R/C Racers 8 11-14-2003 01:19 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:04 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net