R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions

Old 03-16-2004, 11:21 PM   #4201
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
I probably should go to bed but this is fun!
You dont gotta get up early, so why go to bed?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 11:38 PM   #4202
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Actually I have to go to the Dr. @ 8:30 Oh well.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 02:43 AM   #4203
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys! just got fukuyama batts with 1.17AV. i've never had batteries with that high voltage. but after i've purchased it and had it soldered, i noticed that the charge rate is 6amp. i've also never charged that high! isn't that too much for the packs? i'm concerned that i'll fry the packs too soon if i charge at that rate. but if i charge at my normal rate which is 5 amps i'm concerned that i'll "un-match" the packs. do i have any cause for concern? thanks in advance
chambalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:18 AM   #4204
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by chambalero
hi guys! just got fukuyama batts with 1.17AV. i've never had batteries with that high voltage. but after i've purchased it and had it soldered, i noticed that the charge rate is 6amp. i've also never charged that high! isn't that too much for the packs? i'm concerned that i'll fry the packs too soon if i charge at that rate. but if i charge at my normal rate which is 5 amps i'm concerned that i'll "un-match" the packs. do i have any cause for concern? thanks in advance
6 amps all the way. You will not have a problem. If you charge at 5 amps you probably won't have as much punch. Once you run these, you will never buy any other brand. These packs are awesome....
soon2bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:32 AM   #4205
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Most of the time for stock racing, I charge Fukuyama packs at 6.5 amps. They like getting the hell beat out of them, within reason.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:53 AM   #4206
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've been charging at 6 amps for mod TC racing and my packs have been running great. Besides, it takes too long to charge them at 5 amps lol
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 07:05 AM   #4207
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine
Cool Results are in!

Hey guys, final point standings are in from my Trinity ORL winter carpet racing series! Points can be seen here....maybe you'll recognize a lot of racers in these events.

http://www.outlawracingleague.com/0304ORL2points.html

Fukuyama racing power pushed me into the top 10 of both the touring stock class and mod 1/12th class.

I ended up #9 in stock touring out of 108 entrys!

I ended up tied for #6 in mod 1/12th out of 31 entrys. I was running ripping 12 and 11 doubles with Fukuyma cells was such a show...I was by far one of the fastest on the track each race.

Though I didn't place in the top 3 in points to receive a trophy, I still had a blast each race and Fukuyama cells never let me down at all! Big props go out to Daniel, Jimmy and his staff for being so supportive and being such great friends with me. Being in the top 3 next year will be my goal!

Now it's on to outdoor asphalt courses. I can't wait to be back in the fresh air again.

Cheers, and happy racing!

John
Old 03-17-2004, 10:08 AM   #4208
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for the tip guys! i have no doubt charging them at 6 amps will give them a lot of punch! as i've mentioned before, i've never charged at 6 amps with my other batts before. perhaps i'm also concerned about the lifespan of the batts if i charge them at this rate. any ideas on how many cycles before i start thinking about getting new ones in order to stay fast? just planning ahead
chambalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:21 AM   #4209
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
You dont gotta get up early, so why go to bed?
Randy,

What you need is to stay in bed of a couple of days and heal by eating healthy.

Dan
Maj. Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #4210
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Howard
I've been charging at 6 amps for mod TC racing and my packs have been running great. Besides, it takes too long to charge them at 5 amps lol
Well, for mod it really depends on the runtime. The cell's runtime is based on 6 amp charge and 30 amp discharge but to gain a slightly more runtime, it is suggested that you charge it up at 5 amps. That would give you an additional 20 or so seconds if your short of that. But of course you already know that.

Dan
Old 03-17-2004, 10:24 AM   #4211
Tech Master

Default Re: Results are in!

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Hey guys, final point standings are in from my Trinity ORL winter carpet racing series! Points can be seen here....maybe you'll recognize a lot of racers in these events.

http://www.outlawracingleague.com/0304ORL2points.html

Fukuyama racing power pushed me into the top 10 of both the touring stock class and mod 1/12th class.

I ended up #9 in stock touring out of 108 entrys!

I ended up tied for #6 in mod 1/12th out of 31 entrys. I was running ripping 12 and 11 doubles with Fukuyma cells was such a show...I was by far one of the fastest on the track each race.

Though I didn't place in the top 3 in points to receive a trophy, I still had a blast each race and Fukuyama cells never let me down at all! Big props go out to Daniel, Jimmy and his staff for being so supportive and being such great friends with me. Being in the top 3 next year will be my goal!

Now it's on to outdoor asphalt courses. I can't wait to be back in the fresh air again.

Cheers, and happy racing!

John
Good job John! now, lets see how it goes for asphalt. I'm sure you'll do even better now that you got your car all set up.

Dan
Old 03-17-2004, 10:32 AM   #4212
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by chambalero
thanks for the tip guys! i have no doubt charging them at 6 amps will give them a lot of punch! as i've mentioned before, i've never charged at 6 amps with my other batts before. perhaps i'm also concerned about the lifespan of the batts if i charge them at this rate. any ideas on how many cycles before i start thinking about getting new ones in order to stay fast? just planning ahead
it really depends on what type of batteries you're previously experienced to. As for the GP3300, they are ok to be charged at 6 amps. In fact, the cells have been cycled, processed, enhanced and matched. Matching was done based on 6 amp charge and 30 amp discharge. If you're experiencing problems, then most likely you need to look into investing in a better charger. Basically all the newer generation of charge is capable of charging the GP3300. However, you would want one that has adjustable peak detection as nimh are sensitive to this particular setting.

Dan
Old 03-17-2004, 10:39 AM   #4213
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Randy,

What you need is to stay in bed of a couple of days and heal by eating healthy.

Dan
I got tomorrow off, so I'm taking another rest day.. I might have to go to olive garden for some of their famous salad and breadsticks though... best healthy food I can think of.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:43 AM   #4214
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I got tomorrow off, so I'm taking another rest day.. I might have to go to olive garden for some of their famous salad and breadsticks though... best healthy food I can think of.
Their italian sausage soup if very good as well...best of all..soup and salad is all you can eat...

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 12:52 PM   #4215
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Aren't you just getting back into racing? Those are some pretty good results if so.
Yep, just started again at the Toys for Tots Race in November at La Mirada. So its only been about 4 months.

I took about a year and a half off becuase my wife and I had a son.
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote