R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 04-03-2004, 10:09 PM   #4516
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ran some Fukuyama packs at the Nats and was very impressed with them. Got packs off the shelf and were A-main quality. Hats off to Dan for providing a awesome product that anyone can buy. Also congrats to Chris for his awesome run. Will be intresting carpet season next year.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:13 PM   #4517
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jkerr, thanks! You guys have been most helpful on this thread. What you said makes sense, I know as soon as it shuts off the volts come back up without a load on the battery, so the 1 amp rate takes them down a little farther to equalize. I will probably only use conditioning mode right before I'm going to charge that morning.

adrian, I'm not sure about the .5 cutoff in conditioning mode, when I had the volt meter on the batteries during conditioning mode it seemed more close to .7 cutoff, but in conditioning mode mine was turning on and off without me touching the think so I really don't know for sure.

racer-oZ
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 06:45 AM   #4518
Tech Initiate

umm... jkerr0043
I browse in DAKSPEED website and found that the new generation one(orange-red) and now it have 3 difference type

1.SCHR 2.SCHR-2 3.SCHR-2LC

Average
seconds
at 30A approx 380 approx 390 approx 400

Average
Impedance
(across an
unmatched
batch) approx 4.5mR approx 3.9mR approx 3.4mR

That's why I think, it's not just the difference shrink wrap
black_spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 07:49 AM   #4519

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Brian- Glad you liked them, they are indeed awesome packs!
Old 04-04-2004, 11:57 AM   #4520
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Just a thought

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Hey guys,

Just a thought since I read somewhere on another thread about Military discount. Now, I myself have been in the military for years and the pay really isn't much compared to the outside world. I was wondering, how many of you have military background?

Would you like to see a Discount applied for Military and Ex-Military? How about special shippings charges or Free shipping via Fedex to APO?

Let's see a show of hands.........

Dan
I'm active duty Air Force and greatly appreciate the support that Fukuyama has given me. Without them I wouldn't be able to race at the high level that I can now.

The first round of the Norcal TC challenge was this weekend and I TQ'd and won 19T and finished 2nd in mod, thanks for the power!
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:00 PM   #4521
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AdR|aN
I have gotten myself one of the Rayspeed Discharger.
Correct me if i am wrong but i found some info on the net.

NiCD
Equalized = 5 amps to 0.9v
Conditioninig = 1 amp to 0.1v

NiMH
Equalized = 5 amps to 0.9v
Conditioning = 1 amp to 0.5v

Anyone can confirm this??

The nicad setting will disharge the cells to .1v per cell regardless of the amperage you set, Nimh setting will discharge them to .9v per cell regardless as well. I have not confirmed this myself by using a voltmeter or anything but that's how it was explained to me by yokomo usa
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:01 PM   #4522
Tech Elite

This sunday was my second practise session with my new Fuku packs. As espected, they became more punchy. I used them twice today, and they were really good the second time. The charger also indicated lower IR at the second charge.

Both packs are 1,160-1,164 - but both packs consists of 1,163-1,164. All IR are 14-15 mOhm. However, one pack took 4100 mAH during charge, while the other was close to 3800 (first charges, after being on an active equalizer). The pack with 4100 mAH also feels more punchy (I havent made any measuring, neither on the track nor on the discharger). I follow all the recommendations, and both packs are treated excatly the same.

Both packs came pre-soldered. I'm using Team Orion Gold connectors. On the pack which is a little less punchy, one of the connectors might be soldered a little better. Is that enough to make this difference?

EDIT: I want to clarify, that it's myself, which soldered the Orion connectors. EDIT-END.

I'm racing stock with a P2K.

However, I'm quite impressed about how powerfull these cells are. And for a long time

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 04-04-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:09 PM   #4523
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
The nicad setting will disharge the cells to .1v per cell regardless of the amperage you set, Nimh setting will discharge them to .9v per cell regardless as well. I have not confirmed this myself by using a voltmeter or anything but that's how it was explained to me by yokomo usa
Well, don shoot me cos that was wat i found on some Jap website. That was the information i could gather.

But if you say tat the cells would be discharge to 0.1v for Nicd and 0.9v for NiMH, then whats the purpose of the conditioning mode?? I too need some explanation.

AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 04:22 PM   #4524
Tech Adept

Adr|an, sounds to me like the only difference between equalizing & conditioning is the discharge rate.

Anyone heard anything about this 'shorty cells recall'? http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=37351
Can anyone shed any light on this, give some more information?
Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:19 PM   #4525
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
storing batteries

Whats up fuku guys,one more race and indoor season is done for me.How should I go about storing my batteries for the summer?I will probably not be using them at all (I'll be hitting the links )should I sell them and just get new ones when the season starts any info would be great thanks.
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:04 PM   #4526
Tech Master

Dan, Thanks for stopping by our track at Castle Park. It was great to see you again! Next month should be even bigger and better!

John G.
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #4527
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default Re: storing batteries

Quote:
Originally posted by sns820
Whats up fuku guys,one more race and indoor season is done for me.How should I go about storing my batteries for the summer?I will probably not be using them at all (I'll be hitting the links )should I sell them and just get new ones when the season starts any info would be great thanks.

Look back a few pages.
There was a discussion about storing cells.
But if you need to know here is a brief explanation.
Discharge your cells on a tray down to 0.9v/cell or 5.4v/pack.
Leave it to cool down then store it away.
You can store it away even after it has been equalize/discharge down to 0.9v/cell.
Hope it helps
Check out fukuyama website to get more info on it.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:37 PM   #4528
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RCJohnny
Dan, Thanks for stopping by our track at Castle Park. It was great to see you again! Next month should be even bigger and better!

John G.
ya Dan and you need to come race with Us

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:50 PM   #4529
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking Re: Just a thought

sounds good... i hope this applies to ex military... where do i send my dd214???

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Hey guys,

Just a thought since I read somewhere on another thread about Military discount. Now, I myself have been in the military for years and the pay really isn't much compared to the outside world. I was wondering, how many of you have military background?

Would you like to see a Discount applied for Military and Ex-Military? How about special shippings charges or Free shipping via Fedex to APO?

Let's see a show of hands.........

Dan
eklips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:28 AM   #4530
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Good seeing you yesterday Dan. Donny and I continued our battle all day long, I got the win in pro mod, and he got the win in the 19t class, but we were about a second apart at the most for the whole time...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote