R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2004, 07:11 AM   #4306
Tech Elite
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default

Fukuyama's CET process is very strong. You'll have fast cells for a long time, plus as mentioned, the service is second to none. No matcher is really going to stand out in performance because all matchers match the same cells. You have to look at the top winning cells, and Fukuyama has been in the top 5 at all major events. I'm very happy with these cells, they have never let me down.
__________________
Xray and Serpent....very dusty!
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 07:16 AM   #4307
Tech Elite
 
AdR|aN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia. Land of Peace.
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default

Guys guys guys. What are you all so work up for?
Let it rest. If some guys think that other matchers are more worth their money, then let them buy other stuff then.
For me, if i pay for an item and it works, i will buy more.
If it doesnt work, well there is always other alternative.
I don like to compared the same stuff but difference source.
There will be no ending to it.
I have tried FUKUYAMA's 1.17+ packs and love them.
Of cos i will buy more.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:44 AM   #4308
Tech Regular
 
Hardriven RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aartselaar Belgium
Posts: 345
Default

Guys,

I'm NOT dissing FukuYama or any of their employees! I'm just stating a fact.
I bought 1.17+ cells, charge them at 6amps linier. I have 2 chargers, a Novak Millenium pro and a LRP Pulsar Competition. I know how to treath my stuff. In the past i was sponsored by ESP, who have stopped their bussiness, then switched to GM because i got great cells from them and then tried packs from a small but well known matcher in Germany, VIOL. Granted the price of the Fuku packs is good, but they don't compare to my older packs. Yesterday was proof enough for me. I had a TCS race here in Belgium where i used VIOLs for qualifying and the Fuku's for the finals. There was a lap difference of 0.2 sec. The fuku's were slower at top speed. Punch wise i felt no difference, but the VIOL packs are 8 months old.
Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Regards
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:53 AM   #4309
Tech Elite
 
John Fontaine's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SouthEast PA
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Default

No offense taken. It's your choice who you purchase products from. Thanks for the review. If you say your other packs are older, than they most probably are older generation cells. Fukuyama is processing the new GP cells which are the shorty cells. There could be a difference in performance between the two.
__________________
Xray and Serpent....very dusty!
John Fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:54 AM   #4310
Company Representative
 
Tres's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WWW.TNT-FX.COM
Posts: 3,403
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hardriven RC: was that the first charge on ther Fukuyama packs?
I know all the GP's I have used, from which ever matcher felt soft the first couple runs...

Then they come alive!
__________________
Tre's
TnT-Fx Custom Graphics
www.tnt-fx.com
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:22 AM   #4311
Tech Regular
 
Hardriven RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aartselaar Belgium
Posts: 345
Default

To John, Yes the older are the bigger cells. The Fuku's are the new shortstack cells.

To Tres, It was the 3rd time they were used.
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:37 AM   #4312
Tech Master
 
RCBuddha's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Hardriven,

Any way to see a listing of your lap times? I'm NOT questioning your driving abilities, but perhaps you could have been off a little on some of the laps. .2 difference per lap isn't that large of a gap, don't you agree? That's like taking one or two turns a little wide.

Again, DO NOT take this as a personal attack, it is not meant as one.

My advice: Keep trying the fukuyama, they should get better after a few more runs.

Buddha
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:38 AM   #4313
Tech Addict
 
Barry White's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: HEAVEN
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Guys,

I'm NOT dissing FukuYama or any of their employees! I'm just stating a fact.
I bought 1.17+ cells, charge them at 6amps linier. I have 2 chargers, a Novak Millenium pro and a LRP Pulsar Competition. I know how to treath my stuff. In the past i was sponsored by ESP, who have stopped their bussiness, then switched to GM because i got great cells from them and then tried packs from a small but well known matcher in Germany, VIOL. Granted the price of the Fuku packs is good, but they don't compare to my older packs. Yesterday was proof enough for me. I had a TCS race here in Belgium where i used VIOLs for qualifying and the Fuku's for the finals. There was a lap difference of 0.2 sec. The fuku's were slower at top speed. Punch wise i felt no difference, but the VIOL packs are 8 months old.
Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Regards
Have you checked your power suply plug?
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 09:49 AM   #4314
Tech Elite
 
AdR|aN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia. Land of Peace.
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RCBuddha

My advice: Keep trying the fukuyama, they should get better after a few more runs.

Buddha
Actually my FUKU's 1.17+ cells perform after the 5th cycle. After that i was like on cloud 9.

But the first few cycle sucks. Run time and performance wasnt around. But i couldnt say the same now. Its like waking a sleeping giant!
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:08 AM   #4315
Tech Regular
 
Hardriven RC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aartselaar Belgium
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RCBuddha
Hardriven,

Any way to see a listing of your lap times? I'm NOT questioning your driving abilities, but perhaps you could have been off a little on some of the laps. .2 difference per lap isn't that large of a gap, don't you agree? That's like taking one or two turns a little wide.

Again, DO NOT take this as a personal attack, it is not meant as one.

My advice: Keep trying the fukuyama, they should get better after a few more runs.

Buddha
I'm not offended at all. I can tell you i'm not the worlds best driver, so in that respect, yes it could be my driving. I did however notice a lower topspeed.
Since i ussualy use my racepacks about 15 times over a period of 3 months, and then sell them on, i will see if there is truth in what you guys are saying.
I will report back on this.

Regards
Hardriven RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:14 AM   #4316
Company Representative
 
Tres's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: WWW.TNT-FX.COM
Posts: 3,403
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Hardriven RC: yes, please let us know....
__________________
Tre's
TnT-Fx Custom Graphics
www.tnt-fx.com
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:15 AM   #4317
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Give them another few runs and see if you notice any wake up. When I was racing stock, I would run the cells down to .9 volt before charging them, then charge at 6.5 amps with .4mv cutoff. Good luck.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:44 AM   #4318
Tech Master
 
Maj. Teeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,130
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardriven RC
I'm not offended at all. I can tell you i'm not the worlds best driver, so in that respect, yes it could be my driving. I did however notice a lower topspeed.
Since i ussualy use my racepacks about 15 times over a period of 3 months, and then sell them on, i will see if there is truth in what you guys are saying.
I will report back on this.

Regards
it could very well be that one of the cells is off. Also, it could be the soldering aspect of the assembly. Nonetheless, if you so wish to, please contact me at : [email protected] and we can schedule your packs back at the lab so we can take a look at it. With that said, I don't mind giving you a refund after we inspect the pack. Or even an exchange.

All comments and suggestions are welcome. We at Fukuyama Racing have been and will always be on our customer's side. To us, customer service is just as important as battery performance!

Awaiting your email. Thank you.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:48 AM   #4319
Tech Elite
 
AdR|aN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia. Land of Peace.
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default

Now thats what i called CUSTOMER SERVICE. SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:11 AM   #4320
Tech Elite
 
AdR|aN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Malaysia. Land of Peace.
Posts: 2,445
Send a message via ICQ to AdR|aN
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Since i ussualy use my racepacks about 15 times over a period of 3 months, and then sell them on, i will see if there is truth in what you guys are saying.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hardriven RC
The fuku's were slower at top speed. Punch wise i felt no difference, but the VIOL packs are 8 months old.
No offence but i think your contradicting yourself.
AdR|aN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fukuyama batteries/ trinity batteries 20-50 dollars a piece. jackfast R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 02-22-2005 06:37 PM
3 fukuyama batteries HEWITT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 07-19-2004 11:32 PM
fukuyama batteries TRF_StEvE Australian Racing 6 03-25-2004 05:04 AM
Fukuyama Batteries horniez Singapore R/C Racers 8 11-14-2003 01:19 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net